Meera321

CR1 Visa Refusal (221g) Mumbhai

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Anyone that can help would be amazing!!! My husband went to his interview on March 16th with all the evidence and proof possible. They started off asking him all of the general questions about our marriage. He gave them the story and they questioned why my mother was not at our wedding. He answered accordingly. After the questionnaire was complete, they gave him a white form that ready as follows....

Your immigrant visa application has been refused under section 221 (g) of he Immigration and Nationality Act because your documents are incomplete. The current sponsors income does not meet 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the number of immigrants plus the sponsors family members. .

Then it asked us to provide additional documents (additional sponsors) - FORM I-864 & FORM I-864A ...Joint sponsor + tax returns and supporting documents.

With this, they gave him another sheet of white paper that stated he should also submit evidence of ongoing communication between him and his spouse from before and after the marriage. Pictures of the wedding rituals, and chats/phone logs/etc. He asked the counselor during the interview if he can present those to him at that time, but they said no it was fine, and to submit if with the additional sponsor papers. He has to get all of this together and drop it off at AHMEDABAD VFS box WITH his passport.

My concern is how long this process will take. Is there anyone that can give me any advice or any experiences relating to mine? I can use anything right now. I heard many people say that this is common, but then I also heard people say that once you mess up, they take a very long time. I want to hear that it's not TRUE!! 

SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

At this point you wait now for case to be returned to the US (about 6 months ) 

the reasons for your denial (all reasons) will be listed and you will be given a  NOIR or NOID

NOIR Notice of intent to refuse ( will allow you 30 , 30 business days or 60 days to respond with evidence (and a cosponsor or proof you now make the 125% poverty guidelines needed)

NOID is a notice of intent to deny and to fight that you need to pay the fee and appeal / appeal takes a year or more (going by a member who appealed)

OR

just reapply and fight the issues at a new interview

BTW  you can look for a new job that supports the financial needs

Timeline
5 minutes ago, kris&me said:

At this point you wait now for case to be returned to the US (about 6 months ) 

the reasons for your denial (all reasons) will be listed and you will be given a  NOIR or NOID

NOIR Notice of intent to refuse ( will allow you 30 , 30 business days or 60 days to respond with evidence (and a cosponsor or proof you now make the 125% poverty guidelines needed)

NOID is a notice of intent to deny and to fight that you need to pay the fee and appeal / appeal takes a year or more (going by a member who appealed)

OR

just reapply and fight the issues at a new interview

BTW  you can look for a new job that supports the financial needs

I appreciate your time. The CO had told my husband that he does not need to come back for another interview, but just simply submit the required documents with his passport. I am a full time student and work full time as well but will be having my aunt and uncle help me cosponsor to fix the sponsor income issue. The agent I was working with convinced me that my income would  have been enough to support him alone, in which this case, it was not true. I am getting all those documents ready. The question for me though, was, how long it will take for him to get his visa stamp on his passport, once all required documents are submitted. Thanks again for your time 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, missileman said:

Huh?   They weren't denied..........they just need to submit the documents..

Thank you ma'am for actually understanding the scenario. Its just a matter of some missing documents. I was just unsure of how long those procedures may take. Thanks again:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Meera321 said:

Hello everyone, 

Anyone that can help would be amazing!!! My husband went to his interview on March 16th with all the evidence and proof possible. They started off asking him all of the general questions about our marriage. He gave them the story and they questioned why my mother was not at our wedding. He answered accordingly. After the questionnaire was complete, they gave him a white form that ready as follows....

Your immigrant visa application has been refused under section 221 (g) of he Immigration and Nationality Act because your documents are incomplete. The current sponsors income does not meet 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the number of immigrants plus the sponsors family members. .

Then it asked us to provide additional documents (additional sponsors) - FORM I-864 & FORM I-864A ...Joint sponsor + tax returns and supporting documents.

With this, they gave him another sheet of white paper that stated he should also submit evidence of ongoing communication between him and his spouse from before and after the marriage. Pictures of the wedding rituals, and chats/phone logs/etc. He asked the counselor during the interview if he can present those to him at that time, but they said no it was fine, and to submit if with the additional sponsor papers. He has to get all of this together and drop it off at AHMEDABAD VFS box WITH his passport.

My concern is how long this process will take. Is there anyone that can give me any advice or any experiences relating to mine? I can use anything right now. I heard many people say that this is common, but then I also heard people say that once you mess up, they take a very long time. I want to hear that it's not TRUE!! 

SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

Don't panic!!!   Just send the consulate what they asked for.  This situation happens a lot.  In fact, my wife was given a 221g slip at her interview.  She sent the documents they requested, and a few days later, she had her visa in hand.

Just send them a proper I-864 as they requested.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

Don't panic!!!   Just send the consulate what they asked for.  This situation happens a lot.  In fact, my wife was given a 221g slip at her interview.  She sent the documents they requested, and a few days later, she had her visa in hand.

Just send them a proper I-864 as they requested.

That is wonderful, I really appreciate it, thank you so much. Hope all goes well, soon!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Meera321 said:

That is wonderful, I really appreciate it, thank you so much. Hope all goes well, soon!!

Did you have issues they may find troubling about your case? Did you marry first time? Have you spent time with his family? How many visits total have you had and for how long? 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

Did you have issues they may find troubling about your case? Did you marry first time? Have you spent time with his family? How many visits total have you had and for how long? 

I don't believe so. No issues during the questionnaire except for the fact why my mother was not at my wedding. My father is no longer with us and my mom works and couldn't get off, and had to be here at home. Other than that, no issues. This is my first marriage. I have spent a lot of time with his family. I got married in march in which my trip was 1 month. After that, I visited him 2 more times (both for 20-25 days), and stayed with him and his family. We have all the evidence of the marriage and the time we spent together as well as our chat history/phone logs. We also have tickets from the trip/pictures from airport/ western union money transfer receipts/ and we also opened a joint bank account with both of our names while I was there. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Meera321 said:

This is my first marriage. I have spent a lot of time with his family. I got married in march in which my trip was 1 month. 

So you got married the first visit? Sometimes this causes issues/concerns. You can't change it now of course and it's great you've had two additional visits for a reasonable amount of time. Do you have an age difference? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

So you got married the first visit? Sometimes this causes issues/concerns. You can't change it now of course and it's great you've had two additional visits for a reasonable amount of time. Do you have an age difference? 

Thank you!!! just to clarify, Him and I met through mutual friends online and started talking. We were in touch for a year before our marriage. We starting talking more 2-3 months before I visited india, matter of fact, the point of my trip to India was to finally meet him in person. As weird as it may sound, we did like each other from talking online, and then meeting in March just confirmed that, and we really liked each other. So we decided to get married with both families consent. We are only 2 years apart in age difference. I am 21 and he is 23! Also, my mom's sister got me married to him so it happened all within the families. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.