2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
42 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

Omg yayayyay our case is ready! Finally! Ok so what's next for us? How do we get packets? The Woman at NVC said it should all be coming be email. Is that true?

Book your medical and interview! Everything should come by email but you already have everything to book your medical and interview online :)

6 minutes ago, Morgan89 said:

Book your medical and interview! Everything should come by email but you already have everything to book your medical and interview online :)

Oh this is exciting! I was reading somewhere that you have to wait till after the medical to book the interview, I was like ummm that's not right. So do I need the letter from the embassy first before booking the interview? Pur medical is the 21st of this month!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
5 hours ago, jean baptiste said:

can you please start sending me the mail you sent to the embassy? second, you may know that the embassy may be very busy by this times why? its the summer and a lot of visitors visa are being processing and at the same time a lot of diversity visa. you may also be aware that the for K1 vIsa, K3 AND ALL FAMILY BASED VISA, the embassy have only 2 day per week for that and if THERE is no window available for appointment,  your fiancee may not be contacted yet. if you mail the embassy, you'll need to wait at least for 5 bussiness days no weekend include to receive an answer

Thank you @jean baptiste i finally got an email this morning, she should go on monday to pick up the letter. Welcome to America brother....

Timeline
1 hour ago, UKUSABoston said:

Oh this is exciting! I was reading somewhere that you have to wait till after the medical to book the interview, I was like ummm that's not right. So do I need the letter from the embassy first before booking the interview? Pur medical is the 21st of this month!

It is advised to do the medical before the interview, and at the moment Knightsbridge are taking over 7 working days to get the results of the medical to the Embassy. You can go for the interview after the medical no problem. However, your visa will be on hold until they receive the results and it could add almost a month of waiting time. 

I just had my medical last week, had my original interview scheduled for today, but as lots of people had mentioned their results had not been received by the Embassy after 5 working days, I changed it to next week. I'm glad I did as I called Knightsbridge today and the medical is still there, waiting to be sent. So, had I had gone today and passed the interview I'd be pending on the fact they were waiting for medical results. 

Sometimes better to wait a few days, rather than rushing in and getting yourself out of sync with the chain of events, so you can get your Visa in hand quicker ;)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/4/2018 at 1:27 PM, Naes said:

Try to check the sample in visajourney for I-134, the form is the old one but the questions are same.

for 38, I did as it was written on your quote. “I intend” and then explain “N/A - k1...”

your fiance should be filling this up by the way to avoid simple mistakes that can happen. 

For 11a to11e we did not put anything as he is citizen by birth, and for 12 we put his age and his birthday.

@Naes  So I wrote " I intend " in Part 3 question 38 and in additional info I wrote - "N/A (FILED I-129F FOR MY FIANCEE TO BEGIN K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE)"  - Is that okay ?

Also, does my Fiance need to fill up Part 3 questions 26 to 29? If yes, the date of filing(Q.29) will be the received date on I-797 (NOA1)  ?

14 minutes ago, Hemzi said:

It is advised to do the medical before the interview, and at the moment Knightsbridge are taking over 7 working days to get the results of the medical to the Embassy. You can go for the interview after the medical no problem. However, your visa will be on hold until they receive the results and it could add almost a month of waiting time. 

I just had my medical last week, had my original interview scheduled for today, but as lots of people had mentioned their results had not been received by the Embassy after 5 working days, I changed it to next week. I'm glad I did as I called Knightsbridge today and the medical is still there, waiting to be sent. So, had I had gone today and passed the interview I'd be pending on the fact they were waiting for medical results. 

Sometimes better to wait a few days, rather than rushing in and getting yourself out of sync with the chain of events, so you can get your Visa in hand quicker ;)!

Thank you! Maybe I'll tell him to wait till Aug 1st for his interview just in case! Yeah I heard it was backed up lol. Is it pretty easy to schedule your interview? There isn't like a waiting list or anything?

24 minutes ago, araliadam said:

Thank you @jean baptiste i finally got an email this morning, she should go on monday to pick up the letter. Welcome to America brother....

SUPER very good now things can move faster so be prepare to respond whenever you have to. after picking up the the letter which will contain a list of required documents for the interview, list of the hospitals for the medical, he have to quickly schedule the medical as it's going to take up to 2 weeks to be ready.

Timeline

Very very easy to schedule, you schedule it online? 

Have you submitted your DS-160 now?

If so, then just pay for and schedule the Interview here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv 

You click on register and then select 'I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment', and continue on from there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

So we are the lucky ones ha, (((insert sarcasm))) and our Case has been In Transit for 11 days.. Contacted Madrid Embassy who stated they haven't received it, Contacted NVC who said they sent it in which they ended up involving a Supervisor.. looks like the Embassy signed for it but haven't "entered" it yet.. so hard when everyone I have seen from this embassy has had a quick turnaround time to READY and ours is taking long.. I know as well that the embassy is super backed up for interviews, they are scheduling already out for September!! :( :( :( I never pictured this when choose the K-1 route instead of Spousal :( 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, CCCCCF said:

Then I should also visit then...  I traveled to there 2 times last year and 1 time this year... Maybe I should create more records then? lol

Lol

11 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

So we are the lucky ones ha, (((insert sarcasm))) and our Case has been In Transit for 11 days.. Contacted Madrid Embassy who stated they haven't received it, Contacted NVC who said they sent it in which they ended up involving a Supervisor.. looks like the Embassy signed for it but haven't "entered" it yet.. so hard when everyone I have seen from this embassy has had a quick turnaround time to READY and ours is taking long.. I know as well that the embassy is super backed up for interviews, they are scheduling already out for September!! :( :( :( I never pictured this when choose the K-1 route instead of Spousal :( 

How did u manage to talk to the supervisor?

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

How did u manage to talk to the supervisor?

Literally I should complain more because COINCIDENTALLY every time I have been worried and called something happens.. WE ARE IN READY STATUS!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I didn't talk to a Supervisor but the Representative stated they would touch base with them due to the time frame being a bit long 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

1 minute ago, andjen0519 said:

Hey guys I need your help real quick. For the letter of intent, to whom are we going to address it? For example before for the i129f we addressed our intent to USCIS. How about now that we're trying to gather our requirements for the embassy. Anyone who knows anything about this? My consulate is Philippines. TIA☺️

You address it to your embassy 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.