Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, GarryAndMarie said:

Looking for some VJ Junie family feedback on photo requirements - both of our passport photos (taken back in May at a professional photographer's studio in the Philippines) were rejected by USCIS via RFE on Dec 12. My fiancee had another photographer take a new photo yesterday, and I am a little concerned that the background isn't quite right, though the new photographer says it's fine. So asking, before we submit this one, what do you all think? Is this good enough? I am unnecessarily worried? She actually went back to the original photographer first, who provided a second set of pixelated photos with digitally modified background (which is why we think the first set were rejected & caused the RFE), so she gave up on them & then went to a second one - who did the same thing!... before finding a third who used a high quality camera & natural white fabric studio background. So I'm really nervous about this, and she is frustrated but understanding of the importance in getting it right in our RFE response. Please advise... thank you!

PassportPhoto.jpg

I'm not sure why it was rejected, did they tell you why? It might not be the background for the reason of rejection. It could be the size of photo and or the size of the head in the photo.

Below is the guidelines:

- Neutral expression with both eyes open. No squinting.
- Camera should be four feet from subject and at eye level.
- Background must be white or off-white.
- Must be in color.
- No more than 30 days old.
- Photo must be 2 inches x 2 inches or...
- International size, 35mm x 45mm are also acceptable.
- The head must be between 1 inch tall & 1- 3/8th's inches tall.
- No glasses of any kind.
- No hats or headgear unless worn daily for religious reasons.
- No work uniforms of any type, including military.
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.

Passport Photo Guidelines
Unless you are a professional photographer, it is not a good idea to create your own passport photos. Most drug
stores now sell passport photos and are generally cheaper than photo studios. Wherever you get your pictures,
examine them closely before you pay and reject them if they don't meet these guidelines.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
19 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

As Squirrel mentioned, it makes them look good with lower year end figures.

Yep makes perfect sense.

10 minutes ago, purplepink said:

I did it!

I paid $580 for a usually $300 ticket to spend 4 days with him. 

:(

Well worth it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

I'm not sure why it was rejected, did they tell you why? It might not be the background for the reason of rejection. It could be the size of photo and or the size of the head in the photo.

Below is the guidelines:

- Neutral expression with both eyes open. No squinting.
- Camera should be four feet from subject and at eye level.
- Background must be white or off-white.
- Must be in color.
- No more than 30 days old.
- Photo must be 2 inches x 2 inches or...
- International size, 35mm x 45mm are also acceptable.
- The head must be between 1 inch tall & 1- 3/8th's inches tall.
- No glasses of any kind.
- No hats or headgear unless worn daily for religious reasons.
- No work uniforms of any type, including military.
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.

Passport Photo Guidelines
Unless you are a professional photographer, it is not a good idea to create your own passport photos. Most drug
stores now sell passport photos and are generally cheaper than photo studios. Wherever you get your pictures,
examine them closely before you pay and reject them if they don't meet these guidelines.

It's definitely the background. It needs to be one uniform color 

22 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

As Squirrel mentioned, it makes them look good with lower year end figures.

As i understand USCIS is pretty much self funded by our/worker petitions, but most Government and businesses will not hire new employees unless they can show there is a need.   So the slow down may be two fold, one slowing down for numbers as mentioned above, and also using numbers to justify more staff is needed.   (hopefully they can get more employees, but will take time to train and catch up.   Then they do not want to catch too quickly or it shows over staffed.  (ah, the balance for HR.)

