508 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/11/2019 at 12:20 PM, JSWH said:

Houston, PD 07/05/2017. 
We had an interview yesterday morning at 11:40. Arrived at 11:35, checked-in and were called immediately. The lady officer was very nice and calm, she spoke mostly with me and my 22-y.o. daughter (K2). My husband did not get asked much. It felt more like a friendly casual conversation than an official interview. Standard Yes/No questions, few details about how we met, my and his family members' names, address, what I do, where my daughter went to school, etc. We brought the whole folder of documents (not a single photo) and the officer didn't ask us about anything particular. I took initiative and said I wanted to submit several documents. The officer was receptive. I submitted copies of our divorce decrees, which I had forgotten to send with the original I-485 petition and, surprisingly, had never been RFEed for that, updated medicals, joint bank accounts statements, and insurance. The officer said that everything looked good and she was going to approve us in the afternoon. The interview took 35 minutes. Upon leaving the USCIS office we got a text that our case status was updated to that of New Card is Being Produced. All in all, it was easier than I expected.

I went to my husband’s interview last week at Houston FO. We had a male officer. He said he was new and had to forward all cases to his supervisor but things looked good. What a bummer that some officers can approve right away and others apparently can’t...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Track13 said:

I went to my husband’s interview last week at Houston FO. We had a male officer. He said he was new and had to forward all cases to his supervisor but things looked good. What a bummer that some officers can approve right away and others apparently can’t...

I am hearing those given to supervisors get approved with minutes to hours. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Well it’s been a week and we haven’t heard anything so I’m not sure what’s going on :(

5 hours ago, Track13 said:

Well it’s been a week and we haven’t heard anything so I’m not sure what’s going on :(

From what I've seen with other forums, I observed that it actually takes between 7 -10 days to hear from them after the interview( for Houston filers).

So, you might expect to get something this week. 

Timeline
On 1/15/2019 at 11:23 AM, Jesusboy said:

From what I've seen with other forums, I observed that it actually takes between 7 -10 days to hear from them after the interview( for Houston filers).

So, you might expect to get something this week. 

Got the notification today! Woohoo!! Done with USCIS for the next couple years at least...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Track13 said:

Got the notification today! Woohoo!! Done with USCIS for the next couple years at least...

PD?

I have not seen any September 2017 filers get an interview in Houston FO?

The partial shutdown is a factor. At my interview on Friday, our IO told us that the Department of State is partially working for now. Meanwhile, that's the department in charge of Green Card production. One thing I know is that it is likely than not for September and October filers to start getting interview notifications, starting from the fourth week in January. This is based on the fact that the Houston field office seems to have picked up a considerable pace lately. Just relax, it will come.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.