superjim

Should we have filed with DCF?!

43 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I am so sorry you have to go through this ordeal. Their explanation that DCF is completed in the same time frame as a Visa abroad is absurd. DCF in London takes 4-6 months while a Visa abroad is 12-14 months. That's 1/2 to 1/3 total processing time depending on how your application unfolds.

I would encourage you if you had paid Rapid Visa with your credit card to open a dispute claim with your credit card company to recover your fee. You have a very strong case in that they did not provide the service they promised they would do. In fact they gave you bad advice and will cost more time and effort.

Just now, Hypnos said:

If you paid RapidVisa using a credit card, attempt to do a chargeback.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

If you paid by Credit Card time to file a dispute.

I paid with a debit card.  $1165 and I'll see precisely nothing for that money...

A hard lesson learned.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Name and shame, obviously we can recount the story every time they are mentioned.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

This will certainly be my go-to thread whenever they are mentioned from this point onward.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

The only thing we can guarantee is that this will cost them many many times more than it would have done to refund you.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Their Yelp reviews are abysmal, and their response to each critical review is to lash out. 

If you get no joy in getting a refund, consider what I mentioned about UPL. The company got chased out of Colorado to Nevada due to a tightening of rules on immigration consultants. They would have you believe it's all about keeping money in lawyers' pockets. In my opinion, it's about protecting the public from bum advice. If a lawyer negligently gives you bad advice, which you rely on, and that causes you harm, you have a potential action for legal malpractice. If an immigration consultant negligently gives you bad advice which you rely on, causing you harm, maybe you can get a refund. Maybe. 

Best of luck to you! ☺️

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Oh, and we also have refiled the petition via DCF in London.  Posted it today!  Will update as we go.

Secondly, I'm compiling a list of all the places where RapidVisa has reviews.  I want to ensure that as many people are aware of their practices as possible (regardless of whether you think we are in the wrong or not, their response to our genuine concerns was appalling).   I know they are on Yelp, google reviews, facebook,  anywhere else worth posting a review on?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To think I had suggested Rapid Visa a few times in these threads and even considered the service myself. I won't ever recommend them again. That's horrible what you are going through. Good for you for making other people aware.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, superjim said:

They (RapidVisa) replied to my second (more robust) email.

Predictably a total non-response.  Did not, in any way address the issues I had raised.  Only stated that I should read the guarantee and would see that I am therefore not eligible for a refund.

Its a bit like trying to buy some cheese and getting a banana instead , asking for your money back because you dont need a banana, you needed cheese and are told that refunds are only available for bad bananas.  The quality of the banana is irrelevent, they shouldnt have sold it to me.

Anyway.  I've fired off emails to the local district attornys office (Clark County) and to the Nevada Bar Association.  Explained the situation and the suspicion that they are unlawfully practicing law.

In all honesty, if theyd just held their hands up and said theyd given us bad advice and apologised and refunded, I'd likely have forgotten about them by now and just gotten on with it.  Their total lack of integrity in dealing with the complaint is whats driving me to ensure that other people arent fooled into making the mistake that we did and trusting them with their money and applications.

Screw up happen, how they are dealt with is what counts.

I think they are based in the Philippines so not sure you will have much joy.

13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Screw up happen, how they are dealt with is what counts.

I think they are based in the Philippines so not sure you will have much joy.

Their office is in Las Vegas and its where they send the petitions out from.

Their online chat operatives, I believe, are based remotely in the Philippines (it was those guys that, in my opinion, gave us the bad advice however they are employed by RapidVisa).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 minutes ago, superjim said:

Their online chat operatives, I believe, are based remotely in the Philippines (it was those guys that, in my opinion, gave us the bad advice however they are employed by RapidVisa).

I had always thought they were aimed more at Filipino applicants, but they seem to be branching out as of late.  In general, the immigration process out of the Philippines is unique.

It is concerning behavior, especially now that they are offering payment plans.  I could see more people being attracted to their service.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, superjim said:

Really? Wow. That is where we are moving to. The one thing I know about Vegas is despite the fact it's a big city everybody is connected to each other (a friend of a friend type of community).

It is a very bad move for Rapid Visa to not be dealing with your situation more professionally.

I agree with Boiler. If they screwed up that's one thing but to throw you under the bus for their mistake is another.

• 3 months later...

So, in case anyone following this thread is interested- we had our petition approved within 5 weeks of filing in London (still not a peep from Texas and RapidVisa arent willing to accept any responsibility).

I've posted a couple of questions on the DCF board here: 

if anyone feels like giving us some more of your help (which was really appreciated on this thread, then we'd be really grateful!

Thanks everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.