1,118 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had an online application and had their interview yet? My husband's didn't go too well and I'm not sure if it's a system error or an interviewer error. He brought my last tax return with him ( a document that was uploaded in AUGUST) and was told that I need to upload the document to the website again. Apparently he was told that it would only set us back a couple of days, but after 4 days we've heard nothing and received nothing. It's so frustrating. Anyone else had problems with online applications at their interview? Urghhhhh we just want this to be overrrrrrr 😞

On 9/9/2018 at 3:58 PM, OHS said:

My application has gone to California. We applied in October 2017 and have no response since then. Feeling so depressed living away from my husband this way. 

There are no words to describe how much it sucks to live without your spouse. Sorry you're having to go through that  :(  Know that there are other husband-less wives out there feeling the way you are! Hope your case is processed and you guys are back together soon!

7 hours ago, ashort714 said:

There are no words to describe how much it sucks to live without your spouse. Sorry you're having to go through that  :(  Know that there are other husband-less wives out there feeling the way you are! Hope your case is processed and you guys are back together soon!

Thank you I appreciate the words of support! Here’s to all the spouses living away from their better halves. 

9 hours ago, ashort714 said:

It's so hard living apart.. we are still waiting for the approval. Its breaking my heart. I just don't understand what could be taking so long. 😪😪

On 10/28/2018 at 5:48 AM, jeanita68 said:

It's so hard living apart.. we are still waiting for the approval. Its breaking my heart. I just don't understand what could be taking so long. 😪😪

And it's so emotionally draining waiting around, too. Just wading through the bureaucracy. I called the NVC a million times, and I called our District Attorney and our congressmen and no one could do anything. And everyone always asking "how's he doing" or "how's it going" and you really wanna say "it's horrendous and nothing about it is ok" but instead you just kinda shrug and go "it is what it is, we're almost there".

We're right there with you, friend! Love to you and yours - hopefully you'll be together soon! Feel free to send us a PM if you need to vent or talk - I know it's hard to find people who Get It.

On 10/28/2018 at 4:31 AM, OHS said:

Thank you I appreciate the words of support! Here’s to all the spouses living away from their better halves. 

Seriously. It's such a struggle particularly because it's so lonely. My husband is my best friend and it sucks not having him around to do Life Things with. I'd love to see some serious reform in the process for those of us who take the time to fill out the forms and submit the evidence and the tax returns and everything. This process is a shitshow from start to finish. Which step are you guys on?

On 10/27/2018 at 8:34 PM, ashort714 said:

Has anyone else had an online application and had their interview yet? My husband's didn't go too well and I'm not sure if it's a system error or an interviewer error. He brought my last tax return with him ( a document that was uploaded in AUGUST) and was told that I need to upload the document to the website again. Apparently he was told that it would only set us back a couple of days, but after 4 days we've heard nothing and received nothing. It's so frustrating. Anyone else had problems with online applications at their interview? Urghhhhh we just want this to be overrrrrrr 😞

OK so update time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Husband Dear heard from the Courier today and can pick up his passport on Wednesday. His interview was last Tuesday the 23rd, and he just got the email today. We're pretty sure the interview went fine but there hasn't been any indication either way.  Would we know by now if it was denied? Would they mail his passport back without the visa in it, or would they have sent it home with him after his interview if it was denied? I'm dying, I'm so nervous.

5 hours ago, ashort714 said:

And it's so emotionally draining waiting around, too. Just wading through the bureaucracy. I called the NVC a million times, and I called our District Attorney and our congressmen and no one could do anything. And everyone always asking "how's he doing" or "how's it going" and you really wanna say "it's horrendous and nothing about it is ok" but instead you just kinda shrug and go "it is what it is, we're almost there".

We're right there with you, friend! Love to you and yours - hopefully you'll be together soon! Feel free to send us a PM if you need to vent or talk - I know it's hard to find people who Get It.

Thank you. Yes...it's so hard. The waiting is traumatizing!! And definitely no one to talk to about except I husband I vent to him all the time and he just keeps telling me be patient baby soon everything happens on God timing. And I try but it's so hard. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.