Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Starkilla09

  • Rank
    Platinum Member
  • Member # 193970
  • Location Seattle, WA, USA

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Phoenix AZ Lockbox
  • Local Office
    Seattle WA
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

6,391 profile views
  1. The main advantages are the right to vote, have extended stay out of U.S. as long as you wish, serve in a jury, run for public office, work for the federal government, protection from deportation, ability to petition for your parents, siblings and married adult children, carry U.S. passport and enjoy visa free travel to 184 countries. The main disadvantage is reporting requirement on your worldwide income even outside the U.S. (same reporting requirement also applies to lawful permanent residents though) and the second is loss of former citizenship if your country doesn’t recognize dual citizenship like Japan and India. I lost my Cameroonian citizenship once I got naturalized as a U.S. citizen because my country doesn’t support dual nationality. I made the choice though for all the aforementioned reasons especially the visa free convenience. I do a lot of vacation abroad and was sick of spending money on visa application fees with my former weak passport. I now apply for visas to visit home and can only stay temporarily but well I can live with that anyway. Besides I no longer feel left out from my American spouse and kid. Now as for your eligibility you can apply as early as 90 days prior to your 3rd anniversary of being a lawful permanent resident.
  2. Your best option in this case will be to apply for a K-1 fiancé/fiancée visa. A K-1 visa requires both parties to have met at-least once in person within the last 2 years prior to applying, be legally free to marry and also be unmarried as well. If you guys marry you will not be eligible for a K-1 visa anymore and will have to do a spousal visa instead which will take roughly 12 to 14 months to complete. You’ll need to wait overseas until you get your K-1 visa before moving to the U.S. Just so you also know USCIS is dangerously backlogged now nationwide with all immigration petitions experiencing delays, so you’ll also need a big dose of patience. Immigrating to the U.S. has never been a quick process so you’ll need to bear that in mind. Again you can’t use a visit visa to come get married in the U.S. that’s why there’s a K-1 visa which will allow you to come get married and adjust your status here to lawful permanent residency. No consular officer will issue you a visa for that reason. You can also immigrate with your daughter as a K-2 dependent.
  3. It looks like a glitch but if I were you I’ll schedule an infopass as soon as possible to go there in person and clear this up just to make sure there’s no misunderstanding. USCIS has been notorious for screwing people like this so don’t take any chances. Alternatively you can still schedule while waiting for your oath ceremony letter, and once you get it then you’re certified that this was all a fluke but still call to make sure by then.
  4. You can apply for an expedited passport that you can get within 24hrs to 7 days depending on when you plan to travel internationally by paying a $60 expedite fee. You must have some proof of travel out of the country within 2 weeks to use this expedite service at a passport agency. A flight or hotel reservation will work just fine in this case. I used the Seattle passport agency for mine since I had to travel to Canada 9 days after oath ceremony. My passport was ready to be picked up in 4 days after application. If you have no travel plans and proof of such travel, you can't use a passport agency though you can still pay your $60 expedite fee and you'll get your passport in about a week to 2 weeks.
  5. Don’t lose sweat about it they don’t always go hand in hand. I also had some irregularities in status changes on both egov and my USCIS online account. Keep an eye when the notice reflects in your online account one of these days. A hard copy will also be mailed to you as well within the next few days.
  6. Yay Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! Your oath ceremony notice will reflect within 24 to 48hrs. Mine took roughly 2 to 3 days to finally appear at my USCIS.gov account online. I’m glad you’re out of this nightmare finally.
  7. No, you need to use either a U.S. passport, passport card, enhanced driver license or trusted travelled document such as nexus card.
  • Create New...