1,118 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Beast7 said:

Hey DocZ

Most of the lawyers just satisfy their clients by giving their own approximate times but they are not true at all.

My own lawyer told me to wait 2 3 months and they have already passed.

My P.D 10 oct TSC

You should be positive and i have seen august filers approval have been started so oct filers should be expecting approvals in late april and start of may.

Good LuCk

Hello! We are also on TSC. And yes, approvals might start April to May. But we might get RFE. My husband forgot to include our passport photos 😔 he is currently deployed now. Good luck on your case! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello fellow October filers! 

My husband has petitioned for me and my son, now 9months old..he has been away since our bub was 4 months old.... :( 

We’re all in similar situations and we can be there for one another.. 

I see that some August filers have started getting their approvals.. so there is hope we’re getting closer... 

Goodluck to you all... 😇

Our PD is 15th October 2017

TSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/22/2018 at 4:53 AM, Kashika said:

Hello fellow October filers! 

My husband has petitioned for me and my son, now 9months old..he has been away since our bub was 4 months old.... :( 

We’re all in similar situations and we can be there for one another.. 

I see that some August filers have started getting their approvals.. so there is hope we’re getting closer... 

Goodluck to you all... 😇

Our PD is 15th October 2017

TSC

Our PD is Oct 24th 2017 at TSC. I am assuming they should be approving August 2017 by now. Expecting ours to be approved my the end of march or beginning of april 2018. Good luck to you😊

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Maan17 said:

Our PD is Oct 24th 2017 at TSC. I am assuming they should be approving August 2017 by now. Expecting ours to be approved my the end of march or beginning of april 2018. Good luck to you😊

Goodluck to you too! Let’s hope we hear some news soon! 

On 1/31/2018 at 7:44 PM, wams1979 said:

Hi anyone who is October 2017 I-130 filers?

We are! our NOA date is 10/13 from TSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On February 20, 2018 at 8:08 PM, DocZ said:

The NOA1 for my wife in the Philippines was sent 10/18/17. My lawyer told me that I should expect to hear about the NOA2 in December or January. Ha! I came here to check how others are doing, since I was getting worried... When I look just look at the timeline of others, I am seeing people from 6/2017 or 7/2017 at the filing center in Texas getting their NOA2 now. So my lawyer was way off :(

Have not heard anything at this point. 

He told you the great news; NOA2 in December, before or after you paid her/him?

Honest-Love-Respect

On 3/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, Derik-Lina said:

He told you the great news; NOA2 in December, before or after you paid her/him?

Lol, of course told me December NOA2 before I paid him. After he is paid, and February comes around, he said "we made the right choice" because he states Fiance visas are behind too. I don't think his reasoning validates his insistence that a spousal visa was better than going the fiance visa route (I am still not convinced it was the right decision), or really addresses that he was far off from his estimate, from the NOA2. 

To be fair to him, he is charging 10% of what some other lawyers had quoted told me, and I do believe he has my best interest in heart. He spent a lot of (unpaid) time to convince me to get a spousal visa rather than getting a fiance visa, with a focus on best protecting my fiance (at the time), including the fact that she was pregnant. My priority of getting my wife and baby to the USA ASAP was never his priority. His concerns of not rushing her (either pregnant if the K1 was quick,  or with a new born) here, without the social support she was receiving from all her family members currently, was that moving fast would not be best for her or our baby. He raised a lot of issues, which was enough for me to choose to get married ASAP and do the spousal visa instead. So I don't think he was intentionally deceiving me, dangling unrealistic timelines in my face, just to get money (which some of the lawyers definitely were). 

15 hours ago, DocZ said:

Lol, of course told me December NOA2 before I paid him. After he is paid, and February comes around, he said "we made the right choice" because he states Fiance visas are behind too. I don't think his reasoning validates his insistence that a spousal visa was better than going the fiance visa route (I am still not convinced it was the right decision), or really addresses that he was far off from his estimate, from the NOA2. 

To be fair to him, he is charging 10% of what some other lawyers had quoted told me, and I do believe he has my best interest in heart. He spent a lot of (unpaid) time to convince me to get a spousal visa rather than getting a fiance visa, with a focus on best protecting my fiance (at the time), including the fact that she was pregnant. My priority of getting my wife and baby to the USA ASAP was never his priority. His concerns of not rushing her (either pregnant if the K1 was quick,  or with a new born) here, without the social support she was receiving from all her family members currently, was that moving fast would not be best for her or our baby. He raised a lot of issues, which was enough for me to choose to get married ASAP and do the spousal visa instead. So I don't think he was intentionally deceiving me, dangling unrealistic timelines in my face, just to get money (which some of the lawyers definitely were). 

He did you a huge favor by talking you out of the K1 Visa; It is not as fast as before. Only 2 or 3 months less than the CR1, not to mention the benefits your wife will receive when she gets here. She will come in with a Green Card, SS# and a healthy baby. Good Luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, MOEk said:

Is anyone from ysc we got first noa1 on 30th oct still waiting to hear anything ucis wesbiste still shows they doing April case but people form August are already getting aprroved 

10 Oct tsc still nothing

Timeline

hi, new to this blog, PD 10/11/2017 @ Texas, still waiting for approval, I am petitioning my unmarried son under 21, he currently lives in Mexico, my attorney told me his case will be processed by the National Visa Center. Should I check processing time for Texas or National Visa Center? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 21/02/2018 at 7:08 PM, mincha said:

Hello! We are also on TSC. And yes, approvals might start April to May. But we might get RFE. My husband forgot to include our passport photos 😔 he is currently deployed now. Good luck on your case! 

According to VJ around May we should hear son and btw..My husband is deployed too! 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Timeline
7 hours ago, Alan_Carlos said:

hi, new to this blog, PD 10/11/2017 @ Texas, still waiting for approval, I am petitioning my unmarried son under 21, he currently lives in Mexico, my attorney told me his case will be processed by the National Visa Center. Should I check processing time for Texas or National Visa Center? Thanks.

Hello... As of now we need to follow the Texas processing times. After the approval the case gets forwarded to the NVC. So that’s the next stage. The good news is that Sept approvals for Texas have started. So not too long I hope. Our PD is 17th Oct 2017. Goodluck to you too! We’re all in the same boat...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.