56 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi , Sorry may be somone can help  me , Does anybody knows if you can Scan a filing  Fee $725 Check and submit with your n400 ?  when you are filing online ?

Thank you

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

7 hours ago, Sad.wasi said:

Hi , Sorry may be somone can help  me , Does anybody knows if you can Scan a filing  Fee $725 Check and submit with your n400 ?  when you are filing online ?

Thank you

I don't think so but I can be wrong. I paid with my CC when I filed online. You can post your question on this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/637606-filing-n400-online-anyone/.

Conditional GC expired : 10/18/16

I751 journey - CSC

09/12/16 : package received

10/11/16: Biometrics

07/28/17: I551 stamp on passport expired 07/27/18

10/25/17: Combined interview N 400 and I 751. I751 approved on the spot. Read the I 751 interview Here.

N400 journey : Dallas Field Office

07/26/17 : applied online, got NOA online, CC charged

07/28/17 : biometrics scheduled online

08/01/17: NOA received on the mail

08/02/17 : biometrics online PDF posted

08/05/17 : biometrics letter received on the mail

08/15/17 : biometrics done

08/19/17 : Online MYUSCIS and ELLIS posted interview scheduled and will mail interview letter

09/20/17: received text messages and emails that interview has been scheduled

09/22/17: Interview PDF posted online on MYUSCIS

09/27/17: Interview Letter received on the mail

10/25/17: Interview Date...Passed the test and case recommended for approval . Read the N400 and I 751 interview here.

10/25/17: In line for Oath Scheduling

10/27/17: Online MYUSCIS and ELLIS posted oath ceremony scheduled

10/30/17: Oath ceremony PDF posted online for 11/20/17

11/20/17: I am a citizen of The United States of America!!!:D

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

I am on the same boat.

I had my n400 interview scheduled, but USCIS de-scheduled it soon after. I did an info pass, and was told, they were waiting for some interviewers who are qualified to do n400 and i751 joint interviews.

I just received an interview appointment letter today for I751. I am confused. 

Did you receive two separate interview letters for I751 and N400?

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had I 751 videotaped interview after denial of N 400 interview last month. I and my spouse arrived at USCIS 30 min early. After security we went to interview line windrow where they checked my I 751 joint appointment letter as well as I showed them last N 400 too. They gave us token number and informed you will be called soon. After 15 mins of wait super friendly young officer called our number and from the starting point to the end she was super talkative and friendly.  She then took us to her office and told us that before you take seat you need to talk oath. After that she turned on the camera and took out my I 751 and N 400 big thick files at the same time. Then she goes we will go through both case one by one.

She started with what is your wedding date? Where was it? How did you meet? When did you decided to get married? Why you do not have kids? Where do you work? Then she asked for any evidence we have for our marital union. We provided with Car insurance, last 3 years tax return, our Chicago, Texas and India trip tickets, pictures. Bank statements.  She said she cannot approve i 751 but she is going to request because her system is down at this time.

then she goes now we will start with N 400 I was in impression that she will not take exams for 400 because last month during my official N 400 interview date they denied to take my interview because 751 was pending. 

In N 400 mostly she went through my form which I sent. She asked all those questions again and then she took writing, reading and history test. She just asked 6 questions in test and she said you got all 6 right so we are done. Officer provided me with form N-652 which says my A number and CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL. She said because we need to stop your new green card process we will not be able to put you in next Oath Ceremony but most probably you will be schedule for last week of June. 

We both were there for i 751 Interview. After 751 was over the officer said I am not going to ask your spouse to go out as it will take only few minutes for test so my spouse was there next to me while IO took Reading, Writing and history Test. 

Today my 751 status was changed online and now it says that "New Card is Being Produced" but IO already informed me that I am not going to received 10 years GC as n 400 is approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/18/2018 at 5:39 PM, Bhagi said:

I had I 751 videotaped interview after denial of N 400 interview last month. I and my spouse arrived at USCIS 30 min early. After security we went to interview line windrow where they checked my I 751 joint appointment letter as well as I showed them last N 400 too. They gave us token number and informed you will be called soon. After 15 mins of wait super friendly young officer called our number and from the starting point to the end she was super talkative and friendly.  She then took us to her office and told us that before you take seat you need to talk oath. After that she turned on the camera and took out my I 751 and N 400 big thick files at the same time. Then she goes we will go through both case one by one.

She started with what is your wedding date? Where was it? How did you meet? When did you decided to get married? Why you do not have kids? Where do you work? Then she asked for any evidence we have for our marital union. We provided with Car insurance, last 3 years tax return, our Chicago, Texas and India trip tickets, pictures. Bank statements.  She said she cannot approve i 751 but she is going to request because her system is down at this time.

then she goes now we will start with N 400 I was in impression that she will not take exams for 400 because last month during my official N 400 interview date they denied to take my interview because 751 was pending. 

In N 400 mostly she went through my form which I sent. She asked all those questions again and then she took writing, reading and history test. She just asked 6 questions in test and she said you got all 6 right so we are done. Officer provided me with form N-652 which says my A number and CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL. She said because we need to stop your new green card process we will not be able to put you in next Oath Ceremony but most probably you will be schedule for last week of June. 

We both were there for i 751 Interview. After 751 was over the officer said I am not going to ask your spouse to go out as it will take only few minutes for test so my spouse was there next to me while IO took Reading, Writing and history Test. 

Today my 751 status was changed online and now it says that "New Card is Being Produced" but IO already informed me that I am not going to received 10 years GC as n 400 is approved. 

