APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, CMH678 said:

May I ask what your RFE was for?

Thnak You and Best Wishes,

Chris

Yes. They only ask more information about the website where we met, Skout. We sent a letter and the Terms of Services (TOS) and done. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

This will be my 2nd going time to HCMC. HCMC is nice in a sense. I have only driven cars and told her there was no way in hell I was gonna practice riding a motorbike for her and risk getting injured haha. This time around I told her I may attempt to ride one since we plan on spending some time out in the countryside with her family for an engagement party. How about yourself?

One of my favorite things about HCMC is riding motorbikes in the city,  it is actually very safe in my opinion because the speed is so slow,  and truly it is like a game of Tetris,  you know the old game boy game where you have to organize the blocks before they land, so don’t be afraid of riding in HCMC, if you are nervous about riding I wouldn’t travel much on the highway because there are so many buses and big trucks, I rode all over the city and on the highway and only bumped and rubbed a few other motorbikes nothing major.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

This will be my 2nd going time to HCMC. HCMC is nice in a sense. I have only driven cars and told her there was no way in hell I was gonna practice riding a motorbike for her and risk getting injured haha. This time around I told her I may attempt to ride one since we plan on spending some time out in the countryside with her family for an engagement party. How about yourself?

She knows how to ride a motorbike just ride pillon for a while and observe how the traffic moves and you will get a feel for it.  I would ride just for fun, I find it fascinating because it is basically spontaneous order and it truly is amazing to see how smoothly the Vietnamese can negotiate a traffic jam

Edited by Lucas&Thao

Timeline
8 hours ago, brener69 said:

Haven't been to HCMC. My fiancee is from Hai Phong and I was there for about 10 days back in May. This will be her first trip to HCMC as well. I am only there for 3 days. We are going to take a dinner cruise on Friday night then just kinda hang out together on Saturday. Not really wanting to try and cram a lot of stuff into a really short visit. 

I just looked Hai Phong is way up north,  you two will have a great time in HCMC I really enjoyed my time there,  I have been 3 times for a total of over 7 weeks this year, and I had a motorbike the entire time for easy travel around the city and rode as far as Phan Thiet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

190 days and counting! There are no advances in the applications, nothing in the old or new site, no information in phone calls, no letters! Where are you approval ???????? Walking to my 200+ days VIP card 🤪😵🤷‍♀️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lucas&Thao said:

She knows how to ride a motorbike just ride pillon for a while and observe how the traffic moves and you will get a feel for it.  I would ride just for fun, I find it fascinating because it is basically spontaneous order and it truly is amazing to see how smoothly the Vietnamese can negotiate a traffic jam

Hahaha, she worries so much she almost had us involved in an accident because a guy ran a light and she freaked out and hit her brakes and the guy stopped in enough time to where his tire rubbed my shoes. Told her that is why I will not ride wearing sandals. lol When we flew over to Da Nang for a week or so she had me practice riding motorbike on a not so busy road along the beach heading towards a pretty cool looking Temple that overlooked the beach and man o man. I could barely drive a straight line. lol I do find it very fascinating though how their traffic works though compared to here in the states... -_-

Timeline
53 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

Hahaha, she worries so much she almost had us involved in an accident because a guy ran a light and she freaked out and hit her brakes and the guy stopped in enough time to where his tire rubbed my shoes. Told her that is why I will not ride wearing sandals. lol When we flew over to Da Nang for a week or so she had me practice riding motorbike on a not so busy road along the beach heading towards a pretty cool looking Temple that overlooked the beach and man o man. I could barely drive a straight line. lol I do find it very fascinating though how their traffic works though compared to here in the states... -_-

First time visiting Vietnam I saw the motorbikes zipping every which way even on the side walks and tiny infants and little kids in mom or dads lap...I was surprised about that. I would stay off the highways with the motorbike. When we went to Hanoi, a truck sideswiped our tour bus...can only imagine what would have happened if was a motorbike.

My fiancé took me around on her motorbike and was a lot of fun especially driving at night. We rented a motorbike in Ha Long Bay and that was actually scary because a lot of big trucks there and they expect you to watch out, not them. But as he was saying, in HCMC the traffic is slow if not mostly a jam. There is the lane for motorbikes and lane for cars. Be careful of the police that may stop you in hopes you don’t have a Vietnamese motorbike license. If that happens, be cool about it because odds are they don’t want to do any paperwork and just pay the fine right

there and you’ll be on your merry way.

Timeline
1 hour ago, WillieT1986 said:

Married to a Vietnamese woman you will be visiting Vietnam plenty during your lifetime and if you don’t ever ride a motorbike when you visit I think you are truly limiting your experience when you go so get on a motorbike,  another thing about HCMC driving is it does seem chaotic but you can trust the Vietnamese motorbike drivers with your life, they are very very careful drivers because they have to be, just don’t make any sudden moves when you ride,  it’s only the busses and trucks you need to worry about and in HCMC that’s not much of an issue 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lucas&Thao said:

Married to a Vietnamese woman you will be visiting Vietnam plenty during your lifetime and if you don’t ever ride a motorbike when you visit I think you are truly limiting your experience when you go so get on a motorbike,  another thing about HCMC driving is it does seem chaotic but you can trust the Vietnamese motorbike drivers with your life, they are very very careful drivers because they have to be, just don’t make any sudden moves when you ride,  it’s only the busses and trucks you need to worry about and in HCMC that’s not much of an issue 

I agree

also when I go back to Vietnam, I’ve already made arrangements to take the test written and driving for the motorbike license. It will be good for forever if you do the written part and no need to understand Tieng Viet...you can find someone to help take that part. Will cost about 3.000.000 dong but worth it IMO

Also, the nicer the motorbike the foreigner drives, the odds higher police will stop you because if you don’t pay the fine on the spot, they will take the motorbike

Lucky for me my fiancé’s motorbike is very old and not worth anything haha....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
17 hours ago, Alex&Vivi said:

It is terrible that the cases of the end of April have no progress. 😭

I'm here with 210 Days with nothing 😭

Timeline
1 hour ago, dicon7 said:

I'm here with 210 Days with nothing 😭

It`s Terrible! 😢 

all that remains is to wait and have faith in each day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, CMH678 said:

Hello Everyone,

Our case was approved today (between 7:00am and 8:00am, PST). No email or text alert.  I logged on to the

old site and found out.

Our dates are :

Receipt date : March 29, 2018

NOA1 : April 3, 2018

RFE : October 15, 2018

RFE Letter Arrived : October 19, 2018

Mailed Requested Evidence : October 20, 2018

Evidence Received at USCIS : October 22, 2018

Case Approved : November 2, 2018

Thank You and Best Wishes,

Chris

Ohhhh Congratulations. Only took 11 days USCIS to take a decision after the RFE. I hope our approval soon after our RFE it was recieved Oct, 31... Well, go the next thread.Success!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Finally we hear word! got a notice on the apps and old site only RFE has been sent today.

NOA-04-26-18

FRE-11-02-18

Hope it comes quickly so I can overnight what is needed to get this ball rolling!

Good luck my other April Filers and hope you hear back soon!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Collin & Kaue said:

Finally we hear word! got a notice on the apps and old site only RFE has been sent today.

NOA-04-26-18

FRE-11-02-18

Hope it comes quickly so I can overnight what is needed to get this ball rolling!

Good luck my other April Filers and hope you hear back soon!

Great, a voice of hope in the midst of this silence. Good luck and let them follow the voices in a strong way for all of us who are still waiting.  ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.