1,652 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

small little update:

1) i got my EAD yesterday!!!! only issue: "country of birth" unknown! 

so i called USCIS and a tier 2 called me back today, saying they will contact the office and inform them to update to Switzerland,

and they will inform me if I get a new card or if they will just keep it this way!

2) I got an email yesterday after getting my EAD card, for a telephone interview :D

With that said - I had it today and it went so well that they invited me over for a face-to-face interview next Tuesday

3) most important: DRIVING LICENCE!

sooo.. as I went to get my DL (temporary) in my first week of being here, I got my DL which was vaild for 90 days as the K1.

Today I went back to the DMV and I was able to get the DL that is valid for the time as shown on the EAD!!!! Meaning:

Once you have your EAD go to the DMV and bring:

-Passport

-Marriage Licence

-I-797C (NOA1 for Greencard)

-EAD Card

-Birth Certificate (just in case...)

Please note that this may be different in different states. I didn't bring my NOA1 for GC, and they made me go home get it,

although I had it in my email and would have been able to forward to her or print out! but they wanted the original!

So temporary licence is in my wallet (valid 45 days) which is a paperprint out, and the card will be shipped shortly! :)

So overall, it has been a terrific day!!!

Crossing fingers for the rest of you guys waiting on EAD (or invite to GC Interview)... STAY POSITIVE! remember the uncertain days

of waiting for the K1 approval? Well, at least we are all with our loved ones now ❤️ 

@Swissmiss82Congratulations on getting your EAD and even better, successfully getting through a phone interview. All the best for your face-to-face interview. :) 

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

8 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

Wait, we don't need an interview for EAD right? So does that mean next Tuesday is your GC interview already?!?! 👏

no not GC interview, job interview :D

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

2 hours ago, Balaji_v said:

@Swissmiss82Congratulations on getting your EAD and even better, successfully getting through a phone interview. All the best for your face-to-face interview. :) 

thanks a lot, it makes me speechless still..

i think the best of that part is to finally get the driving licence an "feel" free with being able to find a job and drive to work :)

hope everyone gets good news this week too! 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thanks a lot, it makes me speechless still..

i think the best of that part is to finally get the driving licence an "feel" free with being able to find a job and drive to work :)

hope everyone gets good news this week too! 

You are very welcome !! 😀

I remember the feel of getting driver's license and be able to travel wherever I want. I am glad you got everything set, very Happy for you :) 

Good Luck everyone !!

Edited by Balaji_v

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

43 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Some news for me too, RFE.... 

Ughhh! What does it say? And whyyyy did they wait until you were due for EAD to inform you🙄 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, this is great to hear how we get some more of this load of hor$e$hit.

For the 4th time we got this in the morning

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 27, 2018.

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

4 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Well, this is great to hear how we get some more of this load of hor$e$hit.

For the 4th time we got this in the morning

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 27, 2018.

I got this too a lot. We contacted congress man to look into our case and today I got an RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Dot13 said:

Please help. In my husband AOS interview letter it says to bring the vaccination paper in a sealed envelope. My husband vaccination is not sealed. They gave it back to him at interview cause it wasn't required for k1. We send a copy with the AOS package. So my question is , should I go to a civil doctor to have another vaccination or should I just bring what I have even if it's not sealed. For Those of you that have been to interview, have you been in this situation. 

•  

I've sent just vaccination list too and my interview will be at 18th Oct.

I've read here some experience.. Our medical exam not expired yet and formally we needn't to submit I-693 Form (what they asked for in interview letter). But some people got an RFE on interview because they didn't have this form though their medical exam not expired yet.

If to follow instructions - though we don't need to submit I-693 Form if vaccination was completed, anyway we still need to transfer our vaccination list (DS-3025) to I-693 by civil surgeon. Its cheaper than make new medical exam (cost 30-50 $) - they just fill part 9 of I-693 Form and put a sign and give you sealed envelope. 

So - two ways)

1) you go on interview without this form and get or not get RFE depends on luck and if you get RFE so go to doctor and make what they will ask

2) you go to civil surgeon and make vaccination transfer and bring the form in envelope on interview 

So it's up to you. I just made a form - don't want to think about it)

--------

And my status for EAD changed today to "New card is being produced" ) 

Edited by zaika

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
18 hours ago, Tomalley said:

That is probably job interview 

Yup, that indeed made more sense!

11 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

no not GC interview, job interview :D

Wasn't sure from how you phrased it, but job interview makes more sense than GC interview - although, there seem to be funny things going on with some fast GC approvals too....

Congrats on the job interview though! That's awesome :D 

I'll text you back later :) 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

For those of us still waiting and unaware of this, create an account on this website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ !

I got the recommendation while still waiting for NOA2 of my I-129F that this website gives more details than the USCIS case tracker (web page).

On the USCIS case tracker, my original I-129F still shows as "received", same for my currently pending AP.  When logged into the account, it shows my I-129F as approved (incl date), as well as received date (plus details) of my AP, plus more info on my AoS and EAD.

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 9/17/2018 at 2:03 PM, Shoegum said:

Interview officer called me last week mentioned they were able to find her medical report from the POE Border control and didn't need to do another medical :) and said congratulations you are approved.'

Online status shows approved now as well :D 

On September 13, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Congrats, Shoegum! We have been on a similar timeline until now.  We were may 2017 filers who got approved days apart. It took way too long!  Funny thing is, we received an RFE that they lost our medical too. Our POE was JFK. Just to be safe we paid to have it done all over again (except vaccination history was accepted from original). The RFE had a weird note not to send it in as it would delay the process, but to bring it to the interview.  I wish they had happened to find ours as well as notified it us. Glad to see your approval after that though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.