3,193 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

since we are all waiting for our approvals or RFE's, imma just write in here and ask you guys what you think about our situation. My NOA1 was on the 14th of february (new website) and we have not received anything yet. We might get an RFE because you all probably know if you have a certain number of charges (3) etc that you need to submit a background check additionally to listing what you had. Means my fiance wrote down the stuff he had and also told them that we waited over 1 month and still havent gotten the official background document (even though they charged us lol). So we might get an RFE because the official document is missing, but he atleast wrote down everything, so i guess it depends on the officer if they are gonna send RFE. Just to clarify, nothing of this is bad in an immigration way and he didnt get convicted for 2 of them (but you still need to list it). 

But that doesnt matter right now. Here is my situation: I am finishing my bachelors degree right now with my bachelor thesis which is due in 2 weeks. I already live at my grandmas with my dog since the beginning of this year because it wouldnt have made sense to get a new lease for my apartment. I have been to the US 2 times this year already for 14 days each (april and august). My fiance rented a house for us and due my visit we were being able to set up the house and pick the furniture together in the past 2 weeks. You can imagine how bad it felt to go back after that. So since im a student i could stay as long as i want in the US, but i have a little dog so i can never stay for more than 14 days. 

Now our plan is, that I would fly back to the US with my Dog (he is an certified emotional support animal and also has an education), stay there until we get our case number and fly back to germany to do the medical, the interview and get my wedding dress. I would leave my dog with my fiance of course! 

Do you guys think I am gonna have problems with entering the US with my dog and staying for like 4 weeks? I mean until now i always made good experiences with the US officers and i always tell them that i visit my fiance. But with my dog i would arrive at the Washington DC dulles airport instead of the Baltimore/Washington international. So you can imagine I am already very anxious about the new airport but also about bringing my dog.

I usually never get asked for additonal evidence, but i usually bring my student status and that im still studying. I was also thinking about getting a document from my university that i still have to come back to presentate my bachelor thesis and would also bring a receit that i still have to get my wedding dress, which im trying on again next week to get it fitted. They usually take around 4 weeks to make all the adjustments for my dress. 

I know its a long text, but I just need to get other thoughts on my story because my fiance is always positive: "Hey youre coming from germany and youre young, why would they deny you entry". 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Darline said:

Hey guys,

since we are all waiting for our approvals or RFE's, imma just write in here and ask you guys what you think about our situation. My NOA1 was on the 14th of february (new website) and we have not received anything yet. We might get an RFE because you all probably know if you have a certain number of charges (3) etc that you need to submit a background check additionally to listing what you had. Means my fiance wrote down the stuff he had and also told them that we waited over 1 month and still havent gotten the official background document (even though they charged us lol). So we might get an RFE because the official document is missing, but he atleast wrote down everything, so i guess it depends on the officer if they are gonna send RFE. Just to clarify, nothing of this is bad in an immigration way and he didnt get convicted for 2 of them (but you still need to list it). 

But that doesnt matter right now. Here is my situation: I am finishing my bachelors degree right now with my bachelor thesis which is due in 2 weeks. I already live at my grandmas with my dog since the beginning of this year because it wouldnt have made sense to get a new lease for my apartment. I have been to the US 2 times this year already for 14 days each (april and august). My fiance rented a house for us and due my visit we were being able to set up the house and pick the furniture together in the past 2 weeks. You can imagine how bad it felt to go back after that. So since im a student i could stay as long as i want in the US, but i have a little dog so i can never stay for more than 14 days. 

Now our plan is, that I would fly back to the US with my Dog (he is an certified emotional support animal and also has an education), stay there until we get our case number and fly back to germany to do the medical, the interview and get my wedding dress. I would leave my dog with my fiance of course! 

Do you guys think I am gonna have problems with entering the US with my dog and staying for like 4 weeks? I mean until now i always made good experiences with the US officers and i always tell them that i visit my fiance. But with my dog i would arrive at the Washington DC dulles airport instead of the Baltimore/Washington international. So you can imagine I am already very anxious about the new airport but also about bringing my dog.

