KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

It seems like NVC is reviewing pretty fast! We submitted our documents to NVC for approval on Monday Dec 3 and got a response today. Unfortunately there was an item missing for i-184, but I re-submitted today and we should be case complete soon (all other items were approved)! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, nicedamsel said:

Wow! I'm so happy for you 

thank you so much, i am praying the interview part goes smoothly!! will keep everyone updated on when we get an interview. good luck to everyone :) :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 hours ago, Brittany95 said:

It seems like NVC is reviewing pretty fast! We submitted our documents to NVC for approval on Monday Dec 3 and got a response today. Unfortunately there was an item missing for i-184, but I re-submitted today and we should be case complete soon (all other items were approved)! 

yes they are originally we submitted everything to NVC on 11/15 then got a request to upload a document again on 11/20, we submitted correct docs on 11/22 and finally heard back yesterday. So everything was done within less than a month.

To all UK people and probably to everyone else. 

I had my visa medical this morning. It was a breeze as I am a healthy chap. It is worth noting that if your medical records have anything to do with mental heath problems that you MUST get a letter from your GP stating your diagnosis, your treatment, duration of illness, any prior subsequent mental health issues, any incidents of self-harm, harm to others or suicidal attempts, and finally whether you are likely to be of a danger to yourself and anyone else moving forward and the state of your current mental health. I had a depressive episode when I was a teenager and it is on my medical records, I requested my letter from the GP but they didn't get it done on time and now I am sat waiting for them to get a move on as my medical report will not go to the embassy without it. And remember there is no shame in having any mental illness and don't think that you won't be allowed into the states if you do suffer, we are modern world and this is accepted today, just be honest, tell them what ails you, what medication you are on if any and make sure you have that letter from the GP, if you have not requested one already then do as they take their time. 

Also, make sure that you have had all your vaccinations, the US require MMR x2, Tetanus/Diphtheria/Polio x3 and the last booster has to be within the last ten years and the Flu Vaccination. If you don't have these then get them done ASAP.  

I have now completed everything and am just waiting for the medical report to go off to the Embassy to get my passport back with my visa so please do ask me any questions. 

Hope that has helped. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 hours ago, db2016 said:

yes they are originally we submitted everything to NVC on 11/15 then got a request to upload a document again on 11/20, we submitted correct docs on 11/22 and finally heard back yesterday. So everything was done within less than a month.

That is all very quick, considering it is the government! lol :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

What exactly does nvc ask for? I ask because my husband insists they want originals and that can’t be the case if you’re uploading? Thanks guys and dolls. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

What exactly does nvc ask for? I ask because my husband insists they want originals and that can’t be the case if you’re uploading? Thanks guys and dolls. 

They ask for copies/ scans of the originals. But you'll only have to bring the originals to the interview appointment.

Don't send in or passport for example 🙈

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Erlenfee said:

They ask for copies/ scans of the originals. But you'll only have to bring the originals to the interview appointment.

Don't send in or passport for example 🙈

Pics are scanned too?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

Pics are scanned too?

Yes. I scanned the two required passport photos of me and my husband. Put them together in one PDF document and uploaded it like that. They never asked for other pictures.

Again though, I'll carry the originals with me for the interview.

Finally my status at CEAC has changed to Documentarily Qualified!!!

I submitted my document on 19 Nov and received an email within 24 hours that they have accepted all document but left me with a RFE note to submit W2 form which is not applicable to me. I wrote a letter to explain as per the NVC person I spoke to had adviced me to do and submitted on the same day. It took them almost 3 weeks to review again and gave me a Documentarily Qualified status - I wished the first person who reviewed my document had not made that mistake! I pray for news soon for an early Jan interview date!

Edited by Atl2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Atl2018 said:

Finally my status at CEAC has changed to Documentarily Qualified!!!

I submitted my document on 19 Nov and received an email within 24 hours that they have accepted all document but left me with a RFE note to submit W2 form which is not applicable to me. I wrote a letter to explain as per the NVC person I spoke to had adviced me to do and submitted on the same day. It took them almost 3 weeks to review again and gave me a Documentarily Qualified status - I wished the first person who reviewed my document had not made that mistake! I pray for news soon for an early Jan interview date!

Congratulation

Timeline

Hi guys and dolls. I called nvc today and was told our case was entered in the system today 12/10, and I should receive an email in 8 weeks with further instructions. What-the-what? I didn’t receive a case number. What would I do with that if I received it anyway? Wouldn’t I still have to wait for the email? Help a sister out, please!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.