Betcy

Rapid visa services

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Betcy said:

Hello everyone! 

Has anyone here used or is using the services from Rapid Visa website!? If yes, how is it going? Do they really help? 

Ill appreciate your input. 

Thanks. 

Rapid visa is like a lot of other agencies. They don't have any actual lawyer involved though to my understanding. Regardless, they just send you questionaire to fill out, all the same information asked for on the forms, then they just put the info you gave into the form... Really you can save yourself the, $400-500 or whatever it is they may charge and just compile the forms yourself using the guides here on VJ.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

24 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Rapid visa is like a lot of other agencies. They don't have any actual lawyer involved though to my understanding. Regardless, they just send you questionaire to fill out, all the same information asked for on the forms, then they just put the info you gave into the form... Really you can save yourself the, $400-500 or whatever it is they may charge and just compile the forms yourself using the guides here on VJ.

I was gonna do that but filling the form has been really comfused to us. Some question that do not apply we don’t really know how to answer them. We are not sure if we should pit NA or just leave them blank 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Betcy said:

I was gonna do that but filling the form has been really comfused to us. Some question that do not apply we don’t really know how to answer them. We are not sure if we should pit NA or just leave them blank 

For some of these things, which some are a bit confusing, also a lot of times you yourself tend to probably "over think" it. Use the search bar here on VJ, top right corner, and search for the answers. Bet you'll find a lot of specific info.

I can almost guarantee, once a week at least, someone posts about using blank spaces of N/A. So you'll find probably a hundred search results.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Betcy said:

Hello everyone! 

Has anyone here used or is using the services from Rapid Visa website!? If yes, how is it going? Do they really help? 

Ill appreciate your input. 

Thanks. 

So far I saw at least 4 rfes came even after using them... so nope I don't think so.

If you're going to pay someone, pay a lawyer.  An agency like that is not authorized to provide legal advice and you have no recourse if they mess up your case. 

That being said, most people can fill the forms on their own.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Naes said:

So far I saw at least 4 rfes came even after using them... so nope I don't think so.

Even my friend they got rfe too, u could do it by yourself by searching & completed everything thats what we did..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, J16&P25 said:

Even my friend they got rfe too, u could do it by yourself by searching & completed everything thats what we did..

I did it myself too and see no reason to use any agency because my case is pretty straightforward.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Some posters on this forum have had their case messed up by them and when they do they walk away and basically say tough.

Your call, just so you know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

My fiancé did I-129F by himself. We are approved. There was a couple who had an unfortunate time with a lawyer. The couple received an RFE for tons of things and the VJer of the couple said that the lawyer (conveniently , may i add) forgot to send the documents with the petition when Naes asked him why did he miss out so many basic things.

And my thoughts are that RapidVisa is an unnecessary third party. I kinda think that with the current ridiculously terrible wait time, it's really best to do it yourself, make sure you have everything and avoid RFE.

11 hours ago, AL-MJD said:

My fiancé did I-129F by himself. We are approved. There was a couple who had an unfortunate time with a lawyer. The couple received an RFE for tons of things and the VJer of the couple said that the lawyer (conveniently , may i add) forgot to send the documents with the petition when Naes asked him why did he miss out so many basic things.

And my thoughts are that RapidVisa is an unnecessary third party. I kinda think that with the current ridiculously terrible wait time, it's really best to do it yourself, make sure you have everything and avoid RFE.

Half the time on here that's what we see. Someone thought they did a good thing by hiring a lawyer and the lawyer ends up wasting more time than if they did it themselves. We have seen lawyers forget to add required documents, not respond to RFE's, and some just outright lied.

I always tell people if you have a straight forward case then do it yourself and save the money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Half the time on here that's what we see. Someone thought they did a good thing by hiring a lawyer and the lawyer ends up wasting more time than if they did it themselves. We have seen lawyers forget to add required documents, not respond to RFE's, and some just outright lied.

I always tell people if you have a straight forward case then do it yourself and save the money.

Don't forget. VJers are here to help you. If you have any questions at all about how we go about certain requirements, how we answer certain questions in the forms, what documents are needed to prove certain things, even how to make payment.

We are here to help eachother. All you need is to make some time and have some patience to complete the petition.

@Betcy

14 hours ago, Betcy said:

As a few people have said, you'll get a lot of help from people and previous posts (and the guides) on this forum. It's also worth searching YouTube for video help - I found quite a few videos of people talking through how to fill in certain forms. Just be VERY CAREFUL that you're following a video for the right version/edition of the forms you'll be filing! 

01/18/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

01/25/17 - NOA1

05/05/17 - NOA2 (100 days from NOA1)

05/19/17 - NVC received and case number assigned

05/26/17 - Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'

05/30/17 - Medical

05/31/17 - Consulate received 

07/13/17 - Interview, APPROVED!

07/21/17 - Visa in hand

07/22/17 - POE Newark, successful

08/02/17 - Married

08/23/17 - AOS filed (incl. EAD and AP)

08/31/17 - NOA1 date on AOS packet

09/21/17 - Biometrics appt

10/16/17 - Online tracker says 'Ready for Interview'

11/09/17 - EAD and AP approved

11/16/17 - EAD/AP combo card arrived

12/19/17 - Green card interview

12/22/17 - RFE received (medical had been lost)

01/23/18 - Green card in production

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

One of the hot topic threads is currently on VJ is because the lawyer sent in a copy of a marriage certificate instead of the original.

So I agree if your case is straight forward just carefully go through the paperwork and use the guides and Visa Journey to assist you. We never hired a lawyer and never received a rfe or had any hold ups.  I had absolutely no immigration knowledge before my husband and I started this process. 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I used Rapid Visa and to me it was worth every penny I spent. The website was easy to use I didn't have to waste time researching anything they reviewed all my paperwork and helped my fiancee file DS160 over the phone. To me my time is worth more than the 500 I spent on their service. If you need any details just pm me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.