EmmaFlamingo

RFE is taking forever to get approved. So annoyed.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

On March 19th, they sent us a request for additional evidence. I had it sent around April 6th, but have yet to hear anything back 16 days later. I heard it takes two weeks to get word back if it got accepted or not, and my own timeline says it would be adjudicated between 4/16 to 4/20. 

Is it possible that the evidence I sent never made its way to its location, the California Service Center?

Is such a wait normal?

Am I just overreacting from the stress of the whole process?

Thanks. 

Timeline

Sorry for the double post but you can't edit topics for some reason.

I mailed the RFE, but I checked the case status online and it says "request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed" not received. Is this normal too? Should it say it was received or something?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, EmmaFlamingo said:

I mailed the RFE, but I checked the case status online and it says "request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed" not received. Is this normal too? Should it say it was received or something?

Are you even sure they received it? It is possible it didn’t make it there. It happened before. You can try to call and check but they may not help at all. Try getting a tier 2.

Yes it usually updates to received. Sometimes it doesn’t update and directly changes to approval.

on another note 16 days is not considered taking forever for rfe to get approved..... after they receive it, it usually takes 1-3 weeks to approval however the limit uscis gives is 60 days for this (although there are people waiting longer than that)

Edited by Naes

2 weeks is far too little time for any kind of response.  Relax!

Did you send the RFE in a way you could track it?

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, EmmaFlamingo said:

Hope you paid for tracking to see if they receive it. I had a RFE and after they received it the online status changed, then it took 11 months for any action after.  You CAN call them.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, bad4tatt said:

Hope you paid for tracking to see if they receive it. I had a RFE and after they received it the online status changed, then it took 11 months for any action after.  You CAN call them.

This is a k1 rfe. 11 months is not realistic for a k1 wait for action after rfe.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

our RFE was for CR1 not K1

but to give you little feedback / sorry if not much help

but we had the big 4 page (small print RFE)

weighed 25 pounds when went in to CSC

my lawyer at that time said it would take months for them to read thru it all

2 days after mailing it (overnight) the packet was sent to NVC

no one could have reviewed it at all / i think sometimes they need additional info as a document is missing and also paper work gets lost

and sometimes it is to test the relationship to see if the people are serious enough to go thru with all the additional work

we were serious

married over 8 years now

good luck

but most letters you will get in regard to government reviews can say 30 days ,  60 days or 60 business days

all this, of course, is dependent of the number of applications at that office 

it sxxxxks and it gets heartbreaking and the wait seems long

patience is needed to go the rounds with immigration

just remember to keep copies of everything you send to them

and label each and every page with your case number,  both names and both DOB's as documents need to go to the right desk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
25 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

our RFE was for CR1 not K1

but to give you little feedback / sorry if not much help

but we had the big 4 page (small print RFE)

weighed 25 pounds when went in to CSC

my lawyer at that time said it would take months for them to read thru it all

2 days after mailing it (overnight) the packet was sent to NVC

no one could have reviewed it at all / i think sometimes they need additional info as a document is missing and also paper work gets lost

and sometimes it is to test the relationship to see if the people are serious enough to go thru with all the additional work

we were serious

married over 8 years now

good luck

but most letters you will get in regard to government reviews can say 30 days ,  60 days or 60 business days

all this, of course, is dependent of the number of applications at that office 

it sxxxxks and it gets heartbreaking and the wait seems long

patience is needed to go the rounds with immigration

just remember to keep copies of everything you send to them

and label each and every page with your case number,  both names and both DOB's as documents need to go to the right desk

Not to sound crass, but your response has nothing to do with what the folks here are going through right now so it'd be nice if we can keep it on-topic. Saying 11 months to process a RFE to a bunch of people who are already really missing their loved ones and you are not even talking about a K1 RFE is dumb. This sub is called "K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports" so it was completely unnecessary of you to type anything at all since it doesn't apply to anyone here. 

Edited by zamardii12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
16 hours ago, EmmaFlamingo said:

Feeling your pain. They received my rfe on March 19th. Still havent heard anything, and I filed August 3rd. I was going to wait til they gave us the green light on the app before I made my trip to Korea. But I said screw it, Im not waiting anymore lol. Its been a year since Ive been with her. Time to make my trip May 3rd. I'll deal with the government when I get back.

Sixteen days is well within the expected timeframes to hear anything back after sending an RFE response. They try to adjudicate within 60 days of the response being received, and many take much less time, but that's just a goal. The reason for the RFE and the evidence provided in response will likely be the biggest factors in how long it takes to hear back.

Usually the online tracker updates to show that they received the response, but not always. And yes, please check the other tracker another user posted above. It's annoying to create and login to the account, but the status updates there do seem to be more current than the main tracker that only uses the receipt number w/o a login.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

You have to be a bit more patient. When we sent our I129 RFE response, we never got a notice that it was received. We got our NOA2 6 weeks after we sent in our RFE response. 

Timeline
On 4/22/2018 at 10:07 AM, little immigrant said:

Have you checked your case on https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov? What does it say? 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! They said it was approved from that site! Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.