Xcalj5

Devastated! Victim of marriage Fraud before ROC w/ Iranian national

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JFH said:

Actually he didn't get deported. He successfully filed for ROC with a divorce waiver and is now living in Texas and posting on social media regularly about his life there. 

Oh God!! :o Tnx for the info.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
14 hours ago, Xcalj5 said:

I brought my current husband from Iran on K1 visa. My husband is 14 years younger than me and came without any money. Yes, I lost my mind. I fell in love with young charismatic man. I am educated and my whole life I saved with hard work and sacrifices. And it happened, he used me just for a green card (yeah stupid me for trusting). He admitted for lying on application regarding his previous employment. He admitted for working for Iranian government and having weapons training (not mentioned on visa app). He received his visa based on lies (I have no way of proving it). I refused to sign ROC (I751) and so he left and is filing it based on divorce waiver. He was abusive throughout the relationship, which was documented in court. Two temporary restraining orders. No criminal charges though. After he left (2.5 yrs) I found out he was in relationship with another older woman and have recording of them. I am ok he left, but I am not ok he is suing me for half. I confirmed with 3 attorneys that he is entitled to half of my savings (which is a lot collected during marriage.) He is also going for alimony and my 401k which I saved a lot. He did not pay a dime to me or towards my house or anything. I covered all his expenssed. Found him job. I basically lost $40K on him and will lose another $40k based on him defrauding me and the country. I made Infopass and was lucky to speak to officer who then told me they cannot do anything!!! He is permanent resident (conditional green card) and has every right to renew it based on divorce, because I cannot prove it was a sham. Even if he does not have anything in his name, no financials because some marriages agree to that. So not only he wasted almost 6 yrs of my life, he refused to have children (I never had it was my last chance), he will get my savings, 401K, plus my investments and I am being told there is nothing I can do to stop it and I am on the hook for I864 for 10 yrs, so this will never end. He is evil and is doing everything to hurt me financially. I really don’t understand why as I only gave him and provided everything and let him travel with me all over the world. I am glad that he is out of my life, but is there anything I can do so he does not take everything I worked so hard for. He received his visa based on lies and deception. I can clearly show that he was using me for money and green card. USCIS is not interested in what I had to say at the infopass. Is there anything else I can do?? 

I am so sorry to  hear that, i wish you the best of the luck on that. 

Sorry if it is not an answer to the question you asked  but you mentiomed in one of your posts that he traveled with diplomatic passport, doesn't it prove he worked for Iran's government? You have no evidence, a text message, copy of passport? Or by any chance you know if he used different name for diplomatic passport? Anything to prove mispresentation. (if you were not aware of all this when you petitioned for him) 

I am Iranian too, i wish i could help you, because people like him make troubles for all Iranians, they lie to a person, DoS, and embassy then they get a visa without any problem, meanwhile i am waiting for visa over 21 months. 

I tried to check if you can reach the history of his insurance (which shows the places he worked for) but it needs his national id number and insurance id number. (sorry if it sounds complicated) 

Search his name (in Farsi too) , maybe you can find something to report him. 

I really hope you win and he can't get even a dime from you. 

Edited by NBA16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, kattaklizm said:

I feel really bad when I hear stories like yours. I want to believe that if house abuse happens, it should give you the right to revoke his green card and all the benefits that he gained because of you. 

Please get a lawyer. There should be a way to transfer your money to your parents or other relatives as a present, they can buy a real estate or some kind of the other property and there will be nothing to share with this moron since your bank account will be technically empty. 

Not very good advice - attorney supeona your bank stqtements and can trace your financial transactions. There is no hiding your money and assets in this day and age.

Edited by cyclone27

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, cyclone27 said:

Not very good advice - attorney supeona your bank stqtements and can trace your financial transactions. There is no hiding your money and assets in this day and age.

Also, if it looks like you tried to hide assets during divorce proceedings, those assets may be awarded in full to the other party.

