dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2017

716 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Segun1988 said:

Can I know in what formate is the GCG like Becos the first one I got was for study and the statement was " Malaysia has no adverse record on the above name and passport no " , is it same for the CGC u got? Thanks 

This is how it looks like. Is it the same?1502985054119.thumb.jpeg.1344707de9697d26bc1e27812bbe2a77.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnnaLuke said:

This is how it looks like. Is it the same?1502985054119.thumb.jpeg.1344707de9697d26bc1e27812bbe2a77.jpeg

Yes it's same , but I get mine in January 2016 when I finished my studies in Malaysia now they want me to get a new one . It's been 2 weeks that I apply still in process and the one I got in January 2016 took just 5 working days to be ready I'm confuse  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Segun1988 said:

This is mine 

IMG_0558.PNG

Yeah. You should apply for the new one as it has been more than a year since Jan 2016. Doesn't matter when did you leave Malaysia. The point is, the CGC must be less than a year starting from the date issued. Sorry for that. ☹️ Have you checked the website if it's ready? 

Why do they need the CGC from Malaysia? Did you send the Jan 2016 after you get the checklist? How about the CGC/police record from Nigeria?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

For the Dominicans, did your police certificate show your passport number or your cedula number?

cedula

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

So I finally got my case number and invoice number but no welcome letter yet (it was put in the system yesterday). When I get on my CEAC account I have the choose an agent option "start application" and the IV fee "start now". Does this always show like this or can I actually start? At least complete the DS-261?

Edited by Leah09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

So I finally got my case number and invoice number but no welcome letter yet (it was put in the system yesterday). When I get on my CEAC account I have the choose an agent option "start application" and the IV fee "start now". Does this always show like this or can I actually start? At least complete the DS-261?

Go ahead and see if you can start working on the DS 261 by clicking the Start button. If yes complete it and then head towards the payments too

Edited by Sam2134

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

Did you follow the date on the mail (letter) approval or the online notification? 

3 minutes ago, uali4572 said:

Did you follow the date on the mail (letter) approval or the online notification? 

What do you mean follow the date? You're talking about USCIS approval date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Leah09 said:

What do you mean follow the date? You're talking about USCIS approval date?

yes that's what I mean. My letter said the case was sent on the 2nd but the website says on 14th. I am not sure when did they actually sent the case to NVC

9 minutes ago, uali4572 said:

yes that's what I mean. My letter said the case was sent on the 2nd but the website says on 14th. I am not sure when did they actually sent the case to NVC

I go by the letter since that's the official document they say to keep for records. The website said my case was approved on August 2nd, but the letter had a notice date of August 1st saying it was sent to NVC. Then on the 10th I received the online notification that it was sent to NVC, so it may not be accurate... I suggest you call the NVC and ask if they received your case, that's what I did.

Edited by Leah09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Just now, Lora18 said:

Was your husband's income tax lower than the prerequisite salary?

We didn't file one for him. Since it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm a full time student and would not be able to make enough since I work part time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.