pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
32 minutes ago, GioRod said:

hello

I don't know how accurate the site is but there is processing times based on the users from the site if you click on ap or ead it shows you what date is being worked on AP's being processed rite now are January 12th and EAD January 5th kind of to give you and idea. I'm still waiting as well day 134 for ap and 97 days for EAD my EAD is behind since I signed an outdated form sucks but yea reset my clock. 

Hope everyone is having a good day 

Please share link of website you found this processing time. Thanks!

Just now, simonvikih79 said:

Please share link of website you found this processing time. Thanks!

ok it is here on visa journey on the top tab I'm going to send the link when you open it you will see read letters in black.

www.visajourney.com/timeline/ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
21 hours ago, janet3 said:

Okie dokie......

Today marks the 150 day for me. I am still waiting for AP/EAD. It’s been 5 months ya’ll. I’m starting to think I’m cursed in some way..,,,:huh:

Ugh you’re not alone... day 145 here

Good morning guy’s 

Good news for my wife AP only has been approved today recieved an email this morning showing action has been taken on her case .No work on work permit hope everyone is having a good day 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 hours ago, bigtam said:

Day 170 :(

Sorry to hear that. :(

Our case status just changed to "New Card is being produced". Yay!!!!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, WafaAamir said:

OMG I thought it was extra... I’m sending that in thn ... thank you soo much 

If you are going to apply now for EAD & AP, make sure you include a copy of your NOA1 from your I-485.  It lets them know that the fee should be waived.

In the event your GC gets approved before they do, they simply close the other two filings.

Finally done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I saw this notification today:

On June 19, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number ************. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidenceIf you do not receive your request for evidence by July 19, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

I have a feeling that this will delay my husband's EAD process which breaks my heart. Is there anything positive to take from this? Like that they have finally touched our case and once we send in the evidence it won't be much longer? Need positive vibes! We are on day 144 today!

Side note: Why did they only give me a day to report if I received the RFE? They didn't even email me, I just saw this today....

Thanks,

Rae

3 hours ago, Rae Bulin said:

I saw this notification today:

On June 19, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number ************. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidenceIf you do not receive your request for evidence by July 19, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

I have a feeling that this will delay my husband's EAD process which breaks my heart. Is there anything positive to take from this? Like that they have finally touched our case and once we send in the evidence it won't be much longer? Need positive vibes! We are on day 144 today!

Side note: Why did they only give me a day to report if I received the RFE? They didn't even email me, I just saw this today....

Thanks,

Rae

Hello 

This would not affect his EAD because its an RFE is for the I485 now if you have gotten A RFE For EAD(work Permit )then yes of course it would affect it. When I submitted my paper work I got An RFE for the i485 about the household size area that it could not be 0. Then I also got a RFE for EAD stating it was filled out on a outdated from I had to re send it in and it reset my clock for EAD. So now my wife advance parole was approved few days ago and we are still waiting for EAD(work permit) Hope this helps and it is not confusing.  Something else to keep in mind just because the application was sent in all together they do get separated  as they are different applications.

Feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Hope every one is having a good day :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, GioRod said:

Hello 

This would not affect his EAD because its an RFE is for the I485 now if you have gotten A RFE For EAD(work Permit )then yes of course it would affect it. When I submitted my paper work I got An RFE for the i485 about the household size area that it could not be 0. Then I also got a RFE for EAD stating it was filled out on a outdated from I had to re send it in and it reset my clock for EAD. So now my wife advance parole was approved few days ago and we are still waiting for EAD(work permit) Hope this helps and it is not confusing.  Something else to keep in mind just because the application was sent in all together they do get separated  as they are different applications.

Feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Hope every one is having a good day :)

Hello Guys,

Actually GioRod, it will pause and delay a bit his EAD, but it is not as bad as you think @Rae Bulin

Since the EAD eligibility is from your AOS, they are linked, and all adjudications are stopped. An IO told me over the phone and it is state on their website.

When you search on the USCIS website about RFE/RFIE, I couldnt find the link again sorry, it tells you that in theory it resets the clock on all your applications but the reality is different; we all know with USCIS the theory is so different than the reality. I went thru that scare but dont worry it is not as bad.

I am a January filer, I got a RFiE and received my EAD in about 4.5 months, but I received the RFIE earlier in the process, you can see my timeline for details. 

The key is to respond to it very fast, and give them everything or more (if they are requesting affidavit or tax stuff for example) that they ask, to be sure they accept your response. Responding within a week of receiving the letter is ideal, if whatever they ask for is easy to get, but within a few weeks is still okay. The earlier they receive it, the earlier the EAD will be approved.

I have seen multiple times here on VJ, similar to you when they received a RFE later in the process and in those cases the EAD is approved shortly after they acknowledge receiving your response.

I hope you get the letter fast and it is an easy fix

Have a good weekend

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

1 minute ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello Guys,

Actually GioRod, it will pause and delay a bit his EAD, but it is not as bad as you think @Rae Bulin

Since the EAD eligibility is from your AOS, they are linked, and all adjudications are stopped. An IO told me over the phone and it is state on their website.

When you search on the USCIS website about RFE/RFIE, I couldnt find the link again sorry, it tells you that in theory it resets the clock on all your applications but the reality is different; we all know with USCIS the theory is so different than the reality. I went thru that scare but dont worry it is not as bad.

I am a January filer, I got a RFiE and received my EAD in about 4.5 months, but I received the RFIE earlier in the process, you can see my timeline for details. 

The key is to respond to it very fast, and give them everything or more (if they are requesting affidavit or tax stuff for example) that they ask, to be sure they accept your response. Responding within a week of receiving the letter is ideal, if whatever they ask for is easy to get, but within a few weeks is still okay. The earlier they receive it, the earlier the EAD will be approved.

I have seen multiple times here on VJ, similar to you when they received a RFE later in the process and in those cases the EAD is approved shortly after they acknowledge receiving your response.

I hope you get the letter fast and it is an easy fix

Have a good weekend

Cool cool thanks for your input as well :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for the positive vibes!! 

So the RFE requested two things: the I-864 from me and additional evidence from my joint sponsor.

I made a huge mistake by not filing an I-864 myself. I figured that I didn't need to since I am not financially able to support my husband. Instead, I had my dad file the I-864 as my joint-sponsor. 

Now I have to provide additional evidence to support the tax return that my dad provided. So here is my question! My dad filed a joint-tax return since he is married; however, his income alone is enough to support my husband. So would it be okay if I only provided his W2 information and not his wife's? I've read on other blogs that I would only need her W2 if I needed both of their incomes....

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

-Rae

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey let’s make sure we use RFE/RFIE correctly. Sorry to hear that RFIE this late in process is borderline criminal. For sure it will slow or reset case if you dont fix it fast. Once you file everything just call them to make sure pause on casevis gone. Then reach out to ombudsman asap explain how lon you waited, urgency, why an RFIE so late for a simple form mess up. 

Not sure how many w2’s, but seems you got this response ready to get sent back asap.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.