TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

2,306 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, x_driven_x said:

That makes sense, and you'll probably be fine.

I had originally sent my lawyer the copy the court gave me of my divorce decree on the day of the divorce, but my lawyer caught the fact that that version wasn't signed. I had to get a new, ceritified copy with a signature and a special stamp on it from the county court and all should be good now.

Don't worry!  A lot of RFEs these days are taking right at 2 weeks or so to finished up, give it a couple more weeks max I'd assume and you'll have your answer RFEs are good, because it basically means as long as you answer the question well enough you'll get your approval!

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I as well deep inside believe that the information that I gave was substantial and that's exactly what I did the first time was give them the copy I was given after the Divorce. This new copy, has a fancy stamp along with the stamp showing that it was electronically filed by the judge. 

I'm hoping I can hear within the next 2 weeks! My status changed to Received RFE Response last Monday so I feel as if it could be any day now but don't want to get my hopes up. I am a bit relieved that they at least touched our case though! 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Hi, 

So I have been following these threads for a while but haven't posted before. I filed October 25 2017 and last week my fiance and I received an RFE (this whole process is super stressful and I'm definitely ready for it to be over).  I'm posting because I'm just trying to figure out what I'm missing or what because the RFE is saying that we didn't provide proof of meeting in the last 2 years? But i included 15 plane tickets all with dates falling in the 2 years prior to filing. Lots of pictures that include us together at various holidays  where he lives, facebook comments, posts and instagram posts showing us together. The only thing I'm not sure of is all the plane tickets and whatnot are all in my name so obviously it doesn't show us flying together, but it's me flying from my city to his. So if that is the documentation I submitted originally, what am I supposed to include for my RFE? Honestly I'm super stressed and worried because I feel like I've submitted everything I have for proof and have nothing left to show us 'in the same place at the same time' short of what I've already submitted. Does anyone have an advice? What did you guys submit that seemed to be sufficient? This whole process is really making me anxious and I want to get this RFE submitted as soon as possible, thank you :)

Melanie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, MelanieP said:

Hi, 

So I have been following these threads for a while but haven't posted before. I filed October 25 2017 and last week my fiance and I received an RFE (this whole process is super stressful and I'm definitely ready for it to be over).  I'm posting because I'm just trying to figure out what I'm missing or what because the RFE is saying that we didn't provide proof of meeting in the last 2 years? But i included 15 plane tickets all with dates falling in the 2 years prior to filing. Lots of pictures that include us together at various holidays  where he lives, facebook comments, posts and instagram posts showing us together. The only thing I'm not sure of is all the plane tickets and whatnot are all in my name so obviously it doesn't show us flying together, but it's me flying from my city to his. So if that is the documentation I submitted originally, what am I supposed to include for my RFE? Honestly I'm super stressed and worried because I feel like I've submitted everything I have for proof and have nothing left to show us 'in the same place at the same time' short of what I've already submitted. Does anyone have an advice? What did you guys submit that seemed to be sufficient? This whole process is really making me anxious and I want to get this RFE submitted as soon as possible, thank you :)

Melanie

Send in copies of your passport that show the stamps of you entering his country during those dates.  And by plane tickets do you mean the actual boarding pass stubs, or just the receipts / what you got in email - because actually boarding passes work better. The copy of your passport with stamps should do the trick, assuming you met him in his country.  To be on the safe side, I'd personally take a photocopy of every single page in the passport, blank ones too, but some people will say that's overkill. I say for the extra few dollars / minutes it takes it's better to be safer. 

Plane tickets dont show you were admitted to the country or that you met your person there either. Photos don't prove timeframe. Passport stamps show you were there, in that country, on those dates. 

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Just now, x_driven_x said:

Send in copies of your passport that show the stamps of you entering his country during those dates.  And by plane tickets do you mean the actual boarding pass stubs, or just the receipts / what you got in email - because actually boarding passes work better. The copy of your passport with stamps should do the trick, assuming you met him in his country.  To be on the safe side, I'd personally take a photocopy of every single page in the passport, blank ones too, but some people will say that's overkill. I say for the extra few dollars / minutes it takes it's better to be safer. 

Plane tickets dont show you were admitted to the country or that you met your person there either. Photos don't prove timeframe. Passport stamps show you were there, in that country, on those dates. 

The problem is I am from Canada and they don't stamp our passports when we cross the border, so my passport doesn't show anything like that. And as for flight information all I have are the flight conformations and check-in notices, I always had a hardcopy of my boarding pass and I threw them out not thinking :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, MelanieP said:

The problem is I am from Canada and they don't stamp our passports when we cross the border, so my passport doesn't show anything like that. And as for flight information all I have are the flight conformations and check-in notices, I always had a hardcopy of my boarding pass and I threw them out not thinking :(

Flight confirmation and check in notices don't even prove you got on the plane... ah and no passport stamps is going to be tough. I wonder if the airline can send you something that states you had checked in and were on the plane?

Can you show any credit card statements that show you purchased items in his city in the timeframes you previously said you visited?  Do you have any photos that have things in the background that would be able to show location and date somehow?  Photos with family members who can write and sign an affadavit on the dates and times they were with both of you together?

Edited by x_driven_x

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

3 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

Flight confirmation and check in notices don't even prove you got on the plane... ah and no passport stamps is going to be tough. I wonder if the airline can send you something that states you had checked in and were on the plane?

