Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 26-5-2018 at 11:59 AM, PR&PR said:

I got my hopes up the other night...I got a text message notification saying my status on a case was updated. I do not know which number is associated to what,but I have had my EAD/AP since December...So I thought it was my interview finally being scheduled (been ready to schedule since end of october)...Well no after almost 5 months they just updated my EAD status to say it had been delivered...REALLY?!

Exactly the same here. These following months are the possible months for receiving an interview notice for me (I based this on the reports of Atlanta AOS from K1 on this site), so it was super disappointing to receive a text and email that was only about having my EAD/AP combo card sent to me (which arrived by December).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got the same text regarding a case update, also saying that my combo card has been delivered...

The wait continues.... :mellow:

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Guys I got the same text a couple of days ago... saying case was updated and it was just about the ead card which was delivered to me about a month ago or so... I was so excited and then when I saw what it was I was like merp 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Yeah it sucks :(

I did check my case status on the old site, and that has finally been updated, but only for EAD/AP. The AOS is still at "biometrics fee received" (I have already done my biometrics). The new site states they are ready to schedule my interview and that I need to wait now.

Hello I am September filler. 

I got my ead in November . Yesterday I sent me ead renewable papers. It’s free if you send it urself and if you send thru attorney theu will charge you.. if u are renewing ur ead while pending gc you biometrics will be waived I believe.. I just sent mine so let’s see.. u should send ur ead 180 days prior to expiration date. Cuz it’s take longer time to get Renew ead

My I 485 is still on ready to be schedule. So I m not sure when it ll change. Since I m from  New York it will be longer wait time .. 

PD: 09/08/2017

They received: 09/11/17

Biometeric: 10/06/17

i485 changed to case is ready to schedule 10/18/17

No Ead yet as of 11/30/17 it's been 80 days yet. 

And I also found that when you send ur ead for Renew. Or old ead automaticslly extended for 6 month after the expiration date. This is the new law they came up with last years 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got a notice in the mail that the interview was scheduled in July. There's a list of documents that I'm supposed to bring but I wanted to know if I had submitted the financial affidavit and the medical vaccinations along with my I-485, do I need to bring them again with me to the interview? There's also a bullet that states, "bring a copy and the original of all supporting documents that you submitted with your application." Does that mean the documents submitted with the initial application or the ones listed in the notice?

Also, if anyone went through the interview- I'd love to know your experiences, the supporting documents, etc. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, John_Bee said:

Hi all,

I got a notice in the mail that the interview was scheduled in July. There's a list of documents that I'm supposed to bring but I wanted to know if I had submitted the financial affidavit and the medical vaccinations along with my I-485, do I need to bring them again with me to the interview? There's also a bullet that states, "bring a copy and the original of all supporting documents that you submitted with your application." Does that mean the documents submitted with the initial application or the ones listed in the notice?

Also, if anyone went through the interview- I'd love to know your experiences, the supporting documents, etc. Thanks!

Normally you should have made a copy of what you sent in for the AOS. I printed the whole package twice and so I have basically 2 originals...Definitely everything that was a copy (birth certificate, mariage certificate..etc) I would definitely bring the original with me for the interview.

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

5 hours ago, John_Bee said:

Hi all,

When did you sent your application ???

what is ur pd?? Where you filling from ?? 

3 hours ago, Path24 said:

When did you sent your application ???

what is ur pd?? Where you filling from ?? 

It was received by USCIS on Sep 27th, 2017.

Sorry, what's PD?

And I'm filing from MA.

3 hours ago, PR&PR said:

Normally you should have made a copy of what you sent in for the AOS. I printed the whole package twice and so I have basically 2 originals...Definitely everything that was a copy (birth certificate, mariage certificate..etc) I would definitely bring the original with me for the interview.

I read about making a second copy AFTER mailing everything in, so I don't really have second copies of what I sent.

I just don't know if I should bring in forms that I had sent already since they say you don't have to if you already sent it, but at the same time they also say missing any document= denial of application. 

2 hours ago, John_Bee said:

Sorry, what's PD?

And I'm filing from MA.

I read about making a second copy AFTER mailing everything in, so I don't really have second copies of what I sent.

I just don't know if I should bring in forms that I had sent already since they say you don't have to if you already sent it, but at the same time they also say missing any document= denial of application. 

Oh wow pretty fast! 

I m New York filer 

my case was received in sept 11 2017 

4 hours ago, John_Bee said:

Sorry, what's PD?

And I'm filing from MA.

Most people don't have an issue, but in my wife's case they lost her fiance visa packet. Luckily, I had brought a copy of her birth certificate and a couple other forms they asked for. Otherwise we would have been denied outright. Birth certificates, marriage licenses, make sure you have copies just in case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hello All,

Just want to share my status in case anyone is in the same boat. Always nice to compare process times.

I am an early September 2017 I-485 filer originally through Fiance Visa and have had the case status on USCIS "Ready to schedule interview" late September as stayed that way about for 10 months.

Monday, June 11th, 2018 my husband gets a text message that our case status has been updated on USCIS to "On June 11, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice."

Still no letter in the mail with an official interview date.

Anyone else with a similar timeline? how long did you wait for the official interview date to come in the mail? how far out in advance was your interview scheduled for? I'm hoping we will have an interview in mid-July. 

Appreciate any feedback!:D(L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.