1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, QED said:

At least they have done something on your case. My PD is April 9. All my case status updates online are still at "case was received." All of them. That's after 150 days as of today. I'm just not going to bother with them anymore. 

Where are you checking your status? Because the case tracker app says “Case was recieved” but the USCIS DHS website says they reviewed my biometrics. So if you’re just checking the app check the DHS website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Cookie13 said:

FINALLY! After 164 days of waiting i have recieved an RFE for my case (Not exactly what i was hoping for but better than nothing!) Hopefully it will be here in the next couple of days and it’s something simple for me to get sorted and send off.

Also, anyone who recieved an RFE, how long did it take to get your EAD after the RFE was recieved at USCIS.

Edited by Cookie13

2 hours ago, Cookie13 said:

Also, anyone who recieved an RFE, how long did it take to get your EAD after the RFE was recieved at USCIS.

157th day of waiting for EAD. The RFIE was for proof of sufficient income. My wife has it now but last year she was a student full time. So I had to amend it with mine and show proof of cohabitation.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cookie13 said:

Where are you checking your status? Because the case tracker app says “Case was recieved” but the USCIS DHS website says they reviewed my biometrics. So if you’re just checking the app check the DHS website.

They're both saying the same thing. The dhs website doesn't even show the response to my request for I-765 expedition, the other regular one does. They said my "request to have the case expedited, referral number T1DxxxxxxxxxxMSC, was completed." Even at that, I've not heard anything. It's like my case was received and tossed to a corner. I am beginning to wonder if it was a good idea to request the expedition in the first place because folks with PDs close to mine are receiving their EADs now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Phillyfellow said:

My wife’s and child ead +ap was approved today.exactly 139 days since filing. Current status is new card has been ordered

wife is extremely happy, happy life for me !!!!

Congrats!! We are at 135 days waiting. I really hope ours gets approved soon too!!! My husband is going crazy not being ale to work. :( 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

On 9/4/2018 at 11:26 PM, Phillyfellow said:

Any philly aos filers here!! Just checking to see what’s their application status.. from various immigration timelines looks Jan 2018 is done for some no updates from feb 2018 filers... does not seem to match the timelines at uscis.gov any thougts!!!!!!

I saw a couple of people I think who got an interview in Philly like after a few months this year but it was highly unusual. The rest cases that I have seen took about a year so they were couples who applied for AOS in 2017 so this is what I am thinking we will have to wait.

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

My case is FINALLY ready to be "scheduled for an interview" for I-485. So relieved about it but I am in one of the slowest field offices in the country - Minneapolis. Any idea how long the wait is going to be? I am seeing 14 to 26 months on the estimate. Is it really that long (i know it probably is but still want to at least ask the question). Still no news about EAD and this is concerning :(. Priority date for I-765, I-485, I-130 and I-131 is April 2nd. Any one else on this boat?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
9 hours ago, nazgul said:

My case is FINALLY ready to be "scheduled for an interview" for I-485. So relieved about it but I am in one of the slowest field offices in the country - Minneapolis. Any idea how long the wait is going to be? I am seeing 14 to 26 months on the estimate. Is it really that long (i know it probably is but still want to at least ask the question). Still no news about EAD and this is concerning :(. Priority date for I-765, I-485, I-130 and I-131 is April 2nd. Any one else on this boat?

Hello, fellow Minneapolis-ite! I'd suggest taking a look at the MSP office forum, which can be found here.  Yes, it's taking over a year; looks like people from summer 2017 are starting to get their interviews now.  We were March 19th filers and just received EAD approvals last week, so your case isn't taking longer than normal.   

30 minutes ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Hello, fellow Minneapolis-ite! I'd suggest taking a look at the MSP office forum, which can be found here.  Yes, it's taking over a year; looks like people from summer 2017 are starting to get their interviews now.  We were March 19th filers and just received EAD approvals last week, so your case isn't taking longer than normal.   