Can you show any credit card statements that show you purchased items in his city in the timeframes you previously said you visited?  Do you have any photos that have things in the background that would be able to show location and date somehow?  Photos with family members who can write and sign an affadavit on the dates and times they were with both of you together?

I know :( That's why I am really struggling to find what I can submit :( 
I might be able to find a credit card statement that shows something (although I don't usually buy anything when I'm there, or I use my american debit which shows no info). A lot of our photos are from Disney World (because he lives in Orlando, and we met while both working there) so they clearly show a place, and many of them show like 'seasons' based off of the holiday decorations up if that makes sense? But technically no 'year' associated. I do have photos with family members, so an affadavit would be a good idea, I didn't even think of that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, MelanieP said:

I know :( That's why I am really struggling to find what I can submit :( 
I might be able to find a credit card statement that shows something (although I don't usually buy anything when I'm there, or I use my american debit which shows no info). A lot of our photos are from Disney World (because he lives in Orlando, and we met while both working there) so they clearly show a place, and many of them show like 'seasons' based off of the holiday decorations up if that makes sense? But technically no 'year' associated. I do have photos with family members, so an affadavit would be a good idea, I didn't even think of that!

You can request a copy of your I-94 arrival/departure record from the DHS website here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/, to prove that you were in the U.S. for x number of days on which dates.

01/30/2018: I-129f sent

02/02/2018: I-129f received

02/07/2018: NOA1

02/17/2018: NOA1 Hardcopy

08/07/2018: NOA2

08/10/2018: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/24/2018: NVC case number assigned

08/29/2018: NVC sent

09/12/2018: KL embassy Packet 3 received

09/27/2018: Medical

10/18/2018: Interview - Approved!

10/2X/2018: Visa on hand

11/29/2018: Point of Entry!

12/14/2018: WEDDING!

01/09/2019: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed

01/19/2019: NOA1 received

02/01/2019: RFIE received

02/07/2019: Biometrics appointment

02/11/2019: RFIE response mailed

08/08/2019: EAD/AP approved

08/14/2019: AOS Interview & Combo card arrived in mail

08/21/2019: Green Card arrived in mail

1 hour ago, x_driven_x said:

Why not use the government website which shows you dates you came. I believe it was that i94 website.would that work? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

5/17/2018 full day scan

Unfortunately, little movement today. Sorry for those still waiting...

***OVERALL***  
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received 19
Case Was Approved 9
Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 2
Name Was Updated 1
Case Was Reopened 1
Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration 1
Document Was Mailed 1
Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction 1
GRAND TOTAL 35

***APPROVED CASES***      
Previous Status Current Status Previous Update Last Update
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received Case Was Approved 05/01/2018 5/17/2018
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received Case Was Approved 05/03/2018 5/17/2018
Case Was Received Case Was Approved 10/11/2017 5/17/2018
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received Case Was Approved 05/04/2018 5/17/2018
Date of Birth Was Updated Case Was Approved 10/31/2017 5/17/2018
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received Case Was Approved 05/07/2018 5/17/2018
Case Was Received Case Was Approved 10/30/2017 5/17/2018
Case Was Received Case Was Approved 10/30/2017 5/17/2018
Name Was Updated Case Was Approved 11/25/2017 5/17/2018

***RFE CASES***      
Previous Status Current Status Previous Update Last Update
Case Was Received Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 10/11/2017 5/17/2018
Case Was Received Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 10/11/2017 5/17/2018

***REMAINING VIRGIN CASES***  
10/02/2017 81
10/03/2017 47
10/04/2017 22
10/05/2017 58
10/06/2017 64
10/10/2017 117
10/11/2017 81
10/12/2017 35
10/13/2017 59
10/16/2017 133
10/17/2017 63
10/18/2017 25
10/19/2017 56
10/20/2017 47
10/23/2017 172
10/24/2017 72
10/25/2017 59
10/26/2017 54
10/27/2017 50
10/30/2017 176
10/31/2017 103
GRAND TOTAL 1574

image.png.c4199d6d390e32997226c1bac29f30c5.png

7 hours ago, Hemzi said:

Hey, your partner is the one getting the ACRO right? Copies of these documents are only required if someone is applying for the ACRO on behalf of your partner. 

So if he's filling the application in himself, he won't need it, just the other documents stated on the list.

Thanks for letting me know 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! On May 11, we were notified that we will be receiving an RFE. We were absolutely sure that it will be about the Multiple Filer Waiver Request Information as we have a photocopy of the sent Form-I-128F. However, today (May 17) we have received the RFE letter and it asks about Criminal Information that we are a 100% sure was answered.

Now our question is should we also include our answer to the Multiple Filer Waiver Request question or should we just answer those stated on the RFE about the Criminal Information questions?

Just in case you're wondering, neither one of us had any criminal record or did we file another waiver.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!💕

Edited by PME & MCGA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Happy Friday - Today we are on our 210 day.  Case before us was approved month ago not to mention the approvals on November... Just can't understand how unfair this situation is (and yes good luck to those who have waited longer - not sure how you are holding up). :clock:

1 hour ago, Katri said:

Happy Friday - Today we are on our 210 day.  Case before us was approved month ago not to mention the approvals on November... Just can't understand how unfair this situation is (and yes good luck to those who have waited longer - not sure how you are holding up). :clock:

SAME boat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.