Penguin_ie

Trump's future immigration policies- speculation MEGATHREAD

1,208 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Show me where I did not comment in facts and I will show you your alternate facts you so love a la Breitbart's menu.
I can multitask in feeling empathy for my fellow human beings and at the same time deal in facts.
There need not be an either or.  Unless you prefer a government like Russia of course,

then I would understand your point. This is still a democracy last time I checked though fascistic viewpoints have been

dropped here and there. The sheep want to be driven and not be lead it seems. Driven with a yuuuge bigley stick.
Authoritarian regimes are the new change it seems.

The day someone lost empathy is the day he lost his humanity.
You speak of fear and hysteria and I say again the motivation for this EO was and is fear mongering.
Now we the people who react in protest you call hysterical. No no, the hysteria label always belonged to the extreme right.
You are getting cause and effect mixed up.
Protest is democratic, not hysteria. Banning people with this EO is full fledged hysteria.
Trump owns this created hysteria in airports and the protests all over the world.

You want to see where you have not dealt in facts?    This whole post is littered with fear mongering and innuendo.   

You are even using fascism incorrectly.   

Where have I posted anything from Breitbart?  Or was that just another way for you to polarize and isolate me in a discussion?  You must be a follower of Saul Alinsky.   

This is actually a republic.  Not a democracy....  FYI  

The sheep (as you call Americans) want leadership and someone who does what they say and doesn't apologize for keeping some realistic border control.   The fact is we have struggled with this since 1965.    

Authoritarian regimes are not in vogue.   Anti globalism is surging.   There would be no brexit had Merkel, the mother of all migrants, not invited anyone who could come to Europe.    Now because of this careless policy by pro globalists.   We have Le Pen leading in France, AfD surging in Germany, 5 star in Italy, etc.    

Trump was elected because people don't want us wrapped up in these globalist plans.   People don't want open borders and they want security at the border and they want to know we just aren't letting anyone into the country.    Like I said this has been a problem since 1965.  

I have seen countless videos of leftists being anarchists with violence at these airports.    Like I have stated.... my fiancé comes in next month and I wonder how we will navigate the anarchists.   

Protest is democratic.   But there is a lot of anarchy out there.  It's been this way recently with these leftist protests.   The last i checked the tea party never tried to shut down highways or physically assault people at airports.   

Trump owns this and will benefit once people realize it's just fear mongering.   

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I have to disagree with much that was in this video. All Muslim countries are different from one another, not one is exactly the same; If we thought that, it would be similar to saying all European countries are identical to one another, although they all have their own culture, their own laws, and their own way of dealing with their nationals. Muslim majority countries are not different in that respect, they all have different laws and constitutions, many of which were adopted from European and American laws with a mixture of 'Islamic' laws (i.e. inheritance, marriage, death). There are some European countries some Christians would like to live in more-so than other's.. but is it really about religion, or is it more about the standard of living, opportunities, and perhaps family?

Many Muslims in the middle-east leave their countries and go to 'Christian' majority countries to get away from oppression or want to prosper in another country, (There are also many other countries that oppress their citizens and it has nothing to do with Islam, i.e. they are not Muslim majority countries); some Muslims are seeking the American dream just like any other intending immigrant from any other country.

Many Muslims do move to Muslim majority countries, as there are some Muslims countries that are better to live in than others. I have Egyptian/American friends who live in the UAE, I have a British friend married to an Egyptian who lives in Malaysia, I have a friend who is Egyptian living in Oman. Many Muslims do seek out other Muslim countries to live in and do not go automatically Christian majority or Western countries. 

Living in Egypt for almost 8 years, I have never witnessed women being forced to cover their bodies or their hair. We have many many women here who do not wear hijab (head scarf) and dress just like women in the 'West' without being persecuted. We have night clubs & cabaret's, have liquor stores & smoke shops. I have not seen anything in Egypt that doesn't happen in the West. I can not say this for some other Muslim majority countries as I have not visited them. I know that Saudi Arabia gets a lot of heat as they require women to cover their bodies even if they are not Muslim.. but they do not require them to wear a hijab. (I believe most non-Muslims have the idea that all Muslim majority countries are like that.. but they are not. )

I think it's a bit manipulative and a tad off topic with this video. 

There are good and bad people EVERY WHERE in EVERY RELIGION.  

Back towards the topic of Extreme Vetting and Bans. I completely understand the reason behind having tougher security measures towards those 7 countries, but I don't believe in banning them (temporarily or not) and preventing people who have already been vetted and approved to enter the country.

What I really would like to know is how much more vetting can they do with people who come from MENA countries??? It's well known that Muslim men from MENA countries already get lengthy AP's and security checks from multiple security agencies. So how much more?

Like I said in a previous thread, I'm all for the protection of the country, vet as much as you like, but let it be for all intending immigrants and not just towards Muslims in general.

Nice post.   

