508 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/20/2018 at 9:03 AM, Selma and Nermin said:

Had our interview today. The officer asked us to provide our IDs and provide joint accounts. She asked very general questions to make sure he had no bad intentions. She also did NOT ask for the new medical.

Approved on the spot

congrats!!!what did you use to take all your paper  work?folder ,binder?was it all seperate originals copies and album? 3 different folders ?...getting all my stuff ready

Edited by guest 123

27 minutes ago, guest 123 said:

congrats!!!what did you use to take all your paper  work?folder ,binder?was it all seperate originals copies and album? 3 different folders ?...getting all my stuff ready

Thank you! We created 1 binder with tabs that matched the line items listed in our interview NOA letter. Line items that pertained to us, of course.

Edited by Selma and Nermin

On 12/7/2018 at 12:08 AM, Joel&Julia said:

We haven’t received any request for anything additional at this point. The field officer told us she thought we had “more than enough” evidence.  I guess there’s nothing to do but wait and see...

Did you guys receive your Green Card in the mail yet? What does your status say?

Does anyone know (from reading or from personal experience) how long it takes to receive the green card in the mail after interview and approval? I wonder if the shutdown will affect this.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:58 PM, Visitor User said:

It looks like all these interview letters are standardized meaning they ask for the same documents to bring in?

Yep. It also really seemed like they didn't want to see anything they already had, only new supplemental documents.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Does anyone know (from reading or from personal experience) how long it takes to receive the green card in the mail after interview and approval? I wonder if the shutdown will affect this.

Yep. It also really seemed like they didn't want to see anything they already had, only new supplemental documents.

A week. Shutdown won’t effect it.

Timeline
On 12/20/2018 at 11:55 AM, SteveCinHou said:

Had our interview this morning.  Went very smoothly and didn't ask for many of the things I had brought along (attaching our interview letter here).  Asked for our IDs, marriage certificate, wife's passport, birth certificate, divorce decree from previous marriage, tax return, apartment lease.  And asked the series of canned questions about illegal activities, etc.  Didn't require a new medical (luckily, since we weren't able to get it done due to a number of circumstances).  Turns out the medical exam rule changes 11/1 this year and there's now a 2-year windows instead of the previous 1-year window of validity.  It's a little more complicated than that, and I didn't catch all the nuances to the rule.  But net result is that most people probably won't require a new exam from now on.  Didn't really ask anything about our relationship, didn't ask for pictures (which I had prepared), didn't ask for previous immigration documents or I-94, or anything regarding other children not living with us, or bank account statements, etc... none of that.   Most of the documents requested had been previously submitted, and were just checked against what was already on file and he already had there in his paperwork.  I think the only 2 documents he kept were the apartment lease and 2017 tax return.  Interviewer was very patient (my wife needed an interpreter), courteous, and professional.  We didn't get approval on the spot.  The interviewer had only been on the job 4 weeks and said his supervisor would need to review for final approval.  But he said he saw no reason we wouldn't be approved and should expect a letter within 30 days, with physical card to follow 5-7 days later. All-in-all a very smooth experience - better than expected.

AOS Notice - edit.jpg

Congratulations to you and your wife... 

On 12/20/2018 at 4:07 PM, SteveCinHou said:

Yes, in Houston.  We went to the office on Gears Rd.

Any update for your guys? My brother just received text "Card is being produced" this morning.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Just now, NancyNguyen said:

Any update for your guys? My brother just received text "Card is being produced" this morning.

Mine has been on that same status for 1 week now.

Just now, Selma and Nermin said:

Mine has been on that same status for 1 week now.

It will come in a few days, don't worry. Last Monday and Tuesday the government offices were closed for holidays so we should expect that.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.