Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

How can you tell what the current "Normal" processing times are? Because we are all certainly outside of the old normal processing times. I'm considering writing letters to my senators/congresspeople, but I've heard they can't help you until you're outside of the normal wait time.

How does anyone tell what a normal wait time is these days?! And can the normal wait time just keep increasing like this?

tl;dr--How soon can I start calling people and asking them to help me expedite this?

Nora

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Nora S said:

Hey guys,

How can you tell what the current "Normal" processing times are? Because we are all certainly outside of the old normal processing times. I'm considering writing letters to my senators/congresspeople, but I've heard they can't help you until you're outside of the normal wait time.

How does anyone tell what a normal wait time is these days?! And can the normal wait time just keep increasing like this?

tl;dr--How soon can I start calling people and asking them to help me expedite this?

Nora

Hi Nora, 

Old processing times vs. New processing times are completely different. If you look on the USCIS websites the new website gives you dates from which you enquire about the status your case. Unfortunately we aren’t out of normal processing times. They estimate 5-7 months as prescribed on the USCIS website, therefore you can enquire after 210 days from the date of your notification. There’s no guarantees as some will wait longer than 210 days as we have seen from May/June. Everything is unpredictable and who knows what’s round the corner. I’m a realist and just going with the flow is best thing. Who knows what else may happen?! Keeping faith is all we can do.

No letters will suffice sadly. Until then it simply is waiting, waiting and then some. There is a higher level of scrutiny in this era and why we are waiting longer. The previous short waiting time for NOA1 to NOA2 are long gone at the moment. It will never be like that again, maybe may change in few years; who knows. We all feel you and understand what your feeling! I have a trip to the US booked for 1st week of June to break waiting time up. Stay strong ❤️

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 hours ago, jakejon said:

My NOA1 was 12/29/17. I think 2-3 months depending on Embassy is realistic. I think August was be extremely tight. September and October for interviews/POE would be realistic as you should always expect the unexpected. August would be amazing though but I’m not so hopeful for that’s personally especially with my NOA1 date. I’m expecting an RFE too 

Hmm, I mean, if they keep up the speed at which they are at right now (keep going through months in <30 days) then I think December should start seeing approvals by late May or even sooner. 

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
9 hours ago, jakejon said:

No, I don’t want to be negative but I think September/October sounds right for me as I filed late December and am expecting an RFE. But I want us to all be done by mid October. I also didn’t add in that I’m going to work for a few weeks and won’t go straight away as I need to build up money for AOS. Sorry if it sounded negative. I’m always a mindset expect the worst with the best filtering through xx

Why are you expecting an RFE?? :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Cleo_C said:

Why are you expecting an RFE?? :( 

With the amount of RFEs lately, some of which are for no reason, we are operating under a very cautious timeline. If you expect the worst, nothing will ever surprise you :) and if we end up getting word earlier, then happy days!  

btw, this is the USC Jake typing, Jon is usually the one writing these. Hi everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
18 hours ago, jakejon said:

With the amount of RFEs lately, some of which are for no reason, we are operating under a very cautious timeline. If you expect the worst, nothing will ever surprise you :) and if we end up getting word earlier, then happy days!  

btw, this is the USC Jake typing, Jon is usually the one writing these. Hi everyone!

I like this and its true.  Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.  Good luck you two.  Here is hoping that none of us have to deal with an RFE.  

On 3/21/2018 at 11:29 PM, Katrina Roa said:

hi december filers!

i wanted to ask a few questions:

1. any december 21, 2017 received date  filers here?  (i was considering to make a little group chat in facebook for that specific group of filers where uscis recieved their case on that date, since i noticed that uscis is processing k1 visas by their received date based on the august and september filers which i follow).

2. then any december 2017 (manila embassy) filers here? (i was also considering to make a little group chat in facebook for those specific people who share the same embassy as me so we could update each other there for like current times and procedures and specific experiences at specific officec like cfo, slc and usem there).

