Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, DKG said:

Monday, June 11th, 2018 my husband gets a text message that our case status has been updated on USCIS to "On June 11, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice."

Still no letter in the mail with an official interview date.

Anyone else with a similar timeline? how long did you wait for the official interview date to come in the mail? how far out in advance was your interview scheduled for? I'm hoping we will have an interview in mid-July. 

Appreciate any feedback!:D(L)

The mailed notice will have the interview date on it.

Our interview date (just this past week, June 8th) was dated about a month from the notice date, so hopefully you'll see the same. So it's possible for your interview to be mid-July.

10/28/16 ~ Sent I-129F

10/31/16 ~ Delivered

11/03/16 ~ NOA1 email/text confirmation. Transferred to CA center.

11/09/16 ~ NOA1 letter received

01/25/17 ~ Case Approved

01/31/17 ~ NOA2 letter received (no email/text confirmation)

02/17/17 ~ NVC sent petition to Mumbai Embassy

02/25/17 ~ Received NVC letter/ Case Number

03/06/17 ~ Fiance received K1 Instruction Packet from Embassy

03/23/17 ~ Medical screen

04/13/17 ~ Interview in Mumbai/RFE

07/07/17 ~ K1/K2 Visas Created

08/01/17 ~ US POE SeaTac

08/09/17 ~ Marriage

09/03/17 ~ K2 arrival POE SeaTac

09/22/17 ~ Filed AoS & EAP

10/16/17 ~ Biometrics

04/26/18 ~ EAP Approved

06/08/18 ~ AoS Interview & Approval!

06/27/18 ~ Green Cards Arrived

05/18/20 ~ Sent I-751

05/19/20 ~ Delivered

05/22/20 ~ Text confirmation and receipt # given

05/26/20 ~ Check cleared

07/13/20 ~ NOA Green Card Extension received

07/13/20 ~ NOA Regarding biometrics being applied

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Interview is schedulded for August 10th 

Tucson field office 

PD 09/05/2017

Status changed to Ready to schedule last monday and then that friday my interview was schedulded ( according to letter ) status in USCIS tracker remains ready to be schedulded and on this new status case update website it still says biometrics fee received. So dont worry about the case trackers to much 

4 hours ago, mustang85635 said:

Interview is schedulded for August 10th 

Tucson field office 

PD 09/05/2017

Status changed to Ready to schedule last monday and then that friday my interview was schedulded ( according to letter ) status in USCIS tracker remains ready to be schedulded and on this new status case update website it still says biometrics fee received. So dont worry about the case trackers to much 

Same here, 

PD Sept 26, 2017

Interview on Aug 1, 2018 at San Antonio, TX.

Status not updated. Just got the notice in the mailbox yesterday. I'm a little concerned about my medical, which was done overseas on May, 2017 as requirement for K1, sealed envelope handed over at poe. I included the vaccination worksheet on the AOS packet. I hope I wouldn't be required to take another one. :/ 

Timelines

Spoiler

AOS Process

2017 Sept 20               AOS/EAD/AP Sent via FedEx

2017 Sept 26               USCIS RECEIVED - Notice Date

2017 Sept 27               Email & Text Notifications for 3 Forms (11:30pm)

2017 Oct 02                 NOA hard copies received

2017 Oct 14                 Biometrics appointment letter received (Oct 7 Notice Date)

2017 Oct 26                 Biometrics at Austin ASC 11:00am (Completed in 10 min)

2017 Nov 14                AOS Case Status Changed to "Ready to Be Scheduled For An Interview"

2017 Nov 27                EAD/AP Approved (68 Days) - Notices received  Dec 1, combo card on Dec 04

2018 June 27               Interview Notice Date (Mail received July 2) 

2018 Aug 01                Interview Date - Approved

I-129F K1 Process

Spoiler

K1 Visa - PH K1 Visa Guide

2017 Jan 09                 I-129F Sent                           

2017 Jan 10                 I-129F Received           

2017 Jan 13                 I-129F NOA 1                         

2017 Apr 05                 I-129F NOA 2 (82 Days from NOA1)

2017 Apr 26                 I-129F NVC Received (21 Days from NOA2)

2017 May 2                  Consulate Received (6 Days from NVC)

2017 May 8                  Medical SLEC (1 Day - passed)

2017 Jun 01                 Interview - Approved (139 Days from NOA1)

2017 Jun 06                 Visa Received (5 Days from Interview)

2017 July 26                US Entry (PoE: San Francisco)

2017 Aug 04                Applied for SSN

2017 Aug 28                Wedding                                  

2017 Sept 15               Applied for SSN Name Change

I filed for renewal of my EAD (I-765) in June as my current EAD expires in December and processing time is four to six months. On June 23, it was updated online to "We received your case" and I also received the NOA for it this past week and it's been accepted, so that's all good. Then on June 29, it was updated online to "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case". This didn't happen at all with my first EAD - that didn't update until six months after I received it - and even then, not with that specific message.

Does this mean my biometrics have been reviewed for both EAD renewal AND I-485? Is my I-485 potentially being moved along at all?

I know many have waited so much longer than me but I am struggling with patience. My field office (San Fernando Valley, CA) just updated their processing times to 12-23.5 months ugh.

Did anyone else get the "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case" update and then have any activity on their actual AOS case shortly after? TIA.

