TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 minutes ago, streanor said:

USCIS updated their processing date to September 1st!! Time to start calling!

I just called USCIS, but was told that Tier 2 is not taking any new calls due to high call volumes.  The rep offered to refer my request to a Tier 2 officer for a call back in 2-3 business days.  I declined the offer and will try again Friday morning. - Jason

Hey guys!

So I'm new here... I noticed that the official processing time chart is now September...and I filed on August!!! Obviously I thought my process was forgotten on the top of a shelf but researching I found this topic and .... here I am :) 

Oh, btw, looking at september's filers topic I saw that they're getting mainly approvals and only very few requests of information....what is wrong with August???

On 3/12/2018 at 6:22 PM, Rackle10187 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the RFE for?

My rfe was for something I already submitted ofcourse. I was arrested but it was dismissed. They asked for the court cert left again and a notarized statement of events that led up to the arrest from me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Sorry about that!
@Kween had a similar situation: Dominican Republic vs. Haiti I believe. Maybe she can shed some light on how it was resolved?

I am so sorry you're going through this as I am also. NVC told me the same thing. So I emailed Dominican republic and put in and expedite request to have my case transferredand also put in an expedite request for Haiti to request our case from Dominican republic and after a few days it says transfer in progress on the ceac website. I called Haiti and I was told it was transferred but then I called again to ask another question I was told its not there. Yes it is a big long progress 

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, JasonGG said:

I just called USCIS, but was told that Tier 2 is not taking any new calls due to high call volumes.  The rep offered to refer my request to a Tier 2 officer for a call back in 2-3 business days.  I declined the offer and will try again Friday morning. - Jason

They did the same to us. We requested for a callback. They said 3-4 days but it has been longer than that and still no callback :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, streanor said:

USCIS updated their processing date to September 1st!! Time to start calling!

We called them today. Asked whether we can put an inquiry since the date has been updated to September 1st. They said that will take 15 days. :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
6 minutes ago, dpcalbears said:

We called them today. Asked whether we can put an inquiry since the date has been updated to September 1st. They said that will take 15 days. :( 

15 days for them to reply? or need to wait 15 days to put an inquiry?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, dpcalbears said:

New rules coming in....just call again and get another one tomorrow.

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

New rules coming in....just call again and get another one tomorrow.

Naes, do you think..and i know it does not mean much more, but does it hurt to try? asking my senator's office to put an inquiry for us? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Naes, do you think..and i know it does not mean much more, but does it hurt to try? asking my senator's office to put an inquiry for us? 

To tell the truth I don't think it helps anymore, seeing what other people went through.

i would first try calling and getting another person on the phone.

then if that doesn't help put an inquiry through senator. But also you can now put an inquiry through the website because you're out of processing times.

However they are also still doing august cases so I wouldn't worry too much yet. As even after it turn to August 1 before, july people still got approved.

Timeline
6 hours ago, SC2018 said:

Hey guys!

So I'm new here... I noticed that the official processing time chart is now September...and I filed on August!!! Obviously I thought my process was forgotten on the top of a shelf but researching I found this topic and .... here I am :) 

Oh, btw, looking at september's filers topic I saw that they're getting mainly approvals and only very few requests of information....what is wrong with August???

It's normal. Nothing is wrong with august.

there are people in every month waiting and the website just turned to September today :) 

rfes happen in September too (more than it looks like) they are not updating case statuses online most the time. 

It is just a grass is greener on the other side situation.... as it was the same when August just started.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

To tell the truth I don't think it helps anymore, seeing what other people went through.

i would first try calling and getting another person on the phone.

then if that doesn't help put an inquiry through senator. But also you can now put an inquiry through the website because you're out of processing times.

However they are also still doing august cases so I wouldn't worry too much yet. As even after it turn to August 1 before, july people still got approved.

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Pedro0319 said:

My rfe was for something I already submitted ofcourse. I was arrested but it was dismissed. They asked for the court cert left again and a notarized statement of events that led up to the arrest from me.

WTH?? a notarized statement of events leading up to the arrest?? that seems odd... did you provide them with court/police records or whatever official type documents when you submitted your packet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 hours ago, shalyn said:

Just got my nvc case number by calling. 

14 days exactly. 

Amazing news! I can't wait to call tonight.

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.