AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AntoinetteB said:

great thats what i needed to know so if he gets them before he has to show proof a shot record that he got them,but can any doctor provide him with these shots or does it have to be a certified american approved doctor. Also my mom works with a woman and he went through the cr1 process but tried to do k1 visa first and she told me today they sent her entire package back after she waited the 9 months or so she said it was due to only being together for 2 years and i was like huh why would they do that so now i worried about things that are not my own problem :wacko:  Thank You Naes 

Vaccines can be done by anyone (as some usually are done as a baby) but the last approval that says this person has all vaccinations completed for immigration has to be an approved clinic from embassy.

i would wait and just get them at the clinic.

I was with my fiancé only for 9 months when we sent our package...

there are cases that gets approved that sent after 1-2 months of relationship. Believe me their reason was not that.. the embassy just didn't believe their relationship was bonafide.

Just now, ana e jordan said:

And I also read that is more important for the adjustment of status, so maybe they will only require after this K1 process. But yes, the doctor will say and advise. Maybe it s more interesting to have them before if his country has a public vaccination programme to get them for free instead of paying in the clinic that he will advise.

Yes vaccination paper is important for AOS. Definitely get a copy from the doctor when you finished at the clinic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Now Vaccinations have been brought up, it's actually reminded me of a silly little issue I have with collecting all my records.
So my doctor rejected my request for testing my blood for Varicella (chickenpox), which I know I have had. so now I can either go find a private doctor (to receive a letter confirming I've had the silly thing) or go for a more costly route and just purchase the vaccine from a travel clinic... choices... choices....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

right i was thinking the same thing anyway the closer it gets the more i become like paranoid and frantic about any and every outcome me and my fiance was together for about a year when i filed i'll except even an rfe because i know an approval will follow. He does remember getting a vaccination  in second grade but no records are were kept so he's starting fresh,he's nervous about getting so many lol but i told him if he wants to make it to me he has to get through this 

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Linkie said:

Now Vaccinations have been brought up, it's actually reminded me of a silly little issue I have with collecting all my records.
So my doctor rejected my request for testing my blood for Varicella (chickenpox), which I know I have had. so now I can either go find a private doctor (to receive a letter confirming I've had the silly thing) or go for a more costly route and just purchase the vaccine from a travel clinic... choices... choices....

Chicken pox doesn't need a test, you can just tell them you had it. (This is chicken pox only)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haven't posted in a while, really nothing to add to these conversations except to join in the general excitement to see that so much of August is progressing well!  Very wonderful to see all this!  We are continuing to get our documents together for the embassy visit, and I'll have one more packet to send, probably after we get our NOA2, there should be time.  September 14th NOA1 for us, tick...tick...tick...

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AntoinetteB said:

right i was thinking the same thing anyway the closer it gets the more i become like paranoid and frantic about any and every outcome me and my fiance was together for about a year when i filed i'll except even an rfe because i know an approval will follow. He does remember getting a vaccination  in second grade but no records are were kept so he's starting fresh,he's nervous about getting so many lol but i told him if he wants to make it to me he has to get through this 

In my country when I was born they even did some of them at school. So it was mandatory but I lost all my records and now living in a different country... and my tests so far didn't even show my immunity... so I will have to take them again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

In my country when I was born they even did some of them at school. So it was mandatory but I lost all my records and now living in a different country... and my tests so far didn't even show my immunity... so I will have to take them again

thats exactly what they did in his country they came to his school to give them to the children. So what are the vaccines they will give you all at the medical? are you waiting until your medical to get yours? 

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Chicken pox doesn't need a test, you can just tell them you had it. (This is chicken pox only)

I read about that, but I also saw stories that some required some kind of letter, from a doctor, confirming they've actually had it or that they'll be tested anyway and etc. 
It's like over 100 quid for this vaccine in some places.... so if that's true then that's over 100 quid saved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AntoinetteB said:

thats exactly what they did in his country they came to his school to give them to the children. So what are the vaccines they will give you all at the medical? are you waiting until your medical to get yours? 

