1,707 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tomalley said:

Before you get your GC, your SSN always says you need work authorization. Once you got your GC, you can go to SS office to remove it. 

Great - thanks!! We'll take that to the DMV along with the combo card.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/27/2018 at 3:13 PM, KimAyo said:

I received my approval notice on 08/23 and got card 08/25. I don't know why you haven't received yours. It came as a USPS priority mail which normally takes 2-3 business days and going by the fact that we received the approval notice on the same day, I would think you should have it by now. 

so, did your online case status change from: card being produced to card mailed to you? or just after card being produced came in the mail?

my update of: card being produced was august 24, i still dont have nothing yet. not even an update or something in the mail

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

finally a (real) update! EAD card being produced as of like 15 minutes ago :D

I put today as my "EAD approved" date in my timeline. I hope that's correct and I'm contributing to VJ statistics heh

Edited by Matiela
added info at bottom

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, JoAndLo said:

so, did your online case status change from: card being produced to card mailed to you? or just after card being produced came in the mail?

my update of: card being produced was august 24, i still dont have nothing yet. not even an update or something in the mail

I got an update on August 22nd saying the card is being produced, on August 26th I got the approval notice in the mail. Still don't have the card and the status says "card is being produced".

Update for anyone who cares.

I went to my local USCIS today after my expedite request via phone call was taking far too long to process.

Ive been granted an emergency travel permit (Second one this year!!) It was straight forward and easy! I was so worried that I would be denied based on the fact that my uncle isn’t a blood/marital relative and as it is my second emergency permit I didn’t know how they’d view it.

But - it was all good!!

I advise anyone with a family emergency back home to NOT bother with the phone line! Go straight to your local office, request an emergency appointment and if successful - walk out with travel permit in hand there and then!

I still can’t beleive my initial AP and EAD still haven’t been approved!!! This sucks so much. 

Edited by Lsthorpe1

On 8/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, Sarah&Facundo said:

I just checked my USCIS account and it said that they are working on my case at the Louisville Field office location. Does it imply that my case is no longer at  the NBC??

"As of June 26, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxx, at our Louisville Field Office location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

05/24 PD
06/18/18 Bio apt
06/26/18 Fingerprint review was completed
09/27/18 RFE for I-864
11/04/18 Sent response to RFE
11/06/18 RFE response was received
11/07/18 Courtesy letter for I-693
11/19/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interveiw
11/20/18 Interview was scheduled

Hello fellow April filers,

I have a question about the marriage-based AOS interview and likelihood of being approved/rejected. My case says Ready to be Scheduled for the Interview. Does this mean all of our paperwork has passed, and they just need to verify our marriage? As long as our marriage is genuine and we are able to provide proofs that it is, are we good? 

The only complication we had is our financial status. But we have a co-sponsor who filed the form, and we included co-sponsor's tax returns and recent paychecks. So it should be good...

If one to be rejected at the interview, what are the likely reasons? 

Thanks!

Marriage-based AOS from H1B

(Employer filed H1B extension before I filed AOS with spouse)

4/4/2018: AOS package (I-130, I-485, AP & EAD) sent

4/6/2018: at 5:00 arrived at Chicago office

4/15/2018: Sunday at 22:30, received email/text notification

4/19/2018: NOA (I-130, I-485, AP&EAD) arrived in mail

4/20/2018: Biometrics app letter arrived in mail

5/4/2018: Biometrics done 

5/7/2018 (p.m.): I-485 and I-765 Status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/9/2018 (p.m.): I-485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

8/20/2018 (p.m.): I-765 status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" 

8/24/2018: Received combo card in mail

11/13/2018: Online status says "Interview was scheduled"

11/19/2018: Interview notice in mail

12/03/2018: Online status changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" once again, I freaked out

12/18/2018: Attended the interview, approved on spot, status changed to "Card is being produced" within an hour

12/21/2018: "Card was mailed to me"

H1B extension (employer) at the same time as marriage-based AOS

3/23/2018: "Case Was Received"

10/16/2018: Approval letter arrives at the employer's office, online status still not updated 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Diorella said:

to those who recieved their GC already, did you get a 2yr. conditional or a 10 yr. GC? thanks!