Hi guy,

Thank you for your sharing; it's very helpful for us to prepare. I would like to say about my case a little so that you have some idea how it is so far. I have been living in Oakland, CA and approved a conditional GC three years ago at SF office. After my 2 years GC got expired last year (06/2017), I filed the form I-751 for requesting 10 years GC (filed on 03/2017). I have been waiting for 15 months till now, but my case havent been processing yet (I got a letter of moving my case to a new office for jurisdiction on 04/2018). While waiting I-751 approved, I took advantage by applying N-400, and I got the biometric appointment last month (04/20/2018). From your experience, I would like to say "congratulation" to you first, and then I'd appreciate if you may share with us about how the processing time to your case is till you got an interview? In fact, because we come from the same area, I guess that the processing time should be similar (probably depending on each case, the time is different)...presently I am planning to be out of town for 2 weeks in this September, so I want to ensure that I wont miss any USCIS's appointment if I am taken a place. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, JessieDao said:

Hi guy,

Thank you for your sharing; it's very helpful for us to prepare. I would like to say about my case a little so that you have some idea how it is so far. I have been living in Oakland, CA and approved a conditional GC three years ago at SF office. After my 2 years GC got expired last year (06/2017), I filed the form I-751 for requesting 10 years GC (filed on 03/2017). I have been waiting for 15 months till now, but my case havent been processing yet (I got a letter of moving my case to a new office for jurisdiction on 04/2018). While waiting I-751 approved, I took advantage by applying N-400, and I got the biometric appointment last month (04/20/2018). From your experience, I would like to say "congratulation" to you first, and then I'd appreciate if you may share with us about how the processing time to your case is till you got an interview? In fact, because we come from the same area, I guess that the processing time should be similar (probably depending on each case, the time is different)...presently I am planning to be out of town for 2 weeks in this September, so I want to ensure that I wont miss any USCIS's appointment if I am taken a place. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thank you!

USCIS sent me Interview letter in mail 3 weeks in advanced so when you go out of town just ask some one at your home to keep eye on mail. On top of that you can down load USCIS CASE TRACKER application in your phone so you will get update right away.  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 7:57 AM, Bhagi said:

USCIS sent me Interview letter in mail 3 weeks in advanced so when you go out of town just ask some one at your home to keep eye on mail. On top of that you can down load USCIS CASE TRACKER application in your phone so you will get update right away.  

Thank you for your information. Again congratulation to you for being officially an US citizen ;)

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys so I also have my i751 still pending applied in CALIFORNIA service center in NOV 2016.

I applied for n400 under 3year rule in NOV 2017..

On 05/2018 I got a letter saying my I751 was transferred to Lee's  summit MO I believe which is USCIS NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER? to ''speed up processing time'' as it states on letter

on 06/10 I got my interview notice for N400 which says I will have interview on this month the day 16. It does not say anything about ROC/I751 on it...

It only says bring your green card/ spouse birth certificate/ marriage certificate...

I been assuming it will be a combo interview but I heard negative comments saying I must get a lawyer and ask for a combo interview? I won't get an interview because they will have to wait for a decision from that office my case was sent to?

Can anyone explain this better to me? Kinda worried now, thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Helga11 said:

@ARDallas , Thank you for sharing your experience!

May I ask you did you receive appointment letter just for naturalization or you knew that it's gonna be double interview naturalization AND green card?

Thanks!

My wife received a notice for interview but it strictly refers to the interview on Application for Naturalization. There is no mention of the interview as a combination interview. However, others in this forum have mentioned that the interview is usually (or always?) a combination interview if the i-751 is still pending.

Here is the opening paragraph of the notice:

You are hereby notified to appear for an interview on your Application for Naturalization at the date, time, and place indicated above. Waiting roomcapacity is limited. Please do not arrive any earlier than 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. The proceeding will take about twohours. If for any reason you cannot keep this appointment, return this letter immediately to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officeaddress listed above with your explanation and a request for a new appointment, otherwise, no further action will be taken on your application.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I am wondering what to expect. He filed the I-751 June 2017. To date, no information on approval. We also filed the N-400 in May 2018. Everything with biometrics are done. This is for the New York City Offices. 

Anyone in the same boat?

Timeline

I been 

10 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

I am wondering what to expect. He filed the I-751 June 2017. To date, no information on approval. We also filed the N-400 in May 2018. Everything with biometrics are done. This is for the New York City Offices. 

Anyone in the same boat?

You have to wait. I been waiting on removal of conditions since november of 2016 and just recently got interview for n400 which applied nov 2017.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, bahamamama234 said:

I been 

You have to wait. I been waiting on removal of conditions since november of 2016 and just recently got interview for n400 which applied nov 2017.

Thanks.. I am going to get the I-551 Stamp this month then. I am going to the EEC in November. I am hoping they don't have a problem with no Green Card validity

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

Thanks.. I am going to get the I-551 Stamp this month then. I am going to the EEC in November. I am hoping they don't have a problem with no Green Card validity

Def get a stamp if you can..  not suee what eec is but stamps should work as a green card almost 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, snackqueen said:

I am on the same boat.

I had my n400 interview scheduled, but USCIS de-scheduled it soon after. I did an info pass, and was told, they were waiting for some interviewers who are qualified to do n400 and i751 joint interviews.

I just received an interview appointment letter today for I751. I am confused. 

Did you receive two separate interview letters for I751 and N400?

We never received a notice for an I751 interview, but I accompanied my wife to her N400 interview in Detroit and the IO asked me to come back for a joint I751 interview.  From what I have seen, some folks get an I751 interview notice and others don’t.  I have also heard of folks that went to an N400 interview alone with an I751pending and both were approved.  The upshot is there seems to be no clear and concise process.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.