June 9th NOA1          December 15th NOA2      January 18th NVC Received

January 29th NVC Number     January 31 NVC left    Feb 5th Embassy Received

Feb 9th Filed DS-160 and scheduled interview      March 21st Medical 😭   March 27 second medical 

April 02 medical results   Interview: Grandmother's Birthday. :)  Arrival of Fiancee: 04/13/2018

Wedding Date: 5/27/2018  AOS sent: 6/02/2018 Bio-meterics 8/17/2018  Approved 2 year Green Card: 10/10/2018 Notice of Action 10/15/2018

2 Year conditional Green Card 10/17/2018  Now living our life keeping in mind to fill paperwork for 10 year card 7/20/2020.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

The RFE letter didn't specify (but that would be handy!) - but in looking at the photos, they weren't quite 2"x2" it was about 1/8th inch short on one side for both. I think the other proportions & measurements were in line with the requirements... but there was some pixelation where the photographer made the backgrounds uniform in color. I was a little concerned both issues, but figured hey professional photographer in an office mall store (not a kiosk, an actual store-sized studio) - what could go wrong? And yet, here I am with two photos causing an RFE

7 minutes ago, GarryAndMarie said:

The RFE letter didn't specify (but that would be handy!) - but in looking at the photos, they weren't quite 2"x2" it was about 1/8th inch short on one side for both. I think the other proportions & measurements were in line with the requirements... but there was some pixelation where the photographer made the backgrounds uniform in color. I was a little concerned both issues, but figured hey professional photographer in an office mall store (not a kiosk, an actual store-sized studio) - what could go wrong? And yet, here I am with two photos causing an RFE

pixelation where the photographer made the backgrounds uniform in color.

Could be the cause since they are not to be retouched.  Though that is just a guess. 

Feb 9th Filed DS-160 and scheduled interview      March 21st Medical 😭   March 27 second medical 

April 02 medical results   Interview: Grandmother's Birthday. :)  Arrival of Fiancee: 04/13/2018

Wedding Date: 5/27/2018  AOS sent: 6/02/2018 Bio-meterics 8/17/2018  Approved 2 year Green Card: 10/10/2018 Notice of Action 10/15/2018

2 Year conditional Green Card 10/17/2018  Now living our life keeping in mind to fill paperwork for 10 year card 7/20/2020.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, GarryAndMarie said:

Looking for some VJ Junie family feedback on photo requirements - both of our passport photos (taken back in May at a professional photographer's studio in the Philippines) were rejected by USCIS via RFE on Dec 12. My fiancee had another photographer take a new photo yesterday, and I am a little concerned that the background isn't quite right, though the new photographer says it's fine. So asking, before we submit this one, what do you all think? Is this good enough? I am unnecessarily worried? She actually went back to the original photographer first, who provided a second set of pixelated photos with digitally modified background (which is why we think the first set were rejected & caused the RFE), so she gave up on them & then went to a second one - who did the same thing!... before finding a third who used a high quality camera & natural white fabric studio background. So I'm really nervous about this, and she is frustrated but understanding of the importance in getting it right in our RFE response. Please advise... thank you!

PassportPhoto.jpg

Go to wallgreens or cvs and get it done. I aslo had my fiance send me copy of her passport photo through email. And they printed hers off at walgreens as well. Saves waiting for passport photos to arrive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

MIDDAY SCAN (Goddamit I can't take this any longer....)

12/21/2017 1
Your Current Status: Document Is Being Held For 180 Days 1

Yes... thats it.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

12/21/2017 1

Yes... thats it.

ITS KILLING ME NOW AND TOP OF THIS STILL HAVE TO DO LONG WAIT FOR NVC AFTER THIS...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, vocaledge said:

Yup, and no offense, but the data on that chart seems pretty ugh too, considering at 192 days I'm already past that average, even with the deviation stated.

I am almost 200 ( I deleted the app so I no longer can keep track - that's how "i don't care-y" I am at this point... but I have a feeling by the middle of next month the average will have jumped 10 days at least .. I'm betting over 200 will be average if not the majority of june  ( sorry guys)

18 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

12/21/2017 1

Yes... thats it.

I can't believe this man !!!!!!!!  

21 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

12/21/2017 1

Yes... thats it.

ouch,  a document being held another 1/2 year.  and no other updates.   :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

@GarryAndMarie

I am assuming you get the photos electronically and print them yourself? I went over to CVS with the photo after I downloaded it through email on my phone. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.