Carolina Dalton

November 2017 Filers K1 VISA I-129F (merged)

2,975 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The consulate will send you instructions and advise you when and more importantly where to have your official medical exam done. 

Yes it must be done when they tell you to before the interview. 

No you should not do it in advance as your particular consulate has specific instructions to follow.

I know.

My point is that since I am not too sure about my vaccine history and my mom probably doesn't know either.

Can I perform some kind of test and take whatever vaccine required before I go for the medical exam?

As I am not too sure whether some of the vaccine would have more than 1 does and there will be required intervals between 2 doses which could waste some time...

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, allisonf said:

I know.

My point is that since I am not too sure about my vaccine history and my mom probably doesn't know either.

Can I perform some kind of test and take whatever vaccine required before I go for the medical exam?

As I am not too sure whether some of the vaccine would have more than 1 does and there will be required intervals between 2 doses which could waste some time...

None of those vaccines in that list requires 2 doses.

but sure you can just go to a clinic that does a titer test. And keep the records of it to take to your medical exam 

15 minutes ago, Naes said:

None of those vaccines in that list requires 2 doses.

but sure you can just go to a clinic that does a titer test. And keep the records of it to take to your medical exam 

Thank you!!

I751:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, allisonf said:

I know.

I read either in uscis or cdc can't remember which but the info is that if you are required to take immunizations that require more than one dose and it will cause a delay in your process that you do not have to wait to get the second dose, I believe its called a "blanket waiver" the doctor can give you for the time being and then later on before your AOS you would finish it up.. but honestly I don't think you will be required to get a series vaccination... those between ages of 19-49 only need Tdap, MMR, varicella (or titer) and flu (which will not apply to you until your AOS since flu season will have passed when you get your NOA2)... here are some links with info that I found really helpful to answer questions about vaccines

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter9.html

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html

Edited by L and E

5 minutes ago, L and E said:

I read either in uscis or cdc can't remember which but the info is that if you are required to take immunizations that require more than one dose and it will cause a delay in your process that you do not have to wait to get the second dose, I believe its called a "blanket waiver" the doctor can give you for the time being and then later on before your AOS you would finish it up.. but honestly I don't think you will be required to get a series vaccination... those between ages of 19-49 only need Tdap, MMR, varicella (or titer) and flu (which will not apply to you until your AOS since flu season will have passed when you get your NOA2)... here are some links with info that I found really helpful to help answer questions about vaccines

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter9.html

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html

Thank you!!

I saw the blanket waiver in the uscis website and also in cdc it writes receive at least 1 does in each category.

Now I can worry less.

The last thing I want is to delay the timeline so I am a bit upset this morning. 

but thank you all for all the answers and help!

@Naes  @K1 visaHopeful  @L and E

I751:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, allisonf said:

Thank you!!

I saw the blanket waiver in the uscis website and also in cdc it writes receive at least 1 does in each category.

Now I can worry less.

The last thing I want is to delay the timeline so I am a bit upset this morning. 

but thank you all for all the answers and help!

@Naes  @K1 visaHopeful  @L and E

I totally understand (L) 

you're welcome :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ONEBADKATT said:

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!:jest: I'm soooooooo happy right now! Now we can start the next chapter of our lives. Thank u all for the support. It was indeed a great help through this stressful process. For all of u waiting I say don't give up. The journey is long but well worth the struggle. 

Wooowww!!! Congratulations!!!!! 🎊

🇳🇬💖🇺🇸

38 minutes ago, ONEBADKATT said:

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!:jest: I'm soooooooo happy right now! Now we can start the next chapter of our lives. Thank u all for the support. It was indeed a great help through this stressful process. For all of u waiting I say don't give up. The journey is long but well worth the struggle. 

Congrats!!

So happy for you!

Haha 

I751:

2 hours ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Congrats!!! 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Wohoo, congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Congratulations! :)

10 hours ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Congrats!!! :D when did you file?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.