TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi August filers.....We were informed today after calling the NVC that our K1 Visa was sent to Kampala by error of the NVC as Kampala (Uganda) does not process K1 visas.  We had requested on our I-29F all for our information to be sent to Kenya which is the closet embassy to my fiancee that processes K1 Visas.  I am so sad as I know this will create a significant delay. 

I was told at NVC that it was now my responsibility to contact the embassy in Kampala and request the NVC case be sent to Nairobi Kenya instead...  

Does this make sense??  Any ideas on the best  plan of attack to get our NVC case to correct the embassy in the quickest time???  

Case was sent to Kampala on 3.12.18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
58 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Nick called NVC today, the lady said they didn't receive our case yet. Well, we'll gonna try again tomorrow. Sigh! 

Oh the joys of beginning the wait all over again.:o

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Nick called NVC today, the lady said they didn't receive our case yet. Well, we'll gonna try again tomorrow. Sigh! 

Every time I call the nvc the automated system says that they have a high call volume. What phone number are you using please? :)

1 minute ago, Majesty said:

Every time I call the nvc the automated system says that they have a high call volume. What phone number are you using please? :)

Nick called that number +1 603-334-0700 and we waited for 20 minutes with that annoying music in the background. Lol! 

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Timeline
Just now, NICK & PAULA said:

Nick called that number +1 603-334-0700 and we waited for 20 minutes with that annoying music in the background. Lol! 

I just started waiting :) Ughhhhh

1 minute ago, Majesty said:

I just started waiting :) Ughhhhh

Yup, wait patiently until somebody answers. Good luck!

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Majesty said:

Don't call in the afternoons
That is when everybody and their mother is calling them :jest:

Best to call end of the work day, after 6pm EST

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
51 minutes ago, karaandjackson said:

Hi August filers.....We were informed today after calling the NVC that our K1 Visa was sent to Kampala by error of the NVC as Kampala (Uganda) does not process K1 visas.  We had requested on our I-29F all for our information to be sent to Kenya which is the closet embassy to my fiancee that processes K1 Visas.  I am so sad as I know this will create a significant delay. 

I was told at NVC that it was now my responsibility to contact the embassy in Kampala and request the NVC case be sent to Nairobi Kenya instead...  

Does this make sense??  Any ideas on the best  plan of attack to get our NVC case to correct the embassy in the quickest time???  

Case was sent to Kampala on 3.12.18

Sorry about that!
@Kween had a similar situation: Dominican Republic vs. Haiti I believe. Maybe she can shed some light on how it was resolved?

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

Don't call in the afternoons
That is when everybody and their mother is calling them :jest:

Best to call end of the work day, after 6pm EST

The hold was 20 minutes. I just put my headphones on while still working and I waited. They said that they got the application as of today 3/14 however It wasn't assigned a number yet. What is the next step after getting the number? If anyone could answer that for me pls. NOA2 2/27/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Majesty said:

The hold was 20 minutes. I just put my headphones on while still working and I waited. They said that they got the application as of today 3/14 however It wasn't assigned a number yet. What is the next step after getting the number? If anyone could answer that for me pls. NOA2 2/27/18

this link explains it. https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

Yes next step a number, you will use that number to track your case as it reaches the embassy. which is taking awhile too. I got my case number on Monday and it is still at the nvc

Timeline
9 minutes ago, mhobson0213 said:

this link explains it. https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

Yes next step a number, you will use that number to track your case as it reaches the embassy. which is taking awhile too. I got my case number on Monday and it is still at the nvc

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
32 minutes ago, shalyn said:

Just got my nvc case number by calling. 

14 days exactly. 

Congrats!!! When did they receive your case? :) 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.