Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

Yes it does ask a lot of faith and patience. I just wish and hope everyday for some light and hope. I miss my fiance so very much. It's torture to be so far apart. Soon... will keep the positive vibe going.

We'll get there girl. We got you. ;)

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
Just now, Little_Vixen said:

We'll get there girl. We got you. ;)

Soon. I can't wait. My fiance's birthday is in July. I hope by then we have a interview date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, ameownow1 said:

When we began this process I had no idea that there were so many others going through the same thing! I'm so thankful for these forums.  So much helpful info and comfort.  I'm curious how others met their fiance.  I'm from Michigan, Kevin is from England. And we met playing online yatzee!

I'm so thankful to have others to go through this journey with. 

Hii!! Since we started the process I find myself so calm and happy that there's a lot of people willing to help or give advise even when they're going through the same situation themselves! it's comforting in so many ways, and I really can't wait for all of us to get in the next phase, for now we're here to go crazy together till the news come :P Oh, I'm from Argentina and Ryan is from Arizona, we met at a dating app called OkCupid (I always get embarrased because it's kinda lame for some people) although I had a really good experience with it as you can see.. :wub: he was just the sweetest guy and we talked the first day for like 8 hours! it was a great day. Ugh, now I remember that day and I get all the feels.. Anyways, I'm thankful that we're together in this, and hopefully in a month or two, we're celebrating one by one :wub::jest:

Edited by Jo&Ryan

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

I live in New England and my fiance lives in Cuba.  We are both in graduate school (me here and him in Cuba) studying ecology- with a focus on birds.  We met while I was at a regional bird conference in Cuba and we've been counting birds together ever since :)  

The most frustrating part of the process for us Cuba filers is that the US Embassy in Havana was effectively closed on 29 Sept, and last month the administration ordered it not to reopen to issue visas indefinitely.  At first, all Cubans were being rerouted to the US Embassy in Bogota, and just last week they've changed that to Guyana.  It's a big extra expense for a trip for two to Guyana and have all the appointments there prior to the interview, and stay for 1.5-2 weeks.  We are treating it like an adventure, but its added stress to an already confusing process.  I can't wait for this to be done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I am with LoveBird.   My fiancé lives in Cuba also.  We are both from the same town in Cuba and spend our teens years in a relationship (first and only love, they way things are now) until I left to the US.  22 years later an we are finally looking forward to get married and spend our lives together. (one would think that if we waited 22 years to be together,  a few months are nothing, but we are as inpatient as everyone one here  :-)   We are also treating the Guyana issue as an adventure, I have travel around the world but it will be her first tine outside Cuba, extra expense, yes, but looking forward to the adventure. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, LoveBird said:

I live in New England and my fiance lives in Cuba.  We are both in graduate school (me here and him in Cuba) studying ecology- with a focus on birds.  We met while I was at a regional bird conference in Cuba and we've been counting birds together ever since :)  

The most frustrating part of the process for us Cuba filers is that the US Embassy in Havana was effectively closed on 29 Sept, and last month the administration ordered it not to reopen to issue visas indefinitely.  At first, all Cubans were being rerouted to the US Embassy in Bogota, and just last week they've changed that to Guyana.  It's a big extra expense for a trip for two to Guyana and have all the appointments there prior to the interview, and stay for 1.5-2 weeks.  We are treating it like an adventure, but its added stress to an already confusing process.  I can't wait for this to be done!

That is so cute!! And I'm sorry that you guys have to deal with that, seems unfair because it puts extra stress on this process. I really hope you guys can make it through, it will be all worth it in the end! :wub:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, guines2127 said:

I am with LoveBird.   My fiancé lives in Cuba also.  We are both from the same town in Cuba and spend our teens years in a relationship (first and only love, they way things are now) until I left to the US.  22 years later an we are finally looking forward to get married and spend our lives together. (one would think that if we waited 22 years to be together,  a few months are nothing, but we are as inpatient as everyone one here  :-)   We are also treating the Guyana issue as an adventure, I have travel around the world but it will be her first tine outside Cuba, extra expense, yes, but looking forward to the adventure. 

