TBoneTX

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC [Part II]

983 posts in this topic

Just now, Andreypa said:

Guys,which one of you signed and submitted DS160 for your fiancee?

The beneficiary must sign/submit the DS160.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The beneficiary must sign/submit the DS160.

No. It's not necessary. I just read in some links,that petitioners did it and some of them are finished with whole K1 process already, so I assume there was no problem whatsoever.

Also call center for the Embassy told my fiance,that petitioner can do it on his end. Same information was confirmed from the attorneys office. 

Edited by Andreypa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi all, I'm a little confused. I just checked our case on CEAC and it says "Ready". However, the text underneath this says that WE will be contacted regarding an interview date. I thought that my fiance would need to call and schedule this himself?? I'm just a little lost about what to do at this point. I've sent him the I-134 and all supporting documentation he will need for the interview. Does he just need to schedule a medical exam? Does he need to call and schedule the interview or wait for them to call? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
56 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

Hi all, I'm a little confused. I just checked our case on CEAC and it says "Ready". However, the text underneath this says that WE will be contacted regarding an interview date. I thought that my fiance would need to call and schedule this himself?? I'm just a little lost about what to do at this point. I've sent him the I-134 and all supporting documentation he will need for the interview. Does he just need to schedule a medical exam? Does he need to call and schedule the interview or wait for them to call? 

He should contact the Embassy (preferably, via email).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

He should contact the Embassy (preferably, via email).

Agreed! I emailed the embassy here asking if they sent information by mail or if we could pick it up. 3 days later they emailed back and had an appointment scheduled so my fiance could go an pick up the information today.

07/14/18 : WEDDiNG :wub:

9/12/18 - AOS & EAD application sent

9/14/18 - Receipt of AOS & EAD

9/21/18 - Notice of Biometric appt rec'd

10/11/18 - Biometrics appt.

1/23/19 - Notice of interview date rec'd

2/27/19 - Interview date & verbal approval

1 hour ago, Andreypa said:

No. It's not necessary. I just read in some links,that petitioners did it and some of them are finished with whole K1 process already, so I assume there was no problem whatsoever.

Also call center for the Embassy told my fiance,that petitioner can do it on his end. Same information was confirmed from the attorneys office. 

1 hour ago, Andreypa said:

Guys,which one of you signed and submitted DS160 for your fiancee?

Lawfully, the beneficiary must press "sign/submit".

Anyone else doing so would not be acting lawfully.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

There are several articles on the same issue from lawyers on the issue if you search. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful
More useless info needs

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Lawfully, the beneficiary must press "sign/submit".

Anyone else doing so would not be acting lawfully.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

For that I called my lawyer just now and was told that it's not a problem at all. My fiancee called Moscow Embassy one more time and they confirmed that it is fine as well.

All Embassy calls are recorded,so I doubt they will say false info,what do you think?

2 minutes ago, Andreypa said:

For that I called my lawyer just now and was told that it's not a problem at all. My fiancee called Moscow Embassy one more time and they confirmed that it is fine as well.

All Embassy calls are recorded,so I doubt they will say false info,what do you think?

IMO? I wouldn't want to risk wasting a year of waiting if I got dinged at the interview (which I have to fly 8 hours to get to) for having incorrect info on my DS160 because my petitioner made a mistake and/or it was discovered I did not press the submit button....

But that's just my opinion.

There are MANY discussions on VJ and the internet if you search for it. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

IMO? I wouldn't want to risk wasting a year of waiting if I got dinged at the interview (which I have to fly 8 hours to get to) for having incorrect info on my DS160 because my petitioner made a mistake and/or it was discovered I did not press the submit button....

But that's just my opinion.

There are MANY discussions on VJ and the internet if you search for it. 

Why research? Isn't the Embassy considered as a knowledgeable source? I guess every Embassy is different. Information was twice confirmed.

Thank you for your opinion,but it would be nice to hear some other as well (no disrespect at all)

Edited by Andreypa

1 minute ago, Andreypa said:

Why research? Isn't the Embassy considered as a knowledgeable source? I guess every Embassy is different. Information was twice confirmed.

Did you read the link?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Did you read the link?

Yes.

"Your electronic signature certifies that you have read and understood the questions in the application and that your answers are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief"

And I confirmed it for my fiancee by clicking submit.

No information is incorrect on the form!

Edited by Andreypa

Just now, Andreypa said:

Yes.

"Your electronic signature certifies that you have read and understood the questions in the application and that your answers are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief"

And I confirmed it for my fiancee by clicking submit.

So you pressed submit? My argument came from the issue that you said he did....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.