2,309 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I’m a Dec 2017 filers here, K1. I would like to wish you all the best and speediest wait period. I never thought as the months passed that I could visit the US (beneficiary from the UK) but I took the courage and done it. I used the preclearance in Dublin and I’d really advocate any EU or non-EU citizen worried or anxious about coming over to use this facility. It was a truely wonderful experience. I found a few trips personally broke up our wait in chunks. Now we are waiting for them to finally begin December. 

Everyone on here is super awesome and there’s so much support from other threads. Can’t believe it’s day 161 already, 5 months into “the wait”. The time will fly by and love conquers all! ❤️

All the the best guys, 

Jon 🍀

Edited by jakejon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thought I'd pop in again. Paul has driven down from canada every 3 weeks for the past 2+ years (for a long weekend). So, him coming isn't ever a big deal, as far as border crossing goes. But last week was the first time since receiving the NOA1. Not a single problem crossing at the peace bridge (his normal POE). They asked when we were going to get married, and he told them 'as soon as the US Gov't says we can'. Guard said (basically- im paraphrasing here), 'well, you can do it any time', and paul said 'yeah, we're playing it by the book, we get married once the visa is done'. And he was in. Didnt ask for any of the paperwork he had or anything. Guard seemed happy with his response and that he wasnt planning on staying :)

hoping all of them go that smoothly!!

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

thought I'd pop in again. Paul has driven down from canada every 3 weeks for the past 2+ years (for a long weekend). So, him coming isn't ever a big deal, as far as border crossing goes. But last week was the first time since receiving the NOA1. Not a single problem crossing at the peace bridge (his normal POE). They asked when we were going to get married, and he told them 'as soon as the US Gov't says we can'. Guard said (basically- im paraphrasing here), 'well, you can do it any time', and paul said 'yeah, we're playing it by the book, we get married once the visa is done'. And he was in. Didnt ask for any of the paperwork he had or anything. Guard seemed happy with his response and that he wasnt planning on staying :)

hoping all of them go that smoothly!!

I wish it was that easy to see my fiancé 😩

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Janique pine said:

I wish it was that easy to see my fiancé 😩

we are lucky, but I also wouldnt ever even get into a relationship where i couldnt see them that frequently! but thats me, i know different situations present themselves to people all the time. even 3 weeks is getting (emotionally) longer and harder as time passes.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 29/5/2018 at 7:18 PM, RizaDD said:

We received NOA1 last May 10, im just worry to get RFE my fiance stated he was arrested way back 1998. Disorderly conduct, trespassing, and drug paraphernalia. But when he got his police report it was just one case of arrest which is just disorderly conduct. He still stated The 3 cases even if just one case on his police report, because he told me those 2 might be gone now on the police record but USCIS double check the his back ground. He said he dont want to lie and get in trouble. Is that okay we sent our case without statement on his lose criminal record? Im anxious about our case 😞

Keep thinking positively ;) one of my friend, her boyfriend (husband now) didn't put any info on 129f form if he has a kid, just because he think he never been married with his ex girlfriend, so he considering himself as a single and NO kid, they even just met once and applied for the K1 less than a year in relationship. They met online on February 2017, meet in person April 2017, and applied for the K1 on June 2017. And glad they made it, she got her visa on March 2018🤗 Soo keep spirit for you, fingers crossed!🤗

Is this the notice we will always see until NOA2 or RFE(hopefully not) or does it change before NOA2?

On May 29, 2018, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC****, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 28, 2018, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, essramos said:

Is this the notice we will always see until NOA2 or RFE(hopefully not) or does it change before NOA2?

On May 29, 2018, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC****, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 28, 2018, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Heey, yeah thats NOA1 😊 i guess it would be Change once we get NOA 2 or RFE :)

Anyway we have the same timeline they received our paper on 29th may and we got NOA 1 on 2nd June.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, essramos said:

Usually (other than the paper notification you'll get in the mail if you haven't already) that's been the case. Every once in a while there's a "name updated" or something like that just before NOA2.

Though I think maybe the new web site sends an automatic status email every two weeks even when there's no action if you've signed up there.

Edited by DaveAndAnastasia
more info
K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

52 minutes ago, Laras.D said:

Heey, yeah thats NOA1 😊 i guess it would be Change once we get NOA 2 or RFE :)

Anyway we have the same timeline they received our paper on 29th may and we got NOA 1 on 2nd June.

I see! Thank you, and hey timeline buddy! :)

52 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Usually (other than the paper notification you'll get in the mail if you haven't already) that's been the case. Every once in a while there's a "name updated" or something like that just before NOA2.

Though I think maybe the new web site sends an automatic status email every two weeks even when there's no action if you've signed up there.

Yeah, we have not received the paper notification yet, thank you for confirming! :)

Timeline
On 6/6/2018 at 8:18 AM, essramos said:

I see! Thank you, and hey timeline buddy! :)

Yeah, we have not received the paper notification yet, thank you for confirming! :)

heeyyy we got our paper notification today, what about you? 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 05/06/2018 at 4:19 PM, jakejon said:

Hey guys, 

I’m a Dec 2017 filers here, K1. I would like to wish you all the best and speediest wait period. I never thought as the months passed that I could visit the US (beneficiary from the UK) but I took the courage and done it. I used the preclearance in Dublin and I’d really advocate any EU or non-EU citizen worried or anxious about coming over to use this facility. It was a truely wonderful experience. I found a few trips personally broke up our wait in chunks. Now we are waiting for them to finally begin December. 

Everyone on here is super awesome and there’s so much support from other threads. Can’t believe it’s day 161 already, 5 months into “the wait”. The time will fly by and love conquers all! ❤️

All the the best guys, 

Jon 🍀

Hey Jon! 

Im flying into the US at the end of September, I’d never heard of the preclearance before I read your post. I’ve just briefly googled it and will look into it further. This is majorly helpful as I’ve been a little nervous about visiting before we move onto NOA2 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.