2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jackyjimenez said:

Hey guys! I know this not something really big but seems here in Costa Rica that the embassy does not contact you. 

Should i send the documents even though they dont ask? 

Still waiting NVC number tho 

What if you contact them first? Try via email.

My Embassy doesn't contact you unless you contact them.

Edited by ChuAni

4 hours ago, Nika211 said:

Yes I make above the poverty line. So there's no need to wait until my 1st paycheck to request documents from bank and my new employer?

Be sure to bring the documents that are outlined for the I-134 and any others that will be outlined either on your Embassy's website or their email. So if they are requesting a certain document then it is advisable to have that document at the interview. This should be smooth for you with no hiccups if indeed your income is higher then the poverty levels as outlined in the link I posted.

Each Embassy works differently so I can't speak for yours. I am very knowledgeable about the Philippines and about 3 years ago they stopped asking on a regular basis for financial information. BUT, on a rare occasion (they do recommend that you prepare the documents that are required just as you are doing in the event they need to review them) they did ask some and those that were prepared sailed through with no problems.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, jackyjimenez said:

Hey guys! I know this not something really big but seems here in Costa Rica that the embassy does not contact you. 

Should i send the documents even though they dont ask? 

Still waiting NVC number tho 

Approx. Waiting Time for Interview After Consulate Receives NVC Package: As little as 7 days, they email the beneficiary the packet 3. There is nothing to send back to the embassy. You bring all the forms and documents with you to the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Costa

This information comes from your country's portal here on VJ. To get to it go to the blue ribbon on the top of this page. Select the "Portals" tab and then search for  your country if it doesn't appear. All the information you need is there. All countries are contained so anyone reading this can find their country's Embassy instructions and information.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Approx. Waiting Time for Interview After Consulate Receives NVC Package: As little as 7 days, they email the beneficiary the packet 3. There is nothing to send back to the embassy. You bring all the forms and documents with you to the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Costa

This information comes from your country's portal here on VJ. To get to it go to the blue ribbon on the top of this page. Select the "Portals" tab and then search for  your country if it doesn't appear. All the information you need is there. All countries are contained so anyone reading this can find their country's Embassy instructions and information.

Thank you so much! I needed this info 

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

1 minute ago, jackyjimenez said:

Thank you so much! I needed this info 

I'm glad I can help. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I might as well join this thread NOA2 approved on 27th April and still have not received an email from NVC and my fiancé called last week and the person he spoke to kept saying the WAC is our case number. I'll tell him to call again this week so hopefully we get our case number 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I called the NVC for the 2nd time today, it arrived there on the 14th. And is now being processed electronically, and it’s in their system. Still saying 8 weeks for a case number but it’s just spiel. The 1st lady I talked to was incredibly rude, but today I talked to Gus, who was so polite and helpful. He told me to continue checking my email and to check the NVC often. (He also said 8 weeks but he has to say that) So I’m going to call back every day and hopefully get the case number soon!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Annalica said:

I might as well join this thread NOA2 approved on 27th April and still have not received an email from NVC and my fiancé called last week and the person he spoke to kept saying the WAC is our case number. I'll tell him to call again this week so hopefully we get our case number 

Wac is your case number in uscis, and receipt number at NVC. You don’t have to ask for a case number. Just call and after you give them your wac number they will tell you if they received it. Unless they receive it there is no case number so till then they may consider wac as your case number.

nvc will only send email when it gets to transit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have a quick question... I have finished compiling all my information for my proof of income - with my I-134, meaning letter from my bank and letter from my employer with the rest of the stuff. Should I send the info. down to my fiance or should I wait and get another letter from my bank closer to my NVC number? My NOA2 date is May the 10th. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.. Gracias

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, kendorii said:

I called the NVC for the 2nd time today, it arrived there on the 14th. And is now being processed electronically, and it’s in their system. Still saying 8 weeks for a case number but it’s just spiel. The 1st lady I talked to was incredibly rude, but today I talked to Gus, who was so polite and helpful. He told me to continue checking my email and to check the NVC often. (He also said 8 weeks but he has to say that) So I’m going to call back every day and hopefully get the case number soon!

Yeah, that's definitely a blanket response.  Standard call center procedure since they are taking calls for all different immigration types.  I called NVC for the first time on Monday, about 7:30 Pacific time.  Got right through with no hold time, just the automated system.  The lady I spoke to said they just got my case that day and then read off the standard response. She then said, in that sort of "off the record" way, that fiance visas are definitely processed faster because they are time limited and told me to try back in a couple days :)

8 hours ago, TDT06 said:

I have a quick question... I have finished compiling all my information for my proof of income - with my I-134, meaning letter from my bank and letter from my employer with the rest of the stuff. Should I send the info. down to my fiance or should I wait and get another letter from my bank closer to my NVC number? My NOA2 date is May the 10th. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.. Gracias

I've seen no information that suggest that there is "best by" date for bank letters. I think you should be able to move forward at this time with your current crop of documents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Went to the website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==just to see what it said for my case so I would know when it changed. There was then a link to the https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html and it mentions paying fees. Now that I have my case # and invoice number should I pay any fees now?

07/14/18 : WEDDiNG :wub:

9/12/18 - AOS & EAD application sent

9/14/18 - Receipt of AOS & EAD

9/21/18 - Notice of Biometric appt rec'd

10/11/18 - Biometrics appt.

1/23/19 - Notice of interview date rec'd

2/27/19 - Interview date & verbal approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ElieSon said:

Went to the website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==just to see what it said for my case so I would know when it changed. There was then a link to the https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html and it mentions paying fees. Now that I have my case # and invoice number should I pay any fees now?

Does the website have your case as ready?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
7 minutes ago, DK AND MK said:

Does the website have your case as ready?

no..only "At NVC"

07/14/18 : WEDDiNG :wub:

9/12/18 - AOS & EAD application sent

9/14/18 - Receipt of AOS & EAD

9/21/18 - Notice of Biometric appt rec'd

10/11/18 - Biometrics appt.

1/23/19 - Notice of interview date rec'd

2/27/19 - Interview date & verbal approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.