Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Interview completed on the 28th.  Everything went fine but issued a 221(g) for something stupid.  We were so close to the finish line.  Bummer

Her name was messed up on her original birth certificate, and it was corrected when she was a baby.  They want the incorrect name included as an A.K.A. on her NBI clearance.  (We all know that one-month old babies can be societal problems with stolen cars, drug dealing, and causing general mayhem.)   All we need to do is get a NBI clearance for her misspelled name on her birth certificate and send it in to them. 

They kept her passport, so this should be just a bump in the road.

Finally done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Hah, not at all! That information is interesting and useful to help out others for everyone.

If you want to talk about monopolies, let's talk about the Philippines ;) No offense anyone, just a fact :)

HMMMPH!

:rofl:

Timeline

For those interested in the NVC letter timing....

Well today I finally received the letter from NVC in US mail stating they received my petition and they'll forward it to the embassy in Manila. My "Ready" status changed appeared on the CEAC website status tracker on Sept. 25, so it took 4 days to get to me, even though Informed Delivery showed it was coming two days ago. 

Lesson learned: Informed delivery stuff might not appear for a couple days after you get the email saying it's coming.

Anyway, now we have what we need to go to get the medical at St. Lukes. Yay. 

March 30, 2017: I-129F Received by USCIS

April 19, 2017: NOA1

August 18, 2017: RFE Sent (Fiance intent to marry letter)

August 25, 2017: RFE Received

August 26, 2107: Evidence Sent

August 28, 2017: Evidence Received (Online Status Update)

September 5, 2017: NOA2 (based on website status update; no mail yet)

September 7, 2017: NOA2 Hardcopy received in US Mail

September 19, 2017: NVC Received case (based on phone call; received Case # and Invoice ID)

September 21, 2017: NVC Forwarded to embassy Manila

September 25, 2017: Embassy Received

September 29, 2017: NVC Letter Received in US mail (required for physical)

October 3, 2107: "OK to schedule interview" letter received from embassy via email

December 30, 2017: Medical Clearance

January 30, 2018: K-1 Visa Interview and RFE

March 8, 2018: K-1 Visa Approval

(...marriage and lots of happiness...)

May 25: Rejection notice for I-485/I-765 due to I-765 fees not required when filing both applications together

May 31: I-485/I-765 applications received by Chicago
June 22: Received letter saying biometrics is scheduled
July 9: Biometrics Completed
July 19: Online status updated to say "Ready to schedule interview"
Aug 1: Online status updated to say "Interview has been scheduled"
Aug 6: Received letter saying interview scheduled for Sept. 10

Sept 10: Interview complete, approved on the spot. USCIS Case Status website shows "we ordered your new card"

Sept 15: Online case status updated to say "Card was shipped on Sept. 13"

Sept 17: Green card received via USPS Priority Mail

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Talako said:

Interview completed on the 28th.  Everything went fine but issued a 221(g) for something stupid.  We were so close to the finish line.  Bummer

Her name was messed up on her original birth certificate, and it was corrected when she was a baby.  They want the incorrect name included as an A.K.A. on her NBI clearance.  (We all know that one-month old babies can be societal problems with stolen cars, drug dealing, and causing general mayhem.)   All we need to do is get a NBI clearance for her misspelled name on her birth certificate and send it in to them. 

They kept her passport, so this should be just a bump in the road.

This is very common in the Philippine embassy.  What is it, anyways??????   Can't nurses spell correctly?  Birth certificate after birth certificate has to be corrected because of misspelling.    Anyways, lucky they didn't want a 2nd CENOMAR with the AKA.  Lot's of 221g for that, as well.

How was the interview? otherwise.....  Did both of you attend? or just her?   What questions was asked?    I leave in 3.5 days to the PH to interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JimInUS said:

For those interested in the NVC letter timing....

Well today I finally received the letter from NVC in US mail stating they received my petition and they'll forward it to the embassy in Manila. My "Ready" status changed appeared on the CEAC website status tracker on Sept. 25, so it took 4 days to get to me, even though Informed Delivery showed it was coming two days ago. 

Lesson learned: Informed delivery stuff might not appear for a couple days after you get the email saying it's coming.

Anyway, now we have what we need to go to get the medical at St. Lukes. Yay. 

Congratulations!!  :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, CE and JR said:

We just got our NOA2! 164 days. Casetracker and online still hasn't updated, but I had submitted an inquiry to USCIS and we just reached the 15 day response period today, so they sent and email saying the case had been approved Sept 27th.

The California Service Center no longer has jurisdiction over your petition, which our records indicate was approved on September 27, 2017, and is currently in transit to the U.S. Department of State, Consular Section, for K-1 visa processing.

