2,245 posts in this topic

Today I finally received a notification “case was approved”. My wait time was 40 days in total. Nothing was happening, until I contacted my congresswoman’s office. They have been a great help! I called them and they’ve sent me an email, requesting all the paperwork, on the next day. In two days, they have already contacted USCIS, resolved the hold-up and mailed me a copy of the letter that they’ve sent to the USCIS. In four days, my case was finally approved. Therefore, I recommend everyone who lives in Chicago or Chicagoland (district 9) contacting your congresswoman Jan Schakowsky. My case was literally stuck without her help, and she resolved everything in 4 days. My wife’s vote  definitely goes to her on the next elections. Thank you guys for your recommendations and help!

Just now, Comrade L said:

Today I finally received a notification “case was approved”. My wait time was 40 days in total. Nothing was happening, until I contacted my congresswoman’s office. They have been a great help! I called them and they’ve sent me an email, requesting all the paperwork, on the next day. In two days, they have already contacted USCIS, resolved the hold-up and mailed me a copy of the letter that they’ve sent to the USCIS. In four days, my case was finally approved. Therefore, I recommend everyone who lives in Chicago or Chicagoland (district 9) contacting your congresswoman Jan Schakowsky. My case was literally stuck without her help, and she resolved everything in 4 days. My wife’s vote  definitely goes to her on the next elections. Thank you guys for your recommendations and help!

Congratulations. My congresswoman has contacted. But all they tell her it is on queue to be looked at.

4 minutes ago, Ruby13 said:

Congratulations. My congresswoman has contacted. But all they tell her it is on queue to be looked at.

Thank you. You can also try to contact your senator. I called our senator’s office and they’ve been a great help too. I decided not to bother them, since I already contacted our Congresswoman, but they still called me back the next day, just reminding that they would be more than happy to help, and they understand everything that I’m going through. I was literally shocked, cause I would never in a million years think that our government representatives could be so caring and understanding. 

Just now, Comrade L said:

Thank you. You can also try to contact your senator. I called our senator’s office and they’ve been a great help too. I decided not to bother them, since I already contacted our Congresswoman, but they still called me back the next day, just reminding that they would be more than happy to help, and they understand everything that I’m going through. I was literally shocked, cause I would never in a million years think that our government representatives could be so caring and understanding. 

Uscis has given different answers to both congresswoman and the senator. One was told my document is in queue to looked at. And the other was told since i received an rfe and the rfe document hasn't been reviewed, they cannot comment on ead. And they were told to contact again in two weeks to expedite.  I have already expedited on Jun 21.

New Card is Produced!!!! I still can't believe it :) Still can't relax hahah.

The news came just one day after they confirmed that they received my documents and a few hours after  my Congresswoman e-mailed me saying that she had submitted an inquiry on my case.

I will share the specifics of what I did in case it's useful for people that are planning on expediting: I expedited my EAD on the grounds of severe financial loss to a person. I told USCIS I had a job offer and they asked for proof. 

I only faxed three pages:

1) Short cover letter (2 paragraphs. I did not mention being unemployed or paying bills, but focused on how great of an opportunity this is for me. It is a specialized position in the tech sector that the employer has found hard to fill. I mentioned advanced degrees and the salary and benefits, making the point that it would really be a financial loss if I was not able to take it).

2) Job offer (no starting date, just stated that I had 7 days to accept the offer).

3) USCIS e-mail. 

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories on this thread and for answering my questions. It meant a lot throughout this process. 

I feel lucky that it got approved in less than a month and wish the same to everyone on this thread. I know some people have been waiting longer which makes the process feel random. Best of luck to all.   

TLDR: It seems like a job offer is enough proof to expedite EAD in less than a month these days (as it should be!). 

04/15/19: Received date

05/15/19: Biometrics done

06/07/19: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

03/19/20: Interview cancelled due to Covid

09/04/2020: Interview date

10/22/2020: I-130 approval

10/30/2020: I-485 approval

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi guys,

Did any of you try scheduling info-pass appointment for EAD card? The company wants to hire me immediately, they would like me to start on Monday but they cannot wait :( (it's through the recruitment agency).

Edited by Martacz
spelling mistake

I-751 ROC

11/08/2021 - I-751 application sent to USCIS through FedEx

11/12/2021 - Documents received by USCIS

11/15/2021 - Text message informing of receipt notice being sent in mail

11/16/2021 - Bank account charged for I-751 form and biometrics

AOS

05/02/2019 - AOS/EAD/AP application mailed to USCIS (priority mail with USPS)

05/04/2019 - AOS/EAD/AP application delivered

05/09/2019 - "Your case was received" texts with the receipts' numbers

05/09/2019 - Case status changed to "Case was received" (MyUSCIS)

05/09/2019 - Case status changed to "Fingerprint fee was received" (MyUSCIS)

05/14/2019 - NOA1 letters received in mail (NOA1 date: 05/09/2019)

05/24/2019 - Biometrics letter received (NOA2 date: 05/17/2019)

06/05/2019 - Completed biometrics 

06/06/2019 - Case status changed to "Fingerprint review was completed" (MyUSCIS)

07/11/2019 - Case status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" (MyUSCIS)

