2,950 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2019 at 3:07 PM, Eli G said:

Dear all,

I filed my N400 two weeks ago while my i751 is still pending (filed May 2018), my biometric appt for N400 is on June 10th.

Today, I received a letter from CSC, informing me that my biometric appt for my i751 is on June 12th. 

Do I have to go and get my biometrics done twice within 3 days? anyone who has a similar experience? 

Thanks!

Eli

I would bring both biometric appt. letters and ask if they can do it one (or twice) and send them to appropriate office.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi there!

A few weeks ago, GoodbyeGirl gave me some great feedback about the I-551. The extension expires on July 11, 2019.

I just got off the phone with USCIS, where the woman said that she could not make an infopass appointment for this reason until it was five days before the expiration date, OR the date had expired. I expressed concern because on the date of expiration, my husband becomes, technically, illegal. She said that he would not be deportable because he has this paperwork in progress. My local office is not scheduling Infopass online. What is your feedback about this?

On 4/2/2019 at 5:37 AM, GoodbyeGirl said:

My local office will only issue the i-551 (stamp in the passport) around 30 days before the expiration of the current Green Card. I would hold off, as you may find your cases - at the very least your GC - see some traction before July 2019.

• Or has the office been sending second extension letters automatically as well?
    • If so, how long do I wait before I apply for an extension?

As far as I'm aware, there is only one 18-month extension letter. Should you get to at least a month before that expires and there's still no progress, then make an infopass and your 'extension' will be the i-551.

5 hours ago, MadeForEachOther_ said:

Thanks for sharing the experience. Yes, Its not good if she has approved I-751 than it should not a point for her N-400 delay.

Exactly. The interview was plainly rude. She is been a permanent resident for over 10 years. Her 10 year green card expires soon. And IO asked 3 times: “did you get married for the green card?” during the interview. That’s a mind blowing experience.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Just want to add another DP for CSC filers.  My wife had her combo interview at Santa Ana, CA and it shockingly went by pretty fast with the officer asking only a few basic questions.  My wife mentioned he barely looked at her files or asked her for additional paperwork or evidence.  I was in the waiting room with her so not sure if that was the reason why the officer went "easy" on her. 

At the end of the interview, she was handed form N-652 with the two checkboxes stating that she passed the English/civic test and the application has been recommended for approval.  I don't think the officer brought up the I-751 case and my wife forgot to inquire about it since she was so nervous. We're waiting for the case to update--hopefully everything went well. 

I had my interview today in Fort Myers, FL. Took me 11 months since I applied.

Thankfully it was a combo interview as I was hoping for. Anyways, the officer asked me questions regarding my I-751 first asked if I want to add any more new evidences, new tax transcripts, I gave her lots of new things we had. She said she saw my husband with me and won't question him as everything looked great and she wants to approve it.... But.... As soon as she proceeded to approve, the data base for I-751 stuck and would not work:( So at that point she said we should start with N-400 and then see if it works after. I passed the test, everything went smooth and easy. She approved me and congratulated with passing my interview. Then she  went back to the I-751 tried again, but of course not with my luck... It still didn't work. So the officer said she should fix the approval by tommorow afternoon and after that they mail me my Oath date.... 

Kinda happy and relieved that I'm done, but upset that It couldn't solve today cuz I could have my Oath already this Thursday. 

They provide ceremonies twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday, and people get them either same week or the next one after they passed the test. 

The only thing I'm just afraid they will put my case aside and forget abt me...... 

Anyway hope I will hear any news till the end of this week regarding my date. 

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, Inna&Chris said:

Thankfully it was a combo interview as I was hoping for. Anyways, the officer asked me questions regarding my I-751 first asked if I want to add any more new evidences, new tax transcripts, I gave her lots of new things we had. She said she saw my husband with me and won't question him as everything looked great and she wants to approve it.... But.... As soon as she proceeded to approve, the data base for I-751 stuck and would not work:( So at that point she said we should start with N-400 and then see if it works after. I passed the test, everything went smooth and easy. She approved me and congratulated with passing my interview. Then she  went back to the I-751 tried again, but of course not with my luck... It still didn't work. So the officer said she should fix the approval by tommorow afternoon and after that they mail me my Oath date.... 