Personally, I think we need hard limits on immigration by country.  Similar to the 1924 policy.    Australia has a hard cap overall and it has helped them tremendously.     

I think we need a points policy with limits from each country.   

As always I think the U.K. Is just different than any other country in the world.  I personally wouldn't limit them but that has more to do with England basically being our homeland.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would love to see AOS in country be removed - one loop hole that needs to be removed for all except K1.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
12 minutes ago, FloridaMinsk said:

You want to see where you have not dealt in facts?    This whole post is littered with fear mongering and innuendo.   

You are even using fascism incorrectly.   

Where have I posted anything from Breitbart?  Or was that just another way for you to polarize and isolate me in a discussion?  You must be a follower of Saul Alinsky.   

This is actually a republic.  Not a democracy....  FYI  

The sheep (as you call Americans) want leadership and someone who does what they say and doesn't apologize for keeping some realistic border control.   The fact is we have struggled with this since 1965.    

Authoritarian regimes are not in vogue.   Anti globalism is surging.   There would be no brexit had Merkel, the mother of all migrants, not invited anyone who could come to Europe.    Now because of this careless policy by pro globalists.   We have Le Pen leading in France, AfD surging in Germany, 5 star in Italy, etc.    

Trump was elected because people don't want us wrapped up in these globalist plans.   People don't want open borders and they want security at the border and they want to know we just aren't letting anyone into the country.    Like I said this has been a problem since 1965.  

I have seen countless videos of leftists being anarchists with violence at these airports.    Like I have stated.... my fiancé comes in next month and I wonder how we will navigate the anarchists.   

Protest is democratic.   But there is a lot of anarchy out there.  It's been this way recently with these leftist protests.   The last i checked the tea party never tried to shut down highways or physically assault people at airports.   

Trump owns this and will benefit once people realize it's just fear mongering.   

No, Trump's campaign was based on fear mongering.
No, I have not "used" fascism incorrectly.
The Breitbart comment was in reference to your comment that NYT is fake news, you put yourself in the fringe category with that remark.
You are polarizing and isolating yourself, I am referencing your comments not you personally, I do not know you.
FYI this republic is considered to be  democratic, a democracy which I happen to treasure and I disagree with your authoritarian views.
The "this is a republic" line is deflective.
Anti globalists will soon wake up to the direction they are headed to.
I am neither for the populist nor for the anti globalist view. I am not an extremist.
I am not in favor of open borders contrary to what you may think.
You will find hundreds of youtubes and articles on tea party bigotry, violence from Trumps campaign crowds, help yourself to view them

and for very obvious reasons not at airports.

The basis for the EO was and is to pacify his base that was motivated through fear. It was a thank -you note for his voters.
Trump won because too many did not vote, he lost the popular vote. Period. He does not reflect the majority of American perspective.
The non voters only have themselves to blame and have learned their lesson for the next election. Stand by and watch.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Some republicans finally are coming around to speak out about this. Interesting to see how it will all evolve. May they grow some.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

18 minutes ago, cyclone27 said:

I would love to see AOS in country be removed - one loop hole that needs to be removed for all except K1.

So if someone comes on a working visa and spends years here, lives here for all intents and purposes..finds the love of their life in the process... They should leave their job, go back to the country where they have no job anymore and apply from there and wait a year to come back?

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

I hadn't seen this before... It's not news that it was what he said during campaigning.. but here is Giuliani saying that Trump contacted him asking how he could do a muslim ban in a legal way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-ban-rudy-giuliani-how-legally-create-islam-us-immigration-entry-visa-new-york-a7552751.html

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

giphy.gif

Just now, LionessDeon said:

Exactly.  You what happens when a bunch of snowflakes get together....we can cause an avalanche. :lol:

Snowball is just starting to roll.. ;)

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

Snowball is just starting to roll.. ;)

I believe so.  Just read in another thread that trump made history...... the first president in modern history to have more than half of Americans disapprove of his job performance in 9 days.

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline
1 hour ago, LionessDeon said:

The snowflakes (as you call Americans) want someone who doesn't fly by the seat of their pants, someone who takes in the concerns of all American people affected by his decisions.  Someone who makes informed constitutional decisions.

Discussion and debate does not equal hysteria and fear mongering.  Banning people who have already been vetted and given approval of US government does.  Acting like there wasn't vetting in place prior to his inauguration does. Picking and choosing countries, leaving out those that are known to harbor terrorists and killed Americans does.

Alot of anarchy?  I found one report of an assault to a counter protester.  So evidently us snowflakes aren't the only ones out there voicing our concerns.

This is only an initial list.   There will be countries added.    

Timeline
1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

I believe so.  Just read in another thread that trump made history...... the first president in modern history to have more than half of Americans disapprove of his job performance in 9 days.

He loves attention. I am surprised he did not have his panties in an uproar yet and whined about it in a tweet.

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.