Same that I said to LoveBird, I'm sorry that this situation is worse for the two of you and all the people going through this process in Cuba, it's really unfair the extra stress and time that adds to this, but I'm sure time would go quickly and you guys can enjoy each other's company again. We're in this together and I wish you the best :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jo&Ryan said:

Same that I said to LoveBird, I'm sorry that this situation is worse for the two of you and all the people going through this process in Cuba, it's really unfair the extra stress and time that adds to this, but I'm sure time would go quickly and you guys can enjoy each other's company again. We're in this together and I wish you the best :wub:

Thanks you!  It is unfair but I like to look a the god side of things that I cannot control.  I am planning to make the best of those 2 weeks in Guyana, beautiful country for what I can see online and tons of things to see and do.  I am also lucky enough that I can travel to Cuba once a month and be with her 2-3 days.  It makes the wait more endurable.  We are definitely all in this together and wish all here the best of luck and a fast  approved NOA2! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jo&Ryan said:

Hii!! Since we started the process I find myself so calm and happy that there's a lot of people willing to help or give advise even when they're going through the same situation themselves! it's comforting in so many ways, and I really can't wait for all of us to get in the next phase, for now we're here to go crazy together till the news come :P Oh, I'm from Argentina and Ryan is from Arizona, we met at a dating app called OkCupid (I always get embarrased because it's kinda lame for some people) although I had a really good experience with it as you can see.. :wub: he was just the sweetest guy and we talked the first day for like 8 hours! it was a great day. Ugh, now I remember that day and I get all the feels.. Anyways, I'm thankful that we're together in this, and hopefully in a month or two, we're celebrating one by one :wub::jest:

OkCupid is cute. I like it! It's great that we have found our soul mates, but it's a bummer they are so far away.  It's hard being apart.  And we have a 5 hour time difference so that make it a little tricky to talk sometimes, but we make it work! I can't wait for them to start on December cases!  We will all get through this together! It's nice to meet everyone!

Timeline
13 hours ago, LoveBird said:

Awwww...I love your story of how you met❤ I'm sorry about all the hassle with the embassy.  I'm with you...I can't wait for this to be over. We just want to start our new lives together!

Timeline

I used to enjoy weekends.  Now I just wish them along, so they can start working on cases again on Monday! Lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I live in India and my Fiance lives in U.S.  We have applied K1 VISA on Dec 6th and our NOA1 was received on Dec 15th.  I'm the Beneficiary.

Need advise on PCC. As i have lived in Australia for 4 years, do I have to apply for a PCC from Australia as well?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 hours ago, Gauthami said:

Hi,

I live in India and my Fiance lives in U.S.  We have applied K1 VISA on Dec 6th and our NOA1 was received on Dec 15th.  I'm the Beneficiary.

Need advise on PCC. As i have lived in Australia for 4 years, do I have to apply for a PCC from Australia as well?

It appears so if you lived there for at least one year after the age of 16...   From the Packet 4 instructions:  

https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2017/02/ND-K1-Packet-4.pdf

FOREIGN POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE: If you have resided in any other country for one year or more after the age of 16, you may also be required to submit a police certificate for this country. Check the visa reciprocity table on the website for each country you have lived in to determine if a police clearance certificate is required and how to obtain it.

Reciprocity Schedule for Australia

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/aus-csi.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 4/6/2018 at 2:57 PM, Jo&Ryan said:

No need to be ashamed girl. My Fiance and I met on Singles2meet.com (South African dating site) during the Hurricane Irma last year September 2017. He is originally from South Africa but got his citizenship some years ago in Florida USA. He lives there 28 years now. We met online and just clicked. From the first email we build a relationship on communication and trust. He came to visit me in November 2017 and we had 3 wonderful weeks vacation together and got engaged end November 2017. I've met his parents in person (They still lives here in SA) and he got the chance to meet my parents in person too. Both parents gave blessings and we started the K1 visa on the 4th December 2017. Ever since we are madly in love with each other and counting the days to finally be together. It does not matter how you meet. What really matters is that you are genuinely in love and plans to spend the rest of your life's together. The rest is just detail. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.