Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone, hope you guys had a marvelous weekend. Currently on day 110 since we mailed our I-129F packet so naturally I am getting quite anxious as we draw closer to December approvals. I was looking through a copy of my I-129F just now and I realized that the "Mailing Address for your Beneficiary" is different from "Beneficiary's Physical Address Abroad".

For "Mailing Address for your Beneficiary", I entered my fiance's US address, which is approximately 10 min drive from my house (it is his aunt's apartment for which he used as his mailing address in the past 5 years living in the US with a F1 visa). Also, another reason why I used his US address must be because of the I-129F instructions "Item Numbers 11.a. - 11.i. Mailing Address for Your Beneficiary. Provide your beneficiary’s current mailing address. Provide the mailing address in the United States, if he or she has one."

For "Beneficiary's Physical Address Abroad", I have put down the address that he currently resides in Jakarta, where I hope is the address USCIS/Embassy will use to mail the Visa Packets to.

My question is, between the 2 address provided, which address will the USCIS/US Embassy use to mail the Visa Packets? Also, will address change possibly delay my NOA2? Thank you in advance!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, nj2202 said:

My question is, between the 2 address provided, which address will the USCIS/US Embassy use to mail the Visa Packets? Also, will address change possibly delay my NOA2? Thank you in advance!! :)

It appears that the Jakarta Embassy will email the Packet 3.   During completion of the DS-160 Visa application the Beneficiary will provide their mailing address for return of their passport/visa.   See thread below for more info:

But to answer your question, I would assume that "Mailing Address for your Beneficiary" on the I-129F form would be where USCIS would send mail, but in your case I assume it is not utilized.   Review this thread for more info:

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 hours ago, JoelThai said:

It appears that the Jakarta Embassy will email the Packet 3.   During completion of the DS-160 Visa application the Beneficiary will provide their mailing address for return of their passport/visa.   See thread below for more info:

But to answer your question, I would assume that "Mailing Address for your Beneficiary" on the I-129F form would be where USCIS would send mail, but in your case I assume it is not utilized.   Review this thread for more info:

Awesome, thank you so much for your help!!! This link sure is informative :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Guys did you see this?

Can this be? November already :)

page.png email-contact-green.gif blank avatar Maria & Joselo Dominican Republic.gif Dominican Republic California No 2017-11-20 2018-04-03   N/A 2 hours ago

12 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

san someone tell me what is the RFE? How do you get that? Is it something that you get before the NOA2?

I believe that you get RFE before actually getting your NOA2. It's a Request fo Additional Evidence. It could be something very simple like Beneficiary's Letter of Intent is missing (even though you might have actually sent one :blink:) or missing a divorce decree signed by a judge or something more serious like additional evidence of a crime you commited in 1985 (true story). I read somewhere that getting RFE can add up to one month to your K1 process but recently I have seen couples getting their NOA2 three days after mailing the RFE response. So it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, at least you  know they are working on your case :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

Can someone tell me what is the RFE? How do you get that? Is it something that you get before the NOA2?

Simply “request for additional evidence”

you wont get an approval if they have a question in mind and need more evidence for something or something in the form was wrong etc. so it comes before noa2 if it comes. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

Simply “request for additional evidence”

you wont get an approval if they have a question in mind and need more evidence for something or something in the form was wrong etc. so it comes before noa2 if it comes. 

Oh now it makes sense. So if you do not receive such thing then everything seems to be okay then. I just hope we covered everything. I believe we did. :)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, I.Kat said:

I believe that you get RFE before actually getting your NOA2. It's a Request fo Additional Evidence. It could be something very simple like Beneficiary's Letter of Intent is missing (even though you might have actually sent one :blink:) or missing a divorce decree signed by a judge or something more serious like additional evidence of a crime you commited in 1985 (true story). I read somewhere that getting RFE can add up to one month to your K1 process but recently I have seen couples getting their NOA2 three days after mailing the RFE response. So it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, at least you  know they are working on your case :)

That makes sense. Thank you for explaining to me about this RFE. I am still new with all the terms of this K1 process. Let's keep our fingers cross and have faith that everything goes well. I just hope that the NOA2 comes soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

Oh now it makes sense. So if you do not receive such thing then everything seems to be okay then. I just hope we covered everything. I believe we did. :)

Unfortunately USCIS seems the need to hit a quota of RFE's or something cause people are getting RFE's for things they already sent. So even if you get one, it's no big deal. Overall after receiving the additional evidence they requested the approve within a few days.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Omg guys can I get some prayers coming my way please. I am currently selling the house I had with my ex and we are having a real hard time with it due to several problems (e.g. a pit the size of an office building in our back yard due to stopping all construction and demolition activities by the city because we found asbestos in cellars that previous owner didn't disclose upon selling to us, and yes the asbestos is still there). I'm afraid we have to sell it for way less than what the mortgage on it is, putting me up to my neck up in debt before moving to America. Not the grand start to my new life I had hoped for.

but we got a new offer on the house today and its almost exactly the amount we need. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that this offer comes through.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

Omg guys can I get some prayers coming my way please. I am currently selling the house I had with my ex and we are having a real hard time with it due to several problems (e.g. a pit the size of an office building in our back yard due to stopping all construction and demolition activities by the city because we found asbestos in cellars that previous owner didn't disclose upon selling to us, and yes the asbestos is still there). I'm afraid we have to sell it for way less than what the mortgage on it is, putting me up to my neck up in debt before moving to America. Not the grand start to my new life I had hoped for.

but we got a new offer on the house today and its almost exactly the amount we need. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that this offer comes through.

Good Luck! Sending thoughts and prayers your way! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

Guys did you see this?

Can this be? November already :)

page.png email-contact-green.gif blank avatar Maria & Joselo Dominican Republic.gif Dominican Republic California No 2017-11-20 2018-04-03   N/A 2 hours ago

Could you please tell me where you found this? It's so exciting! I was looking through "Processing Status: Igor's list" and I didn't see it there. Was excited that they were processing October applications last week, but now they're on November?? Super Exciting!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, isla543 said:

Could you please tell me where you found this? It's so exciting! I was looking through "Processing Status: Igor's list" and I didn't see it there. Was excited that they were processing October applications last week, but now they're on November?? Super Exciting!!

No they’re not on November.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.