2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
On 6/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, VietLu said:

My appt is on next Thus. 

Mine is July 8th. I did an inquiry about i-751 and they said it will be adjucated together. I shceduled an infopass for tomorrow to extend my green card with a stamp

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hey everybody i have a question if anybody can help me.

i have a pending i 751 that i applied in dec 2017 and an n400 applied in dec 2018. does anybody know what month is the atlanta office currently processing the n 400 applications and when i can expect to receive an interview letter.

17 hours ago, David1987 said:

Mine is July 8th. I did an inquiry about i-751 and they said it will be adjucated together. I shceduled an infopass for tomorrow to extend my green card with a stamp

You will be just fine. My interview was on Philly. I have the same timeline as you. I went for an stamp 2 weeks before my interview. I went to the interview by myself since my husband couldn't get an off day from job (I was convinced they will rescheduled my interview, But no) . I  was there for about 30 minutes the officer was really nice and professional, she just asked for our life together, things about our daughter and new evidence about our life together. Now I am a US citizen.   Good Luck!!

Hi all, after quietly following this thread for so long, I finally passed the interview today. I want to share my experience to everyone here.

I applied I-751 in 07/2017, and applied N-400 in 07/2018. I got citizenship interview for the first time in 04/2019, but I came to the interview by myself since spouse was not requested to come with me. Once the IO called my name, she told me that she couldn't conduct the interview because I didn't have I-751 approved. She asked if my spouse came with me so she could do a quick interview before moving to N-400 interview, but my husband was at work. Then she told me they would reschedule my interview, and made sure my husband would come with me.

I got reschedule notice two weeks later. I came in with my husband today. The IO called both of us in his office, asked some questions on I-751, and asked for additional evidences and pictures showing that we are still living together. Once we passed, he walked my husband to the lobby, then started to interview me for my N-400. He asked all the information that I put on my application, then civic questions, reading, and writing part. Finally he said congratulations and told me to wait for the oath letter to go to the oath ceremony.

Both interviews took around 45 minutes, and it was really smooth.

I know the whole process took so long, and almost 4 years since I got my conditional permanent green card. Hope everyone will get over it soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bramoma15 said:

You will be just fine. My interview was on Philly. I have the same timeline as you. I went for an stamp 2 weeks before my interview. I went to the interview by myself since my husband couldn't get an off day from job (I was convinced they will rescheduled my interview, But no) . I  was there for about 30 minutes the officer was really nice and professional, she just asked for our life together, things about our daughter and new evidence about our life together. Now I am a US citizen.   Good Luck!!

Oh wow. Yayy Philly!!!!

That's good to hear. So how soon after the interview did u get to take oath? Did u apply for US passport already?

13 hours ago, David1987 said:

Oh wow. Yayy Philly!!!!

That's good to hear. So how soon after the interview did u get to take oath? Did u apply for US passport already?

Yes I did! My oath was 2 weeks after my interview. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello all, wanted to give an update here about my case status on my N-400 application but first a quick recap.

Applied for I-751: Sept 2017 (bio: Oct 2017)

RFE received: Jan 2019

RFE response sent: Feb end 2019

Interview letter for I-751 received: March 20, 2019

Applied for N-400 online: March 25, 2019 (bio: April 18, 2019)

Interview scheduled date for I-751: April 25, 2019

Green card received: April 30, 2019

Interview letter for N-400 received: June 11, 2019

Interview scheduled date for N-400: July 17, 2019

Field office Denver in the beginning and case was moved to Omaha field office right after RFE response was sent, which was weird because I moved to Omaha in March 2018 and submitted address change at that time. I don't know how that itself didn't trigger a case transfer.

Interview letter for I-751 requested presence of my US citizen spouse as well. Also requested proof of bonafide marriage. Gave them about 4 inch tall stack of evidence. They seemed happy. IO at the interview did mention my N-400 was also already in process but still not processed enough to take my civics and other test during the I-751 interview itself. I was prepared to take the test, just in case ;)

However, he did mention that if anything I might get a request to bring or submit the latest year's tax return. When I told him that it was included in the stack of evidence infront of him, he was confident that I shouldn't have to bring any more additional evidence for my N-400 interview.

I was told that my case for N-400 should be processed within Sept 2019 but here we are, with an interview date for July 2019. Some days, the efficiency surprises me. Maybe it's the field office change.

Interview letter for N-400 does not require presence of my US citizen spouse.