12/23/2019 - Case status changed to “Interview Was Scheduled”

12/30/2019 - Interview Notice letter received in mail

01/30/2020 - Interview 👫📚

01/31/2020 - Case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced" (MyUSCIS)

01/31/2020 - Case status changed to "Case Was Approved" (MyUSCIS)

02/04/2020 - Case status changed to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/05/2020 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" (CaseTracker); tracking number provided

Expedited AP

07/18/2019 - Called USCIS (800 375-5283) to expedite the process of AP issuance based on family emergency

07/22/2019 - An email from USCIS requesting additional information

07/23/2019 - Requested documents sent back to USCIS via fax (took an hour to go through) 

07/26/2019 - Escalated an expedite request to USCIS Tier 2 (no e-mail confirming receipt of docs);

Service request submitted by Tier 2 to NBC; response to be received by 08/10/2019

08/01/2019 - E-mail from NBC confirming that my "application has been approved and submitted for processing"

08/02/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "New Card is Being Produced"

08/03/2019 - Case status changed on AP and EAD to "Case Was Approved"

08/05/2019 - I-797 NOA received in mail ("We have approved you application for an Advance Parole Document")

08/05/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

08/06/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" (CaseTracker); tracking number provided

08/08/2019 - Combo EAD/AP card in hand 🎉 🍾🥂👩‍💼

08/08/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Martacz said:

Hi guys,

Did any of you try scheduling info-pass appointment for EAD card? The company wants to hire me immediately, they would like me to start on Monday but they cannot wait :( (it's through the recruitment agency).

I believe they stopped the option that gave you the possibility to schedule an Infopass online 

You can try to check by putting your zipcode on this website https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/us

if not call the 1800 number and try to see if they will.

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but I tried to call and asked for an Infopass for a different situation previously and they didnt let me.

But you have nothing to lose by trying.

Good luck 

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

1 hour ago, Martacz said:

Hi guys,

As someone said, you can no longer schedule InfoPass appointments online. You have to call them, plead your case as to why you need an appointment and ask them to schedule one. Even with that though, I'm sorry to say though that there would be no way for you to get your EAD by Monday. Just having the card delivered to you takes about a week from when the case is approved. And I'm not sure that scheduling an appointment would necessarily help you get your case approved. 

If I were you, I would try to get another job offer that can wait at least a couple of weeks and try to expedite on that basis. Good luck!!

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

On 2/22/2018 at 12:30 PM, QueenoftheThrow said:

Oh wow! That's a good sign. 

Ours still hasn't been updated since 2/6 after the initial "completed" response where we sent in the fax. So basically no new case updates since then.  We reached out to all 3 parties and explained via phone, faxed a cover letter with explanation, job offer, etc to all three.  Our Congressman replied back that they reached out to try to push along with USCIS but we haven't heard anything since. I'm not sure if it's worth opening a SR with USCIS or trying to call again. 

Very frustrating, but I've seen some posts from people who had followed these steps several weeks prior and had just received approval last week, so I'm hopeful it'll be soon!

Hi did you ever get a response on your expedite request??? Im in the same situation since June 17... very frustrating .

Wanted to give all of those applying for expedite using a job offer some hope! I just received notice that my request was approved today.

7/3 - Called USCIS to request expedite

7/11 - Received email requesting evidence via fax

7/12 - Sent evidence via fax

7/18 - Sent fax again just in case

7/19 - Received email saying fax was received

7/26 - Received notice that my new card is being produced

I did it by myself (no congressman or senator) and all I sent was a very basic cover letter and evidence of my job offer with a start date of 7/15 (thankfully my employer was flexible).

15 hours ago, a-n-s said:

Hi, I sent my evidence on July 19th, and have not got a confirmation receipt since then. Should I re-fax it or call USCIS to ask whether the fax has been received or not?  

I would re-fax it since it definitely can't hurt! It took about a week for me to hear back once I faxed mine, but I know some people never hear back that their fax was received and don't hear anything until their request is either approved/denied.

8 hours ago, gracesb said:

I would re-fax it since it definitely can't hurt! It took about a week for me to hear back once I faxed mine, but I know some people never hear back that their fax was received and don't hear anything until their request is either approved/denied.

I expedited my EAD card on June 21st, AP card on  July 12th. And both congresswoman and senator worked on my case.  The senator send me a mail which Uscis had sent them that they can't expedite it as they are waiting for my RFE document to be reviewed. So I called to expedite my I-485 on july 22nd. July 23rd they sent me an email saying they are looking into my case. July 24th my I-485 is ready to be scheduled for interview.  Today July 27th. I got an email saying card in production.

So in total from expedite request to card in production took me 36 days.

Good luck to everyone else who are waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just received this update from the senators office: 

Response from the National Benfits Center:

"Name: XXX Receipt Number: MSCXXX Form: I-765
Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter. We have requested the file be reviewed by an officer, once reviewed your constituent should receive a decision or notice of other action within 30 days of the date of this notice.We hope the information provided is helpful. If we may be of assistance in the future, please let us know."

I am am a bit confused if this means the expedite was approved or not. Did anyone else’s receive an update like this? Do they really take 30 days to review? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.