In other words, a really really bad idea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are some misleading and highly bizarre post posts on this thread.

Neither are against the VJ ToS, my Bible, but are considered bad form.

Anyway a Divorce Lawyer would be a good investment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

14 hours ago, NBA16 said:

I am so sorry to  hear that, i wish you the best of the luck on that. 

Sorry if it is not an answer to the question you asked  but you mentiomed in one of your posts that he traveled with diplomatic passport, doesn't it prove he worked for Iran's government? You have no evidence, a text message, copy of passport? Or by any chance you know if he used different name for diplomatic passport? Anything to prove mispresentation. (if you were not aware of all this when you petitioned for him) 

I am Iranian too, i wish i could help you, because people like him make troubles for all Iranians, they lie to a person, DoS, and embassy then they get a visa without any problem, meanwhile i am waiting for visa over 21 months. 

I tried to check if you can reach the history of his insurance (which shows the places he worked for) but it needs his national id number and insurance id number. (sorry if it sounds complicated) 

Search his name (in Farsi too) , maybe you can find something to report him. 

I really hope you win and he can't get even a dime from you. 

I wish I had hard proof. I have no way of getting it. He told me after the fact. I went to speak to Homeland Security and they told me if I don't show them proof, I cannot do anything. I was in court today and he is playing card that I abused him when in deed I had two temporary restraining orders against him. Azizam, you have no idea what I am going through. He told me he was a body guard for high rank officials, but then he got a normal job in sales. He told me he had a friend who was border patrol and cleared his passport so he can get out of Iran, but he is scared to go back because they would find out. I learned this recently when I begged him to leave me. he abused me for 2 years and I still don't understand why I endured it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you have a Divorce Lawyer?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 3/7/2018 at 11:56 AM, Xcalj5 said:

Yes!!!! He lawyered up after he left me announcing he used me for green card and money and now he is gonna get more! I still did not retain attorney. They cost thousands and I have to pay just to defend what I worked so hard for.

6 years quite a long period to know each other :)

Forget it now, and Its time to move on...

7 minutes ago, URgreat said:

6 years quite a long period to know each other :)

Forget it now, and Its time to move on...

3 long distance. 2.5 in USA. I tried to get rid of him after 1 year of marriage when he started to abuse me. He threatened to kill me if I try. I have very complicated situation. trust me, I am happy he is out of my life. I am just fighting for my investments during marriage that he did not contribute in any way.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, Xcalj5 said:

I wish I had hard proof. I have no way of getting it. He told me after the fact. I went to speak to Homeland Security and they told me if I don't show them proof, I cannot do anything. I was in court today and he is playing card that I abused him when in deed I had two temporary restraining orders against him. Azizam, you have no idea what I am going through. He told me he was a body guard for high rank officials, but then he got a normal job in sales. He told me he had a friend who was border patrol and cleared his passport so he can get out of Iran, but he is scared to go back because they would find out. I learned this recently when I begged him to leave me. he abused me for 2 years and I still don't understand why I endured it.

I know this is hard, but can you settle with him? I would use Spar & Bernstein in NYC.

Give the man half (like that law states) and move on. If you choose to remarry, sign a prenup or buy property as sole and seperate. Unfortunate situation for you but not exactly complicated. 

AOS FROM - F1 OPT                                                                                                                                             ROC
Day 00 - Jun-08-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]                                                          Day 00 - Mar-12-2018 - ROC Package Delivered [California Service Center] 

Day 13 - Jun-21-2016 - Hardcopy NOA  for I-485, I-130, I-765                                                                   Day 09 - Mar-21-2018- Check Cashed                                                                   

Day 17 - Jun-25-2016 - Biometrics Letter [Appointment July 5]                                                                 Day 11 - Mar-23-2018-Received NOA Letter

Day 50 - Jul-28-2016 -  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview                                                 Day 68 - May-18-2018 - Received Biometrics WAIVER Letter