Here's what is mentioned on the letter,

--------

You MUST BRING the following with you to the interview:

• This letter.

• Your Alien Registration Card ("green card").

• Any evidence of Selective Service Registration.

• Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the United States.

• Those items noted below which are applicable to you:

If applying for NATURALIZATION AS THE SPOUSE of a United States Citizen;

• Your marriage certificate.

• Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse.

• Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

If applying for NATURALIZATION as a member of the United States Armed Forces;

• Your discharge certificate, or form DD214.

If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview.

---------

Wish me luck, guys! Off to studying American history and civics, again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, MK108 said:

Hello all, wanted to give an update here about my case status on my N-400 application but first a quick recap.

Applied for I-751: Sept 2017 (bio: Oct 2017)

RFE received: Jan 2019

RFE response sent: Feb end 2019

Interview letter for I-751 received: March 20, 2019

Applied for N-400 online: March 25, 2019 (bio: April 18, 2019)

Interview scheduled date for I-751: April 25, 2019

Green card received: April 30, 2019

Interview letter for N-400 received: June 11, 2019

Interview scheduled date for N-400: July 17, 2019

Field office Denver in the beginning and case was moved to Omaha field office right after RFE response was sent, which was weird because I moved to Omaha in March 2018 and submitted address change at that time. I don't know how that itself didn't trigger a case transfer.

Interview letter for I-751 requested presence of my US citizen spouse as well. Also requested proof of bonafide marriage. Gave them about 4 inch tall stack of evidence. They seemed happy. IO at the interview did mention my N-400 was also already in process but still not processed enough to take my civics and other test during the I-751 interview itself. I was prepared to take the test, just in case ;)

However, he did mention that if anything I might get a request to bring or submit the latest year's tax return. When I told him that it was included in the stack of evidence infront of him, he was confident that I shouldn't have to bring any more additional evidence for my N-400 interview.

I was told that my case for N-400 should be processed within Sept 2019 but here we are, with an interview date for July 2019. Some days, the efficiency surprises me. Maybe it's the field office change.

Interview letter for N-400 does not require presence of my US citizen spouse.

Here's what is mentioned on the letter,

--------

You MUST BRING the following with you to the interview:

• This letter.

• Your Alien Registration Card ("green card").

• Any evidence of Selective Service Registration.

• Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the United States.

• Those items noted below which are applicable to you:

If applying for NATURALIZATION AS THE SPOUSE of a United States Citizen;

• Your marriage certificate.

• Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse.

• Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

If applying for NATURALIZATION as a member of the United States Armed Forces;

• Your discharge certificate, or form DD214.

If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview.

---------

Wish me luck, guys! Off to studying American history and civics, again.

That was fast ... congrats and wish you good luck with the interview

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 6/6/2019 at 9:45 PM, geff44 said:

Not an issue at all.  During the oath ceremony they will take your wife's conditional green card.  

Thank you for the response.  She received her 10-years green card yesterday.  We're both anxiously waiting for 6/19 for the oath ceremony. 

Hey guys. Quick question. I-751 case received June 25 2018. After NOA and no biometrics needed was received, nothing since. N400 submitted May 11 2019. Biometrics walkin was completed 5/24 since the appt was scheduled for a day we would be out of town. Yesterday we got a letter in the mail saying the I-751 preliminary review was done and the file was transferred to local office Lee Summit, MO. Our local office however is Tampa, FL. Is this a mistake? I'm hoping for a combo interview so I'm wondering if I should contact them to let them know the file should be transferred to Tampa. Anyone have this occur and didn't need to contact them because Lee Summit is a stepping stone so to speak?

Thanks for your reply

AFAL, my case is very similar to yours.  I-751 filed in April 2018 and N-400 in April 2019.  In May this year my I-751 case was transferred to Lee Summit, MO.  What I've read so far and what people have been telling me is that this can happen when you file N-400 while I-751 is pending, and it will be there until they schedule a combo interview at your local office. 

I don't have hope my process will be transferred to my local office (San Francisco, CA) anytime soon.   The N-400 time processing in my local office is one year, so my interview won't be scheduled until May next year...

If anyone knows something I'm missing,  please let us know.  I hope I'm wrong and that this nightmare will be over soon... 😥

On 6/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, David1987 said:

Good luck in your interview. Could you please let me know how did you figured out that they will adjust 2 cases at the same time? I tried to call them and send messages but they didn't say anything about I-751 at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.