TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@vocaledge still waiting,  AND I was told by a rep that the cases ONLY come in physically...... I think in any customer service atmosphere there is a plethora of different responses. unfortunately.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
7 minutes ago, elwoodicious said:

Sure, they wanted more photos of us together and a signed divorce decree, I’d sent the judgement (in Connecticut the decree looks like a terribly formatted webpage that you printed off some random website so I’d thought, “Judgement is the decree and these two pages are extraneous). 

I know they are big on “seal” and “signature” 

my fiancée divorce decree had none, we were preparing to get as part of the RFE and it wasn’t even included. That’s what I’m telling you... there is no way of knowing what means what to them unfortunately. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lotts said:

Oh my gosh. He's much better. Can't get him to shut up now haha. So much happier and healthier, thank you. 

Arranged a date night for tomorrow. Hopefully reflecting on some good news and planning next steps. We'll see. 

I hope you get everything sorted. 😞

This whole shambles of a process shall soon be a memory to laugh at real soon. 

Hopefully.

Im so relieved to hear that and glad too :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy groundhogs day! Will the groundhog be bringing us NOA2 predictions? Lol. I’m

hoping for good news today but think we’ll still be at this come Monday. TGIF!! :jest:@John & Rose @Martin3517 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Your fiance’s health is a bit more important to me that us waiting. How is he?  Make sure he takes it easy and tries to get some rest. 

Aww, thank you. He is a LOT better, thank you. 💜 

Appetite and his humour is back, he's very chatty and seems a lot happier. Also seems to be more affectionate now. I'm not complaining.

He seems really determine to get all this behind us and move forward with life. Enjoy it more together, y'know? I know I was really scared. I can't imagine how he must have felt. 

Just REALLY want to see each other now. Just shy of a year apart now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

I know they are big on “seal” and “signature” 

my fiancée divorce decree had none, we were preparing to get as part of the RFE and it wasn’t even included. That’s what I’m telling you... there is no way of knowing what means what to them unfortunately. 

The copy I sent in with the RFE was signed, dated, and notarized by the court (though, still a janky looking webpage printed off some random late 90s site but an official janky looking webpage at least!)

10 minutes ago, Lotts said:

Aww, thank you. He is a LOT better, thank you. 💜 

Appetite and his humour is back, he's very chatty and seems a lot happier. Also seems to be more affectionate now. I'm not complaining.

He seems really determine to get all this behind us and move forward with life. Enjoy it more together, y'know? I know I was really scared. I can't imagine how he must have felt. 

Just REALLY want to see each other now. Just shy of a year apart now. 

Those moments can really help focus on what is truly important in life. We spend so much time worrying about the minutiae that we lose sight of the big picture. I’m glad you are both focusing on the only thing that truly matters...each other. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All,

I just received an email from NVC that they have sent our case to the embassy (In Transit). Does anyone know typically how long from when they send it until we will receive an email from the embassy for instructions?

Also, what can I do at this point? Can we start filling out the DS-160?

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

NVC # Received - January 31, 2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

Hi All,

I just received an email from NVC that they have sent our case to the embassy (In Transit). Does anyone know typically how long from when they send it until we will receive an email from the embassy for instructions?

Also, what can I do at this point? Can we start filling out the DS-160?

Congrats! I believe it's moving along quicker than it was a month ago because of the holidays, but it took less than two weeks for my fiancé to receive his info in the mail after NVC forwarded our case to the embassy. It may depend on the country, how many cases they receive, etc., but this part shouldn't take too long.

In the meantime, the best thing you can do is prepare for the interview. Gather any documents or other evidence you may need, etc. They recommend having a copy of whatever was sent with your original I-129 petition, but I don't believe this is necessarily a requirement. May just make things easier. Any applicable documents relating to the financial requirements in your case, and any additional evidence supporting your ongoing relationship between now and when you guys first petitioned. (Call/chat logs, emails, photos, etc.)

It's my understanding as long a you've got your NVC case number, the beneficiary can go ahead and complete any medical requirements. Once they receive the packet in the mail following receipt of your case at the embassy, they'll have instructions to schedule/complete their interview, so the more completed by then the better (and sooner they can book the interview) :) 

Good luck!!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hoosier81 said:

That is awesome! Finally after such a long wait for NOA2's its nice to see things moving fast!:D

Yeah yeah! :D Good luck to you and hope you'll be together with the love of your life soon! <3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
11 hours ago, JRLee said:

NOA2 on January 2nd, NVC received on the 24th and still no NVC## yet.   :clock:

Give them a call. When you call the number, select the option from the automated menu for verifying a case has been received (I believe it's Option 3, and may be worded a bit differently than that). As long as they've received your case, they should be able to give you a case number over the phone.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Another question for you all...

I have copies of my tax returns from Turbo tax going back to 2014 and W-2s as well. However, I was reading that teh tax returns need to be certified? Does that sound right? I'm not exactly sure what a "certified" copy means.

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

NVC # Received - January 31, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

Another question for you all...

I have copies of my tax returns from Turbo tax going back to 2014 and W-2s as well. However, I was reading that teh tax returns need to be certified? Does that sound right? I'm not exactly sure what a "certified" copy means.

Nope, the returns are fine - but you should include the supporting documentation (W-2s, 1099s, etc) if you go this route.  I think you're thinking of tax transcripts, which are full copies of your returns from the IRS.  You can get them through the mail for free from their website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.