LisaRee

Toxic Responses To Non-Immigrant Posts

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

I have filled out every single document for 11 years for my wife and that is not what I am talking about.  The OP in that thread not only asked about studying but also asked about the relative living in the US for the entire duration of the study period, and living at a private home not on campus. 

The responses were not toxic, they were practical. 

Nothing in that post implied following the rules applicable for a student visa.

The visa application process, which all of us try to be helpful on, is the last step for a student.  The first step is application to and acceptance by a school.  A vague plan to live full-time in the US while "studying" raises flags all over the place.

The OP ASKED ABOUT STUDYING? LOL sir.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 minute ago, LisaRee said:

''Help''

Alright sir. Thank you for your ''help''.

Always glad to help.  Thank you for the unwarranted feedback and sorry if you can't handle accurate and frank responses to absurd plans to get relatives over to the US.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LisaRee said:

The OP ASKED ABOUT STUDYING? LOL sir.

The OP asked about a path for a foreign sister-in-law to live 4 continuous years in the US with them while studying.  That's the LOL in this whole story. 

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nitas_man said:

Always glad to help.  Thank you for the unwarranted feedback and sorry if you can't handle accurate and frank responses to absurd plans to get relatives over to the US.

See, you're very rude. I dont suffer people like you gladly. You replied to MY POST. I didnt send this to your DM so my response to your response cannot be UNWARRANTED.

My post is about EVERY non-immigrant post and the toxicity they generate on this site. That you have concluded that i have '' absurd plans to get relatives over to the US is indeed foolish.''

If you get off being rude to people on this site, welcome. You will not pass that over with me. If you do not want anymore ''unwarranted'' replies, LEAVE OFF.

4 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

The OP asked about a path for a sister-in-law to live 4 continuous years in the US while studying.  That's the LOL in this whole story. 

WHICH OP?!

Whose POST? Did you miss your way?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, LisaRee said:

See, you're very rude. I dont suffer people like you gladly. You replied to MY POST. I didnt send this to your DM so my response to your response cannot be UNWARRANTED.

My post is about EVERY non-immigrant post and the toxicity they generate on this site. That you have concluded that i have '' absurd plans to get relatives over to the US is indeed foolish.''

If you get off being rude to people on this site, welcome. You will not pass that over with me. If you do not want anymore ''unwarranted'' replies, LEAVE OFF.

WHICH OP?!

Whose POST? Did you miss your way?

I am referring to the thread I am assuming you are whining about.  At least one of the comments you referenced were in that thread. 

It is your complaining about that thread that is unwarranted. 

You are incorrect in that "every" non-immigrant post generates toxicity.  The one you are complaining about generated well-deserved feedback.

I predate you by a decade.  I'm not going anywhere.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Site Related Discussion, from Tourist Visas- As the OP is not asking about a Tourist visa, but has concerned about the site in general.~~ 

Please use the Report button that is located to the top right of every post if there is a problem with a post. This allows Moderation to investigate, without reports we may not see the post/thread. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

I have filled out every single document for 11 years for my wife and that is not what I am talking about.  The OP in that thread not only asked about studying but also asked about the relative living in the US for the entire duration of the study period, and living at a private home not on campus. 

The responses were not toxic, they were practical. 

Nothing in that post implied following the rules applicable for a student visa.

The visa application process, which all of us try to be helpful on, is the last step for a student.  The first step is application to and acceptance by a school.  A vague plan to live full-time in the US while "studying" raises flags all over the place.

You’re making up student visa rules that don’t exist. An F-1 visa holder can stay in the U.S. for their duration of stay for years though not indefinitely provided they’re lawfully maintaining F-1 status by being a full time student, making satisfactory academic degree progress, transfer from 1 school to the another when necessary according to SEVIS rules and not engage in unauthorized employment. It does t matter who filled out your form, if you live cheap with friends relatives or not. I was an F-1 student for years and lived exclusively off campus from day 1. The fact that someone asks a question about a relative living in the U.S. doesn’t necessarily mean they’re trying to circumvent Immigration rules. People can ask questions for various reasons. The fact the OP was asking about a long time relative and possibly staying with him or her off campus doesn’t necessarily imply she’s trying to stay in the U.S. indefinitely using an F-1 visa. You haven’t talked or her personally so how did you deduce this assumption from a stranger online?

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

You’re making up student visa rules that don’t exist. An F-1 visa holder can stay in the U.S. for their duration of stay for years though not indefinitely provided they’re lawfully maintaining F-1 status by being a full time student, making satisfactory academic degree progress, transfer from 1 school to the another when necessary according to SEVIS rules and not engage in unauthorized employment. It does t matter who filled out your form, if you live cheap with friends relatives or not. I was an F-1 student for years and lived exclusively off campus from day 1. The fact that someone asks a question about a relative living in the U.S. doesn’t necessarily mean they’re trying to circumvent Immigration rules. People can ask questions for various reasons. The fact the OP was asking about a long time relative and possibly staying with him or her off campus doesn’t necessarily imply she’s trying to stay in the U.S. indefinitely using an F-1 visa. You haven’t talked or her personally so how did you deduce this assumption from a stranger online?

It's an online forum, everyone is a stranger. 

Feedback can only be given based on question presented and experience. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

I am referring to the thread I am assuming you are whining about.  At least one of the comments you referenced were in that thread. 

It is your complaining about that thread that is unwarranted. 

You are incorrect in that "every" non-immigrant post generates toxicity.  The one you are complaining about generated well-deserved feedback.

I predate you by a decade.  I'm not going anywhere.

''....the thread i am assuming you are whining about.''

EXACTLY MY POINT.

Do better.

Goodbye.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Moved to Site Related Discussion, from Tourist Visas- As the OP is not asking about a Tourist visa, but has concerned about the site in general.~~ 

Please use the Report button that is located to the top right of every post if there is a problem with a post. This allows Moderation to investigate, without reports we may not see the post/thread. 

Thank you Ontarkie. Appreciated.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

Strange thing about this tangent is, i am the OP and i never said anything about what he has ASSUMED i said. Amazing.

Timeline

I was not referring to your thread I was referring to the thread about the student visa.

Your thread?  Received normal reaponses and good answers.  If this is about your thread then this topic falls under either baiting or trolling.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

NIV's are pretty simple.

Seems odd that we get the same questions time after time when a quick review would find similar posts and answers.

Seems odder that somebody wanting to undertake higher education seems incapable of doing basic research.

Perhaps inevitable that those who post are not representative of those applying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”