legatoblue18

Will Processing Times Pick Up?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't think it will pick up again for awhile, especially with multiple holidays coming up (USCIS workers taking time off). I really doubt we will see 1-2 month processing times again (which were short lived in the first place) in the near future unless there is a major change in how K-1 visas are processed or prioritized. It looks like anywhere from 4-6 months of NOA2 waiting time will be average for awhile. 

Perhaps we can dream of 3 month processing times again in the distant future...

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 minutes ago, legatoblue18 said:

I’d be ecstatic with 3-4 month waiting time..

just worrying reading about 6 month+ wait time.. I am starting to think my fiancée and I should have got married and gone that route.. I thought this would be a much faster process than that. 

Im approaching the 6 month waiting period for NOA2. It looks like it will not pick up for some time. I would be prepared to wait the 6 months. I say this not to discourage you, but to help you plan for your future. It is a very frustrating and depressing period to wait. But take it from us who applied 6 months ago, its better to plan for the long haul. Just my thoughts and best of luck to you. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Danny and Taly said:

Im approaching the 6 month waiting period for NOA2. It looks like it will not pick up for some time. I would be prepared to wait the 6 months. I say this not to discourage you, but to help you plan for your future. It is a very frustrating and depressing period to wait. But take it from us who applied 6 months ago, its better to plan for the long haul. Just my thoughts and best of luck to you. 

Glad to hear that your wait is almost over. 👍

Hope the next steps go quickly and smoothly for you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, legatoblue18 said:

just worrying reading about 6 month+ wait time.. I am starting to think my fiancée and I should have got married and gone that route.. I thought this would be a much faster process than that. 

True love knows no waiting time!  If it takes 6 months or 9 months, the wait is well worth the effort,  right?  We waited 5 months, just got my NVC in the mail today!!!  so  months and 3 weeks..   Now for the embassy and interview, etc.  Once the NOA2 is past, it seems like it goes twice as fast, well yes, it does but you will notice that "Game on"  once it gets to the embassy.  Still a ways to go, and anything can happen in the wait,  and it's not over until the CO sings "approved",  and then it's still not over, there is the GC and all.  Yes, many times I would have opted for the CR1 but it is what it is, and to us, the wait is worth the eventual outcome!

Since late March of 17 we  message and  text,  and vid twice a day, and being a 15 hour time difference it can have it's challenges but we have not missed a day yet!  Hang in there!  Keep busy,  it will happen!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

True love knows no waiting time!  If it takes 6 months or 9 months, the wait is well worth the effort,  right?  We waited 5 months, just got my NVC in the mail today!!!  so  months and 3 weeks..   Now for the embassy and interview, etc.  Once the NOA2 is past, it seems like it goes twice as fast, well yes, it does but you will notice that "Game on"  once it gets to the embassy.  Still a ways to go, and anything can happen in the wait,  and it's not over until the CO sings "approved",  and then it's still not over, there is the GC and all.  Yes, many times I would have opted for the CR1 but it is what it is, and to us, the wait is worth the eventual outcome!

Since late March of 17 we  message and  text,  and vid twice a day, and being a 15 hour time difference it can have it's challenges but we have not missed a day yet!  Hang in there!  Keep busy,  it will happen!

Thanks for the encouragement. We stay in touch daily as well, the only reason I’m concerned about time is because my fiancée is pregnant with our twins and they’re due in April. Originally we thought she would be here in time to deliver but now I’m getting really worried. She works abroad and so she has no family or close friends near to help. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, legatoblue18 said:

Thanks for the encouragement. We stay in touch daily as well, the only reason I’m concerned about time is because my fiancée is pregnant with our twins and they’re due in April. Originally we thought she would be here in time to deliver but now I’m getting really worried. She works abroad and so she has no family or close friends near to help. 

Yeah, given your filing time,  it will be cutting it close.  If it is too close, she may get her visa and all, but not able to fly if she is too close for delivery.  I don't know your situation, however if you are able to, (and other more in the know here could shed light on this),  you could go to visit your fiancee there and be there for the birth of your babies.    I do believe she will have 4 months to make port in the US after her visa is approved, and 30 days to be wed.  At least I think that is how it works. 

Yeah, it seems the wait times are much longer now.  My best friend did k1 last year and she was in the states in 5 months.

I have had to book two more trips to break up the wait time.  I did a trip in July, going next month for two weeks and then february for 2 weeks

Timeline

I’ve visited 3 times, just got back from the most recent visit two weeks ago. With work and everything I’m not sure if I’ll be able to go again or not before the babies are due/she arrived. If I go again before she is here I want it to be for the delivery. But that’s not til March or April. 😔

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Highmystic said:

Yeah, given your filing time,  it will be cutting it close.  If it is too close, she may get her visa and all, but not able to fly if she is too close for delivery.  I don't know your situation, however if you are able to, (and other more in the know here could shed light on this),  you could go to visit your fiancee there and be there for the birth of your babies.    I do believe she will have 4 months to make port in the US after her visa is approved, and 30 days to be wed.  At least I think that is how it works. 

The visa is generally valid for 6 months after the medical has been completed

You have 90 days to marry your fiancé once they enter the US

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
20 hours ago, legatoblue18 said:

I was just thinking the same thing about us having just gotten married first. We are about a week past the 6 month mark for the NOA2 and still no communication or updates.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

@legatoblue18 If you fill out your timeline on your profile it will give you estimates of your NOA2 times. Not true-to-word obviously, but estimates. It will also connect you with a portal where you can see timelines of other members going through the same consulate - what questions they were asked, what their timelines are etc. 

21 hours ago, legatoblue18 said:

That has actually been discussed a few times.  CR visas are much cheaper and quicker.  Now that we are looking at 9 to 10 months for POE and then another year for AOS the K-1 process is ridiculously long and expensive.

CR visas are 12 to 14 months but you have the right to work and a green card in that time.  It is quicker and cheaper but it would require a few extra months before POE.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.