Kinda happy and relieved that I'm done, but upset that It couldn't solve today cuz I could have my Oath already this Thursday. 

They provide ceremonies twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday, and people get them either same week or the next one after they passed the test. 

The only thing I'm just afraid they will put my case aside and forget abt me...... 

Awesome, congratulations!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, Inna&Chris said:

Congratulations on your successful completion of the immigration journey :)

I don't think they would forget about you like you thought ...it's one of the tasks am sure the officer won't let sit for that long in her queue because she also needs to close it to get a completion credit for the cases she completed :) .

Keep us posted 

Edited by mymercy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Inna&Chris said:

We sent 1-751 with lot of supporting documents and IO was able to pull it on his computer screen based on your posting.  It seems that they scan all the paper or do they also have your submitted paper?

6 minutes ago, dilip said:

We sent 1-751 with lot of supporting documents and IO was able to pull it on his computer screen based on your posting.  It seems that they scan all the paper or do they also have your submitted paper?

No she didn't scan anything she added all extra new papers I gave to her right to my folder. I had submitted a lot before too, but they still ask for any new papers you have since the time you applied and for me it's almost two years since my ROC, so I had a whole bunch for her. But in order to approve me she had to open my file online and it wouldn't let her pass a certain point to approve me because of some technical issues.... 

All I have only a verbal promise that it should be fixed today.... 

ROC -"CSC"

Timeline
On 5/6/2019 at 3:21 PM, Chiquitabella29 said:

I second this answer. USCIS gives you the booklet at biometrics appointment but you can get a head start by printing the study guide from the official website.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:46 PM, VietLu said:

Hi all,

USCIS just emailed me. They said that my I-751 and N-400 will be adjudicated at the same time and I have been scheduled for an interview in Jun-13 with Philly office. 

*apply I-751 in Sep-2017

*apply N-400 in Nov-2018

VietLu,

When is you interview.  I did not get any reply fron USCIS.  Received N-400 interview on June 28.  Obviously I-751 is pending from Nov 2017.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Inna&Chris said:

No she didn't scan anything she added all extra new papers I gave to her right to my folder. I had submitted a lot before too, but they still ask for any new papers you have since the time you applied and for me it's almost two years since my ROC, so I had a whole bunch for her. But in order to approve me she had to open my file online and it wouldn't let her pass a certain point to approve me because of some technical issues.... 

All I have only a verbal promise that it should be fixed today.... 

So,  IO has your physical file with her?

Just now, dilip said:

So,  IO has your physical file with her?

Yes it was a huge pile since my AOS probably. She had my both I-751 and N-400 in one huge folder, two cases were just divided in a half. 

ROC -"CSC"

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

My wife's N400 case updated with the oath scheduled for 6/19 and the green card is on the way.  Would there be an issue with the green card doesnt arrive in tiem and she just turn in her expired green card?  So glad this journey is coming to an end soon....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, Jimbo09 said:

My wife's N400 case updated with the oath scheduled for 6/19 and the green card is on the way.  Would there be an issue with the green card doesnt arrive in tiem and she just turn in her expired green card?  So glad this journey is coming to an end soon....

Not an issue at all.  During the oath ceremony they will take your wife's conditional green card.  

Hey guys, 
My I-751 receipt date is November 9, 2017. When I check USCIS processing times, it seems that the current receipt date for a case inquiry (for California Service Center) is November 17, 2017. When I try to submit a service request for the case outside normal processing time, it returns the message that my case is within normal processing time ... Has anybody experienced this? Do you know what's the reason?

Edited by drmo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.