@Naes
hey naes, i knew i could see it before, but now not so sure how i ended up there or if i remember correctly. but i wanted to like check how many dec 21, 2017 filers are there. i asked you since you usually do that table thingy where you had the number of people who filed on that day. so i kinda have an idea how many i'm gonna be sharing that date with. always nice to be able to support each other specially when the date is coming closer. 

Hi, Mostly a lurker here but I filed December 13, 2017 and NOA1 was December 18, 2018. We'll also be filing at the Manila Embassy and  I would love to join your facebook group

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. Been trying to not think about our application, but now I can't stop thinking about it. Glad to see there are some people out there just like me. I have a few questions that I hope someone could help me with. What are touched cases? Our NOA1 is Dec 14, and online the last update was Jan 5. Does that mean our case was touched? And what are these silent NOA2? Does that mean they only notify you by letter and not online?

Good luck to everyone! Hope we don't need to wait much longer!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, NeajNailluj said:

Hi, Mostly a lurker here but I filed December 13, 2017 and NOA1 was December 18, 2018. We'll also be filing at the Manila Embassy and  I would love to join your facebook group

Hi december filer here and we'll also be filing at the manila embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Day 111 since the NOA1. Counting the days. I miss my fiance so very much. Gosh this waiting upon the NOA2 is really hard. I wish they could create a faster process for couples. Being apart from him is very hard for me. Soon I hope we get good news. Then the Medical, interview, POE and happy ever after. Can't wait to start my life with him. Just have to keep my head down and keep the positive vibe going.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 hours ago, isla543 said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. Been trying to not think about our application, but now I can't stop thinking about it. Glad to see there are some people out there just like me. I have a few questions that I hope someone could help me with. What are touched cases? Our NOA1 is Dec 14, and online the last update was Jan 5. Does that mean our case was touched? And what are these silent NOA2? Does that mean they only notify you by letter and not online?

Good luck to everyone! Hope we don't need to wait much longer!! :)

Welcome Isla ^_^ We have a very warm and welcoming community here. So make yourself at home.

Touched cases are cases that have been handled by someone after they were filed. Most of the December cases got touched in the first week of January cause they moved the cases to the new system. Unfortunately that does not mean your case was looked at, just transferred.

And you are 100% right on the silent NOA2. That means they are not updated on the online systems, nor through email. You won't know till you get the letter in the mailbox.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Welcome Isla ^_^ We have a very warm and welcoming community here. So make yourself at home.

Touched cases are cases that have been handled by someone after they were filed. Most of the December cases got touched in the first week of January cause they moved the cases to the new system. Unfortunately that does not mean your case was looked at, just transferred.

And you are 100% right on the silent NOA2. That means they are not updated on the online systems, nor through email. You won't know till you get the letter in the mailbox.

Thank you so much for the info! I hope we all start getting those NOA2 soon! Seems like they've made it to the October batch.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, isla543 said:

Thank you so much for the info! I hope we all start getting those NOA2 soon! Seems like they've made it to the October batch.

They sure did! October is going fast already. Don't hesitate dropping in on the earlier months. It is so rewarding to see others get their NOA-2.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

On 3/22/2018 at 1:29 AM, Katrina Roa said:

hi december filers!

i wanted to ask a few questions:

1. any december 21, 2017 received date  filers here?  (i was considering to make a little group chat in facebook for that specific group of filers where uscis recieved their case on that date, since i noticed that uscis is processing k1 visas by their received date based on the august and september filers which i follow).

2. then any december 2017 (manila embassy) filers here? (i was also considering to make a little group chat in facebook for those specific people who share the same embassy as me so we could update each other there for like current times and procedures and specific experiences at specific officec like cfo, slc and usem there).

@Naes
hey naes, i knew i could see it before, but now not so sure how i ended up there or if i remember correctly. but i wanted to like check how many dec 21, 2017 filers are there. i asked you since you usually do that table thingy where you had the number of people who filed on that day. so i kinda have an idea how many i'm gonna be sharing that date with. always nice to be able to support each other specially when the date is coming closer. 

We are December 26 filers and out of Manila also.  We have been mostly just watching updates but getting excited about how it's moving faster now.  My fiance is in QC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.