I-751 - Pending

PD: Jul 27, 2020 (California Service Center / WAC) w/ 18 mth extension letter

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

I-130 / I-485 - Approved Oct 2018
PD: Sep 15, 2017
Biometrics: Oct 11, 2017
EAD: Dec 13, 2017 (Didn't apply for AP)
EAD Renewal PD: June 19, 2018
EAD Renewal Fingerprint Review Completed: July 6, 2018
Interview Ready to be Scheduled: Jul 17, 2018
Interview: Oct 16, 2018

Approved - Card Received

AOS from O1 through marriage

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Timeline
1 hour ago, KathCali said:

I filed for renewal of my EAD (I-765) in June as my current EAD expires in December and processing time is four to six months. On June 23, it was updated online to "We received your case" and I also received the NOA for it this past week and it's been accepted, so that's all good. Then on June 29, it was updated online to "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case". This didn't happen at all with my first EAD - that didn't update until six months after I received it - and even then, not with that specific message.

Does this mean my biometrics have been reviewed for both EAD renewal AND I-485? Is my I-485 potentially being moved along at all?

I know many have waited so much longer than me but I am struggling with patience. My field office (San Fernando Valley, CA) just updated their processing times to 12-23.5 months ugh.

Did anyone else get the "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case" update and then have any activity on their actual AOS case shortly after? TIA.

Yes it means they used your old biometrics for it which is standard practice. Processing will probably still take around 3 months just like a new EAD application . 

The new processing times seem to jump every month and I wouldn't say are very accurate, they just want people to stop calling in. Whats the status on your I-485 ?

Just now, mustang85635 said:

Yes it means they used your old biometrics for it which is standard practice. Processing will probably still take around 3 months just like a new EAD application . 

The new processing times seem to jump every month and I wouldn't say are very accurate, they just want people to stop calling in. Whats the status on your I-485 ?

That makes sense, thank you. As I filed my EAD renewal six months in advance, I'm not worried about getting that in time. I'm mostly interested in whether this means my I-485 might be making progress.

The status on my I-485 has been "We received your biometrics fee and are reviewing your case" since it was received on September 15, 2017 (on both USCIS sites and the tracker app).

I-751 - Pending

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

Approved - Card Received

Timeline
Just now, KathCali said:

That makes sense, thank you. As I filed my EAD renewal six months in advance, I'm not worried about getting that in time. I'm mostly interested in whether this means my I-485 might be making progress.

The status on my I-485 has been "We received your biometrics fee and are reviewing your case" since it was received on September 15, 2017 (on both USCIS sites and the tracker app).

Yea , mine took like 9 months to go from “we receieved your biometrics” to ready to schedule for an interview they then quickly booked the interview. all last week. 

I hope it goes quickly for you . It was a painful process all the wait for a status update. It did in the end but not accurate at all. 

My field office went to 8-14months to process family based I-485 to 12-22 months in like two months . So completely off the charts . As you can see mine will be 9-10 months so dont worry to much about the processing times. 

Just now, mustang85635 said:

Yea , mine took like 9 months to go from “we receieved your biometrics” to ready to schedule for an interview they then quickly booked the interview. all last week. 

I hope it goes quickly for you . It was a painful process all the wait for a status update. It did in the end but not accurate at all. 

My field office went to 8-14months to process family based I-485 to 12-22 months in like two months . So completely off the charts . As you can see mine will be 9-10 months so dont worry to much about the processing times. 

Thank you so much. My field office just increased from 9.5-22.5 to 12-23.5 months over night but I'm hoping that's for more recent cases perhaps. That's encouraging to hear that yours was still within the original timeframe. Good luck with your interview :) 

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KathCali said:

Thank you so much. My field office just increased from 9.5-22.5 to 12-23.5 months over night but I'm hoping that's for more recent cases perhaps. That's encouraging to hear that yours was still within the original timeframe. Good luck with your interview :) 

Thank you, only thing I can tell you really helps is to go on with your life and really dont check anything.You are probably doing that but just saying I micromanaged everything and looked at the status everyday but that just frustrates, when I stoped looking at everything I opened the mailbox last week and there it was .

Filed: Other Timeline
9 hours ago, KathCali said:

I would take that with a grain of salt & wait & see.

Our field office (Minneapolis) was reporting similar numbers.   Our filing date was Sept 27 2017, so we were digging in for the long haul.

On Saturday we got letters indicating that the interviews were set for Aug. 1.

2 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Just got the text that our interview has been scheduled. Now to wait for the letter with the date in the mail. :D

What was ur submission date ?

PD: 09/08/2017

They received: 09/11/17

Biometeric: 10/06/17

i485 changed to case is ready to schedule 10/18/17

No Ead yet as of 11/30/17 it's been 80 days yet. 

I filed my EAD renewal mid June and received the receipt notice in the mail shortly after. I have another letter from uscis today (image attached) - has anyone received more than one letter in the mail for EAD renewal or could it possibly be my interview notice? Is this what the interview notice looks like? It’s a regular envelope size and shape when I click on it, my informed delivery just made it look a bit squarish like a package in the preview. TIA ! 33D83F44-E305-4444-90EA-16D6F41EF3CB.thumb.jpeg.fd9c81f06ed634f847bcbabeebb56381.jpeg

Edited by KathCali
Clarifying image

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.