It will all be 2 year conditional for anyone in April 2018- adjusting from a K1 because I assume the marriage happened sometime this year
Your GC is based on how Long you have been MARRIED. If married for less than 2 years when you went to GC interview, then you will get a 2 year GC
if not, you get the 10 year one

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, emekus94 said:

It will all be 2 year conditional for anyone in April 2018- adjusting from a K1 because I assume the marriage happened sometime this year
Your GC is based on how Long you have been MARRIED. If married for less than 2 years when you went to GC interview, then you will get a 2 year GC
if not, you get the 10 year one

thanks for the reply.. my friend got a 10yr. GC. she was married 1 yr. 1 month when they had their interview. but they have a baby already when they had their interview. so maybe it depends on cases also.

1 hour ago, Diorella said:

thanks for the reply.. my friend got a 10yr. GC. she was married 1 yr. 1 month when they had their interview. but they have a baby already when they had their interview. so maybe it depends on cases also.

A baby has nothing to do with it. If she was only married for one year and received a 10 year green card, then that is a huge problem. She received the wrong one and should have contacted the USCIS to get the right one. You need to be married for two years or more to get the ten year green card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, Diorella said:

7 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

A baby has nothing to do with it. If she was only married for one year and received a 10 year green card, then that is a huge problem. She received the wrong one and should have contacted the USCIS to get the right one. You need to be married for two years or more to get the ten year green card.

Agreed. There are some exceptions (domestic abuse etc), but assuming they don't apply, she seems to have been issued the wrong GC and needs to correct this with USCIS. Their own records will probably reflect a 2-year conditional immigration status, so enforcement action could be taken against her if she doesn't apply to remove conditions within the window. The card may say 10 years, but there's no guarantee that her immigration file says the same thing. She probably received a bunch of documentation alongside the GC instructing her to renew after two years of marriage, too, so I don't even know how much of a defense the incorrect expiry date would provide her.

Please tell her to read this article on this very subject: https://www.njimmigrationattorney.com/blog/2018/05/immigration-issues-10-year-green-card-by-mistake-error-on-green-card.shtml

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Diorella said:

There's no "Depends" on it
That's clearly an error and she should get that cleaned up lest she has issues with the rest of her immigration journey.

I know many people do a "court marriage" and then a traditional wedding afterwards and that always causes confusion. USCIS goes by Whatever the "official" marriage date she used to file
So if the certificate shows she's been married less than 2 years, there is an ERROR.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Diorella said:

There is definitely a chance it is an error though, @George & John posted a good article above. Only minor change, do not contact that lawyer but DO CONTACT USCIS!

That would really suck, your friend getting in trouble in a few years because the USCIS made an administrative mistake. 

My wife and I were married in March 2018, our son was born in Feb 2015 and our second child will be born in Feb/Mar 2019. I guess I will find out for myself soon enough whether having kids impacts anything, I have never heard it will and I assume it will not. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, Lsthorpe1 said:

Update for anyone who cares.

I went to my local USCIS today after my expedite request via phone call was taking far too long to process.

Ive been granted an emergency travel permit (Second one this year!!) It was straight forward and easy! I was so worried that I would be denied based on the fact that my uncle isn’t a blood/marital relative and as it is my second emergency permit I didn’t know how they’d view it.

But - it was all good!!

I advise anyone with a family emergency back home to NOT bother with the phone line! Go straight to your local office, request an emergency appointment and if successful - walk out with travel permit in hand there and then!

I still can’t beleive my initial AP and EAD still haven’t been approved!!! This sucks so much. 

Good to know thanks! And sorry you had two family emergencies.  Did you have to provide evidence of the reason you needed to leave?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.