Xcalj5

Devastated! Victim of marriage Fraud before ROC w/ Iranian national

79 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, wanderer84 said:

I would also worry about long term consequence of just settling now without involving the law. There is no telling what will happen later and I would worry if OP can be misunderstood later as if they willing took part in any of his schemes.  

I know nothing about the law, but given what OP tells about him, I would take no chances with this character.

yes, luckily I had no part of his fraud. I will have no choice, but to find good attorney. So far I have been talking to some and they do not work on my side. They just tell me I have to pay him, etc.

Law is a law - you gotta share all with him. Why waste more money on attorneys?

Sorry to say this, but there is nothing you can do unless you two signed some kind of agreement before marriage about how you gonna share finance in case of divorce. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

sorry for all that you experienced in hands of the so called lover. He must have been lying to you severally in course of your marriage, maybe you don't notice or just pretended because of the love you have for him. But I do know that the wicked shall not go unpunished. I will advise you to pray more to God and seek the counsel of a good attorney. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Xcalj5 said:

Yes!!!! He lawyered up after he left me announcing he used me for green card and money and now he is gonna get more! I still did not retain attorney. They cost thousands and I have to pay just to defend what I worked so hard for.

Sounds like you can not afford not to get a Divorce Lawyer.

PS there is no 10 years I 864 limit, there is 40 quarters but that is based on him working.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like you can not afford not to get a Divorce Lawyer.

PS there is no 10 years I 864 limit, there is 40 quarters but that is based on him working.

He is dating wife of CEO of the company we work for. I have voice recording stating how much she loves him. He does not make much money, but still works. In my best interest is not to report it as he will lose that job and I will end up paying more. I saw got copy of chats with his Family stating he found another woman to use. She is super rich and I suspect she is helping him with lawyer.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Xcalj5 said:

He is dating wife of CEO of the company we work for. I have voice recording stating how much she loves him. He does not make much money, but still works. In my best interest is not to report it as he will lose that job and I will end up paying more. I saw got copy of chats with his Family stating he found another woman to use. She is super rich and I suspect she is helping him with lawyer.

So alimony seems a long shot, and more so the I 864.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, cyclone27 said:

Well  I can only give you experience of my best mate. His ex lawyered up and so did he in order to defend against her. End result almost a million dollars between the pair of them in legal fees and it financially ruined them both.

As much as I would love to say fighting works - far better to reach a mutual agreement because the only winners end up being the lawyers who have no incentive to settle.

I agree. I have currently restraining order and he has very aggressive lawyer. He is shooting for the stars. I don't think negotiation is on the table :( 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good news is that you have a short marriage so his prospects of alimony are dim.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

OH my! I am so sorry for you having to go thru this :(

You say that you have chats that he sent to his family that he found a new women that he can use?

Isn‘t that proof that you could use? 

I really hope you find a good solution, nobody deserves this :(

5 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

OH my! I am so sorry for you having to go thru this :(

You say that you have chats that he sent to his family that he found a new women that he can use?

Isn‘t that proof that you could use? 

I really hope you find a good solution, nobody deserves this :(

Unfortunately, I don't think it matters in my state laws.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Xcalj5 said:

Almost 3 years and Im in no fault state. Cheating does not matter.

I think most, all?, States are no fault, mine certainly is.

I do not see much in the way of an Immigration issue, obviously yo do have Divorce aspects but that if for a Divorce LAwyer to help you with.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.