I spoke to another USC with a Ghanaian fiancé (who’s been approved and made it to US last month) and she said the vaccines will depend on the region. My fiancé doesn’t have much in the way of records either, and he’s going to wait until the official medical appointment to get anything rather than risk not having the right documentation for anything he gets elsewhere.  We were also advised that he may not be able to get all the vaccines at once, so start that process as soon as you can.  Hopefully he’s not too far from the approved medical place. My fiancé is a 4 hour drive away 😒. Hope that helps!

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

Timeline
19 minutes ago, AntoinetteB said:

I'm getting TDr (I think that was the name... can never remember) measles, mumps.

i have rubella immunity proof and had chickenpox.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Linkie said:

I read about that, but I also saw stories that some required some kind of letter, from a doctor, confirming they've actually had it or that they'll be tested anyway and etc. 
It's like over 100 quid for this vaccine in some places.... so if that's true then that's over 100 quid saved!

You should ask to the clinic that will do the medical exam. (Mine said i can just tell them, if they push I also have the scar from scratching to prove 😁)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, ana e jordan said:

And I also read that is more important for the adjustment of status, so maybe they will only require after this K1 process. But yes, the doctor will say and advise. Maybe it s more interesting to have them before if his country has a public vaccination programme to get them for free instead of paying in the clinic that he will advise.

I would try get as many done before your medical as possible. I believe that there a few on the list that can;t be done within 2 weeks of each other. If the beneficiary has time njow, just get some done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
3 hours ago, ana e jordan said:

It is very important. If the doctor doesn't fill the form ds3025 (ask for a copy) you might have to get a doctor that is certified through uscis to fill it out and check for vaccines so you are paying twice. Make sure you get it done during the medical since you are already paying for it and ask for a copy of the vaccine form. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello dear Septembers and everyone!

Since things are getting closer, I decided to check our mailed documents to make sure evrything was alright. I better haven't. So I just noticed that in I-129f form in part Other Information, Item 24 where it asks about city/town/village of petitioner's birth, my fiancée put "<city name>, Washington", and then left Item 25 "Province or state of birth" blank. Also as a country of birth of my parents we put USSR, but I just read that it was supposed to be the country that exists now, so Russia. Why haven't we checked this before? I don't know, sillies.

So my question is - what will happen with those thingies? RFE? Denial? Death penalty? 😰

K-1 journey (Sept 2017 - July 2018)

Spoiler

08/31/2017 - petition mailed                                             03/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"           

09/05/2017 - case received                                               05/07/2018 - medical - passed 

09/07/2017 - NOA1                                                             05/10/2018 - interview - approved

03/07/2018 - NOA2 (case status updated 03/08)         05/14/2018 - VOH

03/22/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned          06/18/2018 - POE Seattle

03/26/2018 - NVC left                                                        07/07/2018 - wedding

AOS journey (Sept 2018 - Jan 2019)

Spoiler

09/05/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/07/2018 - cases received 

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

10/05/2018 - biometrics appointment

12/07/2018 - interview scheduled

01/15/2019 - interview - approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card received

01/22/2019 - Green Card received

ROC journey (Oct 2020 - Jun 2021)

Spoiler

10/16/2020 - 01/14/2021 - window for applying

10/26/2020 - petition mailed

10/29/2020 - case received

11/25/2020 - check cashed

11/23/2020 - NOA1

12/16/2020 - biometrics appointment/waived

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

06/03/2022 - ROC petition approved

06/07/2022 - green card received

Naturalization journey (Jan 2022 - )

01/31/2022 - N-400 form filed online

01/31/2022 - biometrics reuse notice

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

xx/xx/xxxx - oath ceremony

Timeline
1 minute ago, KatziGuthmann said:

Hello dear Septembers and everyone!

Since things are getting closer, I decided to check our mailed documents to make sure evrything was alright. I better haven't. So I just noticed that in I-129f form in part Other Information, Item 24 where it asks about city/town/village of petitioner's birth, my fiancée put "<city name>, Washington", and then left Item 25 "Province or state of birth" blank. Also as a country of birth of my parents we put USSR, but I just read that it was supposed to be the country that exists now, so Russia. Why haven't we checked this before? I don't know, sillies.

So my question is - what will happen with those thingies? RFE? Denial? Death penalty? 😰

Hmm it does sound like an rfe.

i think you can avoid death penalty and denial is like worse than death penalty!!

dont worry it would only be a simple rfe to correct it :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.