mery mery

K3 visa process

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello everyone!! Im currently from morocco married to an american, we're trying to submit the  I130 by the end  of next week. im wondering if we can sumbit an I129f with an I130 or if we need to wait  after filling the I130 to receive an I797 to submit with an I129f ?.  My husband believes this process will take 28 weeks. can u guys tell us how long this process takes! and is there any chance to get the K3 visa?  and how does the interview go at the American Embassy in morocco? Can they deny my visa? and  If anybody works at the navy Id like to ask him/her few questions!! thats going to be more helpful.

thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

USCIS says a spouse visa takes a year, but because of the current processing times at USCIS everything is taking longer and longer every day. Expect a lot of time and a lot of waiting around for a spouse visa. Apply ASAP.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

129F is only for fiancé visa. If you’re married, you’re not longer a fiancé. 

owe okay. have u got any idea about what we re supposed to do ?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

28 weeks is not realistic.  The spousal visa is closer to 14 months.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, mery mery said:

mmm is there any chance for them to deny my visa in morocco?

There is always a chance.  Morocco is considered to be a high fraud country.  Therefore, it is very important to "front load" your petition with QUALITY evidence....

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As others have already said, the K3 visa is no longer a viable option. You will need to file the I-130 for the CR1 spousal visa.

The process is taking anywhere from 9 months to 14+ months. Casablanca is an incredibly difficult consulate to go through the visa interview, and yes they can and do deny spousal visas. How long have you and your spouse known each other? How often have they visited you in Morocco? Do you have a large age difference? All of these things are things that the consulate in Casablanca look at when when determining a visa approval. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

we are both young  im 21 and hes 24. his family attended the wedding here in morocco. we actually talked for 5 months before getting married and he only visited once. he stayed for 3 weeks for the marriage process and hes getting back   for a visit on feb. is it gonna be hard for us ?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well your ages shouldn't be an issue, so that's good. I'm going to assume you are both muslim as well, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Marriage on the first visit can cause the consulate to pause, because it's a bit of a red flag to marry someone you have never met in person before the very first time that you met them in person. It's honestly difficult to say if the process will be 'hard' or not. As others have mentioned, having a lot of good quality relationship evidence can make a huge difference, and it is very necessary 'front load' your petition with chat/call logs, photos, especially photos with both of your families. No one can really say if the visa will be approved or denied, as that all depends on how well he does at the interview and how the CO feels about the case.

Additional visits will certainly help, so if I were you I would maybe wait until after his 2nd visit in February to file. That way you can use the evidence from that visit in your petition. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Well your ages shouldn't be an issue, so that's good. I'm going to assume you are both muslim as well, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Marriage on the first visit can cause the consulate to pause, because it's a bit of a red flag to marry someone you have never met in person before the very first time that you met them in person. It's honestly difficult to say if the process will be 'hard' or not. As others have mentioned, having a lot of good quality relationship evidence can make a huge difference, and it is very necessary 'front load' your petition with chat/call logs, photos, especially photos with both of your families. No one can really say if the visa will be approved or denied, as that all depends on how well he does at the interview and how the CO feels about the case.

Additional visits will certainly help, so if I were you I would maybe wait until after his 2nd visit in February to file. That way you can use the evidence from that visit in your petition. 

he actually still going to visit on feb, june  and september too. and hes gonna  be staying for 2 weeks each time hes here. i don't think we going to face any problems with the embassy if thats  the case. but we never know what would happen. we re hopping all goes well for us. As i heared many stories about the US embassy in casablanca and how strict they are. but yet we're still optimistic because our marriage is real

Timeline

Hi,

The K-1 Process is not open to you because you are married

The K-3 visa process is no longer processed by USCIS or NVC

The Consulate can deny the visa for multiple reasons including they just don't believe its a real marriage.

Ally & Omar

Timeline to Immigrate to the United States of America -

Travel back to our Moroccan Home from Casa: 10/17/2014

Husband submits for vacation from Protection Civile: 10/28/2015

Husband submits for demission from Protection Civile :11/10/2014

I travel personally to the Main Office of the Protection Civile in Rabat and submit a Dolence: 12/09/2014

I travel back to the USA in preparation of the birth of our baby - 12/18/2014

Husband travels back to Rabat to the main office of the Protection Civile and meets with "Head of Human resources" and told to resubmit his vacation request - told his request will be approved by 1/15/ 2015: 1/07/2015

Husband asks commander to call main office of Protection Civile to check the status of the new vacation request and is told no one but the general can approve his request and he is on vacation: 1/28/2015

Husband stops going to work for the Protection Civile in protest: 1/29/2015

We hire a lawyer in Casablanca to help my husbands case with regards to the Protection Civile : 02/2015

Lawyer sends letter to the Main office of the Protection Civile - 02/04/2015

Our daughter is born with my husband still stuck in Morocco - 2/09/2015

Direction (Main Office) of the Protection Civile Sends out Alert Letter to my husband and my husband picks it up on- 02/13/2015

Husband goes to US Consulate to request an extension of his visa - US Consulate says they won't extend his visa however they can issue him a new one at the cost of 3000DH/ $311 -/+ and to come back the last week of the month to get his second visa- 3/08/2015

Husband returns to the US Consulate and picks up *NEW VISA* with expiration date of 09/22/2015 on: 03/26/2015

Husband's first visa expires: 04/08/2015

Protection Civile continues to pay my husband - 04/2015

The lawyer sends letters to the Ministry of the Interior - 04//2015

My husband seeks help from the Prime Minister of Morocco's political party and called the lawyer to set an appointment to check on his case: 05/6/2015

My husband seeks help from a second lawyer when the first one proves unhelpful: 05/07/2015

My husband goes to Parliment to follow up with the Prime Minister's party - set a follow up appointment at a cafe the next day: 05/08/2015

I send a letter to the Moroccan Ambassador to the United States asking for help with my husband's case (registered mail): 05/26/2015

I go to Sen. Diane Feinstein's office seeking help with my husband's demission from the Protection Civile: 05/27/2015

I go to Sen. Barbara Boxer's office seeking help with my husband's demission from the Protection Civile: 05/28/2015

My husband returns to hometown in Morocco and returned his materials, the message awaiting him says "Demission Favorable.": 06/11/2015

Lots of running around to meetings and trying to get the authorization to leave Morocco by my husband: 07/2015

Husband goes to CMN airport trying to get paperwork authorizing him to leave Morocco and with the help of some powerful people GETS THE AUTHORIZATION: 07/23/2015 :dancing:

My husband leaves Morocco and arrives in the U.S.A. and meets his daughter for the first time at SFO airport: 07/27/2015

event.png

bzBsm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.