4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, CAPW said:

What number did you call to get onto the tier 1? 

1 800 375 5283

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

27 minutes ago, kas634 said:

So I just talked to Tier 1 and the guy was able to tell me our case has not been assigned yet.. I always thought only Tier 2 could tell us that. I know we shouldn't trust them on whether or not our case is approved, should I trust them on this??

I would take it with a grain of salt. USCIS is known as the misinformation line around here. As frustrating as it is, you really are within normal service times. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I would take it with a grain of salt. USCIS is known as the misinformation line around here. As frustrating as it is, you really are within normal service times. 

Yeah, seems to be the case.. I'm not too concerned about processing times yet (still got 20 days to go before things get a bit more concerning) :) 

Edited by kas634

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I are both very frustrated, we both continue to check USCIS and I continue to check the mail in the hopes of receiving our NOA2.  Our NOA1 date was August 3rd, I notice there are many recipients with a later date than ours who have already received their NOA2 but I also notice there are many NOA1 filers before me with no additional info posted in VJ.  I would like to hear something but I don't want to complain and rock the boat with the USCIS by inquiring and causing a red flag by possibly being a complainer and making it more difficult for us to be together.  I have been in Law Enforcement for over 30 years so there isn't much to check on me; I would like to hear something even if it is an RFE.  VJ said after February 18th I should consider contacting USCIS; give us your thoughts, how much longer should we wait before I try to contact USCIS?  Any and all recommendations and comments are welcome!!!!

Thanks,

Phil & Maricris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
18 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Good luck!  

I just called and was a bit firm that I wanted to speak with a Tier 2 representative. Told him I called multiple times this week, didn't get the help I need, and the issue needed to be escalated so they forwarded me to a Tier II. 124 minute wait time for a call back... waiting! Just want to know if my case has been touched or not.

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

18 minutes ago, Maricris & Phil said:

My fiance and I are both very frustrated, we both continue to check USCIS and I continue to check the mail in the hopes of receiving our NOA2.  Our NOA1 date was August 3rd, I notice there are many recipients with a later date than ours who have already received their NOA2 but I also notice there are many NOA1 filers before me with no additional info posted in VJ.  I would like to hear something but I don't want to complain and rock the boat with the USCIS by inquiring and causing a red flag by possibly being a complainer and making it more difficult for us to be together.  I have been in Law Enforcement for over 30 years so there isn't much to check on me; I would like to hear something even if it is an RFE.  VJ said after February 18th I should consider contacting USCIS; give us your thoughts, how much longer should we wait before I try to contact USCIS?  Any and all recommendations and comments are welcome!!!!

Thanks,

Phil & Maricris

I would suggest that you go ahead and contact them. You call not to complain but to inquire about your case which is your right. There's no harm in trying. Who knows? You might get some positive result ;)

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Maricris & Phil said:

Thanks,

Phil & Maricris

Hi Marcris & Phil, the best advice I can give is to spend a few hours reading the posts on this site, @Naes has a lot of graphs and other members post scans, the one thing that you need to accept is that there is no  system to the way the USCIS work or as it has been over the last few months don't work, I think you would have more luck playing the numbers in Vegas than trying to understand the way they work at the USCIS.

Edited by colin57

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Maricris & Phil said:

Thanks,

Phil & Maricris

It must be a little frustrating to hear of others who filed after you getting their approvals, but I just had a glance at your timeline and honestly, I would just stick it out a while longer. As another user said, don't be afraid to get in touch with them if you really want to. You don't need to worry about annoying them or coming off as a "complainer", as long as your inquiry is succinct and polite. However, if you check USCIS processing times, it still shows August 1, so you're not technically outside of the normal range just yet even though you can see that others who filed later than you have been approved. It could be that the reviewing officer's pile that your petition is in is just going in a different order or had some more difficult petitions that required more time to review you never know. I would wait a month before starting to get antsy. If September starts and you still haven't heard anything then by all means. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Maricris & Phil said:

Thanks,

Phil & Maricris

I called earlier to inquire what's up with my case and I filed 2 weeks after you did. I'll report back when I get a Tier II call back as to if it was successful :)

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

@Maricris & Phil; I have called tier 2 multiple times. When you call, make it clear to the tier 1 representative that you want to speak to a supervisor. They might try to talk you out of it, but ask to be transferred - and then they should either connect you to someone (rarely) or send you to a call queue where they give you an estimated call return time and ask you to speak your name, etc.

I can't say that my calls ever did anything productive as far as my case, but I did feel much better after speaking to an ACTUAL USCIS agent. 

I wish you all of the luck.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, blenheim said:

I just got a call back and SHE SAID WE WERE APPROVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!! and that the approval would be mailed out today or tomorrow (please don't be a false positive 😭  somehow) My NOA1 is August 18th.

I recommend calling and asking to speak to a Tier 2 representative.

Congratulations.... 2nd person I read that got the approved notification after talking to Tier 2 ...

Edited by Joselio

33 minutes ago, blenheim said:

I just got a call back and SHE SAID WE WERE APPROVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!! and that the approval would be mailed out today or tomorrow (please don't be a false positive 😭  somehow) My NOA1 is August 18th.

Congratulations!!! So happy for you! 

This is the positive result I was talking about @Maricris & Phil So don't hesitate and call. At least you'll get answers instead of wondering. Best of luck!

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
39 minutes ago, blenheim said:

Congrats!!! I'm Aug 18 too (from Norway!). What number did you use to call USCIS and that tier 2 person? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.