508 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, guest 123 said:

the officer didnt specifically ask for anything she just said what proof we had took it all and said im going to approve you she didnt ask me much just the regular yes and no questions thats about it she asked my husband 2 questions where he was born and where we met thats it .it all depends im glad i got the officer i did she was nice it was a concidence that we both come from fl as well before we moved here to htx

It was easier than expected, right? :) 

30 minutes ago, guest 123 said:

how long after interview does online case status change if officer said you were approved?she did say i should get my gc in 2-3 weeks 

Ours literally changed as soon as we walked out the office to "card being produced". It changed on both the DHS account and USCIS account.

Edited by Selma and Nermin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Ours literally changed as soon as we walked out the office to "card being produced". It changed on both the DHS account and USCIS account.

mine hasnt but ive read that sometimes it doesnt get updated.so idk idont want to stress it even if they told me it was approved and she stamped my passport.

1 hour ago, guest 123 said:

mine hasnt but ive read that sometimes it doesnt get updated.so idk idont want to stress it even if they told me it was approved and she stamped my passport.

You should be fine, don't stress! The fact that you got a stamp is enough proof. We didn't get stamped.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

You should be fine, don't stress! The fact that you got a stamp is enough proof. We didn't get stamped.

Stamp is only for people who have plans to travel.

3 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Stamp is only for people who have plans to travel.

Yeah, showing that your Green Card was approved and is pending I believe. If you have that stamp it is proof that you were approved, that is why you can travel with it.

Edited by Selma and Nermin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Yeah, showing that your Green Card was approved and is pending I believe. If you have that stamp it is proof that you were approved, that is why you can travel with it.

other wise it wouldnt of gotten stamped right. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

They won’t stamp your passport if you have no plans to travel right? Proof would be the approval letter they give you after the interview.

9 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

They won’t stamp your passport if you have no plans to travel right? Proof would be the approval letter they give you after the interview.

You can get that stamp after your interview while you are waiting for your green card whether you have plans to travel or not. It is only there in case you have to travel while your GC is being produced. Aka proof of approval

Timeline
2 hours ago, Selma and Nermin said:

You can get that stamp after your interview while you are waiting for your green card whether you have plans to travel or not. It is only there in case you have to travel while your GC is being produced. Aka proof of approval

Oh ok. Others have said non travelers can’t get the stamp.

18 hours ago, guest 123 said:

other wise it wouldnt of gotten stamped right. 

Any changes? We received green card yesterday.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.