I usually never get asked for additonal evidence, but i usually bring my student status and that im still studying. I was also thinking about getting a document from my university that i still have to come back to presentate my bachelor thesis and would also bring a receit that i still have to get my wedding dress, which im trying on again next week to get it fitted. They usually take around 4 weeks to make all the adjustments for my dress. 

I know its a long text, but I just need to get other thoughts on my story because my fiance is always positive: "Hey youre coming from germany and youre young, why would they deny you entry". 

If ur on a tourist visa u can stay up to 90 days before u have to return. As long as u have a return ticket u should be fine.

My my fiancé will be visiting in 11 days for 2 weeks. This will not b her first trip since we filed. Never have we had a concern about visiting.

good luck

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Sanjana dogra said:

We are feb 9 new site. Looks like they are skipping first weeks like they do every month and starting from mid of month. Hope they get back on first two weeks. 😞

Here is also another February 9 (new site) 

5 hours ago, Mel&Jo said:

Only 15 were approve this year according to igor's list.. what to do.. 🤐

I don’t think you’re reading it right.   There is the “Last 15 approvals,” but if you change the “unapproved petitions” field to “approved petitions” and scroll down, you can see the approvals by month.

I count ~65 for the first two weeks of February alone.   Keep in mind also that this reflects only VJ members, and then only the ones who have updated their timelines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=3&sortby=2

scroll down to february and see approvals they are a ways down.

3 hours ago, Toastbear said:

Hey guys,

Do you need to get a passport for your dog? 

10 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Do you need to get a passport for your dog? 

no, you need to get a certificate from the vet that the dog is healthy and the dog also needs to have the rabies vaccination.

8 hours ago, Toastbear said:

Hey guys,

since we are all waiting for our approvals or RFE's, imma just write in here and ask you guys what you think about our situation. My NOA1 was on the 14th of february (new website) and we have not received anything yet. We might get an RFE because you all probably know if you have a certain number of charges (3) etc that you need to submit a background check additionally to listing what you had.....

Google can be your best friend https://www.google.com/search?q=traveling+on+a+visa+with+an+dog&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe

If you arrive with a dog that could be a red flag that you are not returning to your home country. So buyer beware. I'd go to the main K-1 general question section here on VJ and ask that question. I am sure they are more astute to what is going to be a red flag and also they give point you in the direction for instructions on how to transport your dog.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Google can be your best friend https://www.google.com/search?q=traveling+on+a+visa+with+an+dog&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe

If you arrive with a dog that could be a red flag that you are not returning to your home country. So buyer beware. I'd go to the main K-1 general question section here on VJ and ask that question. I am sure they are more astute to what is going to be a red flag and also they give point you in the direction for instructions on how to transport your dog.

thanks for your answer but google doesnt help because i know HOW to bring my dog there. I am just wondering about how the officers could see that.

But yeah imma try my luck in another thread

1 minute ago, Toastbear said:

thanks for your answer but google doesnt help because i know HOW to bring my dog there. I am just wondering about how the officers could see that.

But yeah imma try my luck in another thread

You don't have to be nasty about it. I was respectful in giving you some information. If it wasn't what you were looking for maybe it's best to ignore my reply and just move on. Or better yet say thank you and just move on.  I was only trying to help. To not receive your attitude again your dead to me.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Just now, Greenbaum said:

You don't have to be nasty about it. I was respectful in giving you some information. If it wasn't what you were looking for maybe it's best to ignore my reply and just move on. Or better yet say thank you and just move on.  I was only trying to help. To not receive your attitude again your dead to me.

I am so confused? I literally said thank you and wasnt giving you an attitude at all lol.  Dunno why youre so sensitvie, especially after mentioning i could have said thank you (what i did). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Toastbear said:

I am so confused? I literally said thank you and wasnt giving you an attitude at all lol.  Dunno why youre so sensitvie, especially after mentioning i could have said thank you (what i did). 

Yeah you both are being fair. Just a small misunderstanding is all 🙂

If anything pets are more helpful than detrimental.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/17/2018 at 11:39 AM, BJ & Christine said:

Everyone just a friendly reminder from ur co-pilot.

please make sure to update ur time lines. 

Over and out

😜

how do you track your case on the new site?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.