Day 61 - Aug-08-2016 - AOS Interview Letter [interview Date Sept 7]                                                       Day 159 -Aug-17-2018 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

Day 71 - Aug-17-2016 - Interview Cancellation Letter [unforeseen Circumstances]                              Day 406-Apr-22-2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

Day 79 - Aug-25-2016 - New AOS Interview Letter [New Interview Date Sept 27]                                   Day 410-Apr26-2019 - Received ROC Approval Letter

Day 85 - Aug-31-2016 - Received EAD Card                                                                                                    Day 414- Apr-30-2019 - Received 10-year Green Card :dance:

Day 112 -Sep-27-2016 - AOS Interview [Case Status: New Card Is Being Produced]                              N400   5-yr-based                      

Day 118 -Oct-03-2016 -  Received AOS Approval Letter                                                                               Day 00 - Mar-12-2021- Submitted N400 Application online

Day 121 -Oct-06-2016 - Received Conditional Green Card [ROC opens ~ Mar 10, 2018]                       Day 322 - Jan-28-2022- N400 Interview Scheduled

Day 353 - Feb-26-2022- Interviewed. Approved. Same Day Oath 🇺🇸

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/10/2018 at 12:35 PM, Cheschirecat said:

I know this is hard, but can you settle with him? I would use Spar & Bernstein in NYC.

I second that you should check in with hiring Spar & Bernstein in NYC. They have a good facebook page where you can check them out. 

Also, don't make it easy for him. You need a lawyer because his lawyer will tear you to pieces to humiliate, embarrass and anger you during court. You can't go through all that without a lawyer to defend you and interject. 

If you reported abuse and filed protection orders, that's good proof of his instability. How long were you married before you made the first report of abuse? How long were you married before you separated and was a legal, documented separation? The fact that he lied or omitted important details to get the k1 visa is also bad for him. 

Hire a lawyer so they can go hard. They'll gather all the needed info from you to obtain documents to build their case. Would you rather pay big $$ to your lawyer or to your evil ex? Be strong and give him a run for his money! He probably thinks you're a pushover and that you won't fight it. Keep letting him think that,  while you work against him in secret! 

Good luck to you sister!

Edited to add: Find a lawyer who has knowledge and expertise in immigration laws as well as defending the participants during these cases of fraudulent marriages.

Edited by Kim and Jermaine

4 hours ago, Kim and Jermaine said:

I second that you should check in with hiring Spar & Bernstein in NYC. They have a good facebook page where you can check them out. 

Also, don't make it easy for him. You need a lawyer because his lawyer will tear you to pieces to humiliate, embarrass and anger you during court. You can't go through all that without a lawyer to defend you and interject. 

If you reported abuse and filed protection orders, that's good proof of his instability. How long were you married before you made the first report of abuse? How long were you married before you separated and was a legal, documented separation? The fact that he lied or omitted important details to get the k1 visa is also bad for him. 

Hire a lawyer so they can go hard. They'll gather all the needed info from you to obtain documents to build their case. Would you rather pay big $$ to your lawyer or to your evil ex? Be strong and give him a run for his money! He probably thinks you're a pushover and that you won't fight it. Keep letting him think that,  while you work against him in secret! 

Good luck to you sister!

Edited to add: Find a lawyer who has knowledge and expertise in immigration laws as well as defending the participants during these cases of fraudulent marriages.

Thank you! I spoke to 4 lawyers and they all telling me I have to give him half even though its my parents money in my name. They bought me house and I saved up to return money. I can't prove is not mine, so I would owe him $40K as half not mentioning I lost probably $30K already. Simple divorce is $5K and I wish lawyers would be able to help me at least to give him at least. I have been told by all that I need to split it plus alimony. I spoke to Homeland/USCIS and they told me there is no way of them to prove anything with Iran, so they won't do anything. I mainly worry about I-864 which I will be on hook for many years to come. He is not too bright, but he hired an aggressive and money hungry lawyer by his rich mistress. We are still legally married, he just moved out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.