A bit annoying since I called and talked to a tier 2 on the 27th who was rude and said its still processing and we need to wait til outside of normal processing times, but doesn't matter now! On to the next step! 

Gefeliciteerd! :jest:

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
12 minutes ago, An&In said:

Got my NVC number today !:jest: Do I have to wait until it goes to embassy for DS-160? 

Nope, you can start working on it anytime, just better to wait to submit it until contacted by the Embassy.

And congrats! :D

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lorimedo said:

I'm seeing several May approvals. But our case hasn't been updated since May 10th. Does anyone know why this might be?..

I think there's only been a few May approvals with their NOA1 on the first dates of the month and Received date end of April.

Basically, they haven't still reached your date. 

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

ROC process 

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

I think there's only been a few May approvals with their NOA1 on the first dates of the month and Received date end of April.

Basically, they haven't still reached your date. 

We sent our at 27 April and we got our first NO1 in may 04 !!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lorimedo said:

We sent our at 27 April and we got our first NO1 in may 04 !!

Oh, ok, you mentioning May 10th got me confused :blink: So it might be any day now, since they are currently working around those dates (key word being MIGHT, since there's no rhyme or reason here).

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

ROC process 

3 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

This is very common in the Philippine embassy.  What is it, anyways??????   Can't nurses spell correctly?  Birth certificate after birth certificate has to be corrected because of misspelling.    Anyways, lucky they didn't want a 2nd CENOMAR with the AKA.  Lot's of 221g for that, as well.

How was the interview? otherwise.....  Did both of you attend? or just her?   What questions was asked?    I leave in 3.5 days to the PH to interview.

Not only was it misspelled, her middle name ended up as her last name.  It was written out and given, but, when the BC was issued, it was a mangled mess.

I did not attend.  Given the cost and my available vacation time, she chose that I come and get her when it is time for her to travel here.  For her, the interview was fairly easy.  They asked her the same few basic questions that others have reported.  Names, birth dates, how did you meet, etc.  It was about 5 minutes with CO.  More questions were asked in the pre-screen by the Filipino staff.  Nothing difficult, and they were nice to her.  She felt it was more conversational rather than an interrogation.  The hostile and dreaded fingerprint guy detailed in other process reports was all smiles and jokes.  R is short, and she had to stand on her tippy toes to see if see was putting her fingers on the machine correctly.  apparently he thought that was funny as heck. 

She was not asked for the I-134, Letters of Intent, proof of ongoing relationship, and a few other things that I have forgotten.  The CO asked if she had any pictures.  She did not really look at them, but asked how tall I am.  R is 4'11" and I'm 6'3".  So, as you can imagine, there were smiles and laughs about that.  

Finally done.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Talako said:

Not only was it misspelled, her middle name ended up as her last name.  It was written out and given, but, when the BC was issued, it was a mangled mess.

I did not attend.  Given the cost and my available vacation time, she chose that I come and get her when it is time for her to travel here.  For her, the interview was fairly easy.  They asked her the same few basic questions that others have reported.  Names, birth dates, how did you meet, etc.  It was about 5 minutes with CO.  More questions were asked in the pre-screen by the Filipino staff.  Nothing difficult, and they were nice to her.  She felt it was more conversational rather than an interrogation.  The hostile and dreaded fingerprint guy detailed in other process reports was all smiles and jokes.  R is short, and she had to stand on her tippy toes to see if see was putting her fingers on the machine correctly.  apparently he thought that was funny as heck. 

She was not asked for the I-134, Letters of Intent, proof of ongoing relationship, and a few other things that I have forgotten.  The CO asked if she had any pictures.  She did not really look at them, but asked how tall I am.  R is 4'11" and I'm 6'3".  So, as you can imagine, there were smiles and laughs about that.  

LOL   I wonder what goes on in the P S A?  And we complain about uscis - those guys at PSA are really challenged :D   

Thanx for the interview review.   I been dreading that fingerprint character myself!  I have a smart mouth and I already resolved to bit my lip before even going up to that counter with Ann.  I think I'll be reserved, at least I'm going to try lol   Hopefully he is in a good mood for us, also.

When is your POE?  Scheduling it after VOH?

Ann opted for companionship at interview over the POE.  It is so far and so long, it's impossible to do both.  I'm just lucky I got others to cover my shifts for the trip.  For comparison purposes, I went ahead and bought her ticket from MNL to Miami - I found it for less than $600.  Believe it or not, I just couldn't manage to get it any lower so I bit.  I imagine yours could be less in TX.  I used ASAP tickets again.

Congratulations on such a speedy post NVC run through the embassy, PH embassy sure is FAST but we won't tell @Estibaliz   :secret:

:rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.