dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2017

716 posts in this topic

Just now, davidoffbln said:

Hi, I don't know if im right here...Our case status on USCIS changed to "On August 14, 2017, we sent your case, Receipt Number LINXXX, to the Department of State for visa processing." I sent a email now through this link https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php with my email address so they can email me instead of post mail. Is that enogh or do I have to call again?

I would wait about a week for them to receive it from USCIS and then call NVC to ensure they have your correct email address on file. I personally did not have good luck with the NVC email. I sent them a question regarding my fees and received a response a month later. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Just now, cleon86 said:

I would wait about a week for them to receive it from USCIS and then call NVC to ensure they have your correct email address on file. I personally did not have good luck with the NVC email. I sent them a question regarding my fees and received a response a month later. 

Oh ok thanks. I'll call them next week.

25 minutes ago, davidoffbln said:

Hi, I don't know if im right here...Our case status on USCIS changed to "On August 14, 2017, we sent your case, Receipt Number LINXXX, to the Department of State for visa processing." I sent a email now through this link https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php with my email address so they can email me instead of post mail. Is that enogh or do I have to call again?

I would say calling is the safest way to make sure that they got your email. 

3 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs Eze said:

Please must we submit past years tax.. 2015 and 2016

I submitted 2014, 2015 and 2016 along with my W-2s for 2016. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, davidoffbln said:

Call in about a week to ask for NVC case number along with invoice ID and also verify email address. In the meantime you can start gather all of your documents so that you area prepared to fill out DS-260, etc. GL!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 hours ago, CA1515 said:

Paid IV fee, it shows paid but has not been taken out of bank account should i be worried? AOS fee still in process and that one did come out of my bank account already 7 days ago, not sure what is going on or what to do? 

Hey buddy,

If it shows as paid, you have nothing to worry about if it has not been withdrawn from your account. Please feel free to PM me if you need any help or have any questions. I also live in the bay area (San Ramon).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs Eze said:

Please what other financial documents do we need... Please....

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

This page will give you all the info you need.

Hi everyone,

i am sorry if I missed this somewhere.

I am working on my DS260,  on the section regarding present work/education - does it only require current work? there is an option for other occupations, this doesn't mean i have to add "prior" work right? if i take the literal interpretation...other, is what else i am doing currently not past.. :rolleyes: 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, myheart0628 said:

So I have received the dreaded Checklist for my cosponsors household members proof of citizenship. This is so devastating.

I got the same thing..but strange part was...i didn't have a co-sponser.  I have an adult (18yr old) child who had income on my taxes.  But I didn't need her to sponsor my husband.  So thankfully I was able to get is resolved in a couple of weeks.  But.... sorry to hear about your checklist.  Hopefully you can get your case completed quickly.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/15/2017 at 9:13 AM, kunzie11 said:

CC for a second scan date within 5.43 weeks (38 days only).

2nd scan date on 7/7

CC - 8/14

Interview - 9/28

Tracker is updated. Did not expect a CC this soon. So happy!!!

Wow amazing!! We are also at Mumbai!! Very fast closure on your second scan date! Congratulations and good luck on your interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/9/2017 at 0:09 PM, AnnaLuke said:

Please refer to this website. https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my/ekonsular_on9/login/GUIDELINES.pdf

I requested my Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC equivalent to police Certificate) online. Then I waited for a few weeks, cant remember. I think no more than 3 weeks. They said to wait for 1-2months, but got it earlier. After they issued the CGC, you can collect it for MYR20 at Ministry of Foreign Affair, Wisma Putra. 

Can I know in what formate is the GCG like Becos the first one I got was for study and the statement was " Malaysia has no adverse record on the above name and passport no " , is it same for the CGC u got? Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.