MR.F

Second Cousin Marriage legal for CR-1 Visa ?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hay hi I need a Help.I'm kind of confused regarding my situation . My Wife is born American and she's the bring me through CR-1 Visa From Pakistan.We have married here in Pakistan and its totally legal here.The confusion is that she's my SECOND COUSIN and our interview going to be happening soon Pakistan ,Islamabad . I've Read alot of Experiences regarding Visa Refusal For Cousin Marriages. Since we are applying for Texas  and its illegal for FIRST COUSIN Marriage . But Since we are Second Cousin so should we also have to face this Law and chances of refusal ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MR.F said:

Hay hi I need a Help.I'm kind of confused regarding my situation . My Wife is born American and she's the bring me through CR-1 Visa From Pakistan.We have married here in Pakistan and its totally legal here.The confusion is that she's my SECOND COUSIN and our interview going to be happening soon Pakistan ,Islamabad . I've Read alot of Experiences regarding Visa Refusal For Cousin Marriages. Since we are applying for Texas  and its illegal for FIRST COUSIN Marriage . But Since we are Second Cousin so should we also have to face this Law and chances of refusal ?

In the United States, second cousins are legally allowed to marry in every state. 

YMMV

Timeline
9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

In the United States, second cousins are legally allowed to marry in every state. 

What to response if they would ask if you both are cousin or not ?

and how would i prove them that we are Second cousins ?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, H&T said:

Yes it 's legal on immigration purposes. However, you need to be consider the risk when having a child.

In most cases second cousins are far enough apart that there is only a little increased risk.

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, MR.F said:

If they ask if you are cousins the answer is NO.  To prove second cousin you show the family lineage that the relationship is through the grandparents not your parents

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

If they ask if you are cousins the answer is NO.  To prove second cousin you show the family lineage that the relationship is through the grandparents not your parents

So i would show him the Birth form of our parents and so it would be clear there that our grant parents are difference .

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MR.F said:

So i would show him the Birth form of our parents and so it would be clear there that our grant parents are difference .

First cousins share a grandparent, second cousins share a great grandparent (parent's grandparent)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, MR.F said:

Tell the truth.  You will not need to provide evidence you are second cousins.  They are also not likely to ask in an interview specifically, whether you are cousins or not.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

18 hours ago, MR.F said:

Only answer the question if it's asked. Since it is legal both in US and in your country, then there shouldn't be any problem. Do not volunteer information. If you are asked then answer truthfully.

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview 

|| 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

**ROC** (pending)  07-26-2017 : I-751 sent || 07-31-2017 : NOA1 || 09-05-2017 : Biometrics || 08-09-2018 : Case transferred to local office || 12-18-2018 : Card in production || 12-26-18 : received GC --

**AOS/EAD/AP** 02-20-2015 : AOS filed || 02-24-2015 : NOA1 || 03-19-2015 : Biometrics || 04-30-2015 : EAD&AP approved || 05-05-2015 : EAD&AP received || 09-25-2015 : Conditional GC approved || 10-02-2015 : GC received --

**K-1** 08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent || 08-14-2014 : NOA1 || 09-03-2014 : NOA2 || 09-10-2014 : Petition transferred from USCIS to NVC || 09-18-2014 : NVC received || 09-24-2014 : US Embassy MNL received our case || 10-14-2014 : Medical Exam done! || 10-23-2014 : Interview || 10-31-2014 : Passport & Visa on hand --

18 hours ago, H&T said:

Yes it 's legal on immigration purposes. However, you need to be consider the risk when having a child.

My great uncle married his second cousin. They have 2 kids, one is a dentist, the other has a PhD in the social sciences. Maybe the risk is that the offspring are more likely to be called “doctor” ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And I believe the question was related to immigration purposes and not asking for moral/medical advice on children.  Why would someone go there and offer their opinion on that? weird

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Judgmental posts removed along with those quoting. If you would like to learn factual information about genetics seek the proper forum for that. Any further similar comments will result in suspension. Stick to answering the question or do not post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.