Oh it's good to know that my case isn't abnormally slow for the EAD. Was starting to think it was. *sigh* Depressing about the interview schedules though. Thanks for your response, @mysticdolphin95.

Hello everyone!

I just wonder if everyone knows there are two places to check status? They are both USCIS but somehow show slightly different contents 😅 

1. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

2. https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

If you are worried about your progress, you could check both sites to see if there's any difference. For my experience, one site says my AP is approved and the other still stays at "name updated". 

Hope this helps! 

9 minutes ago, yujuwithyot said:

Hello everyone!

I just wonder if everyone knows there are two places to check status? They are both USCIS but somehow show slightly different contents 😅 

1. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

2. https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

If you are worried about your progress, you could check both sites to see if there's any difference. For my experience, one site says my AP is approved and the other still stays at "name updated". 

Hope this helps! 

Yeah, I've had different statuses on both. I'm just going with the more positive one.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
41 minutes ago, nazgul said:

Yeah, I've had different statuses on both. I'm just going with the more positive one.

I’ve got the same status on both sites.

By the way, how did you manage to confirm your identity on my.uscis.gov? They ask for A-Number which I have and for the DOS Case ID which I don’t as I am a K1 visa holder. 

Thanks!

02/23/2018 Immigrated to NYC (K1)

03/30/2018 Got married

04/20/2018 AOS package sent I-485 I-131 I-765

04/27/2018 AOS package received (shown on NOA1) - Receipt Date - Day 1

05/01/2018 NOA1 received - Day 4

05/04/2018 NOA2 received (for biometrics appointment) - Day 7

05/24/2018 Biometrics appointment, Brooklyn, NY - Day 27

07/17/2018 Case update: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" I-485 - Day 81

08/31/2018 Address change request successfully submitted online - Day 126 

09/10/2018 EAD & AP approval notice - Day 136 

09/14/2018 EAD & AP card picked up, 1st SMS notification from USCIS - Day 140 

09/18/2018 EAD & AP card, and SSN received - Day 144

07/13/2019 Status changed to “Interview Was Scheduled” (SMS/email) - Day 442

08/07/2019 Called Level 2 USCIS officer, and received the COPY of the Interview Notice with my old address on it by email - Day 467

08/19/2019 I-485 Interview - Day 479

08/20/2019 "New Card Is Being Produced" (SMS/email) - Day 480

08/23/2019 Received Green Card Approval Notice I-797 via USPS regular mail, and Conditional Green Card by USPS Priority Mail - Day 483 - END OF I-485 JOURNEY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 hours ago, nazgul said:

Hi! I’ve got the same situation here. Keep praying for the best to come!

02/23/2018 Immigrated to NYC (K1)

03/30/2018 Got married

04/20/2018 AOS package sent I-485 I-131 I-765

04/27/2018 AOS package received (shown on NOA1) - Receipt Date - Day 1

05/01/2018 NOA1 received - Day 4

05/04/2018 NOA2 received (for biometrics appointment) - Day 7

05/24/2018 Biometrics appointment, Brooklyn, NY - Day 27

07/17/2018 Case update: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" I-485 - Day 81

08/31/2018 Address change request successfully submitted online - Day 126 

09/10/2018 EAD & AP approval notice - Day 136 

09/14/2018 EAD & AP card picked up, 1st SMS notification from USCIS - Day 140 

09/18/2018 EAD & AP card, and SSN received - Day 144

07/13/2019 Status changed to “Interview Was Scheduled” (SMS/email) - Day 442

08/07/2019 Called Level 2 USCIS officer, and received the COPY of the Interview Notice with my old address on it by email - Day 467

08/19/2019 I-485 Interview - Day 479

08/20/2019 "New Card Is Being Produced" (SMS/email) - Day 480

08/23/2019 Received Green Card Approval Notice I-797 via USPS regular mail, and Conditional Green Card by USPS Priority Mail - Day 483 - END OF I-485 JOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.