Irisandjoel

Unreliable processing times - I-129F NOA2

36 posts in this topic

Just now, Irisandjoel said:

Oh I will, I have everything neatly organized in a folder and will double and triple check when the time comes. I like to keep everything super organized.

Yeah I thought so, I was sure we needed that form, makes sense for a Fiancé visa since I'm not gonna be allowed to work for a few months after I get there.. But yeah that is a good point to fill it out anyway and have it ready if they decide they need it after all. 

Join in the February filers thread for some company :) You can also keep track of what's going on with February petitions. There are other people who are in your shoes i.e. pending NOA2.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
Just now, KULtoATL said:

Join in the February filers thread for some company :) You can also keep track of what's going on with February petitions. There are other people who are in your shoes i.e. pending NOA2.

Oh thanks, I was looking for that group!

No worries :) Have fun!

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

Oh damn... hopefully they will get to it asap.

Thank you I no I called my lawyer to see what's the hold up and they told me just wait that's all we can do 😞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
1 hour ago, Irisandjoel said:

Hello everyone, 

I am new to this site and I hope I can get some answers/moral support here :)

My fiancé applied for my K1 visa and sent in the I-129F in February, and he got the receipt that the case was received Feb 28th. And now we have been waiting and I have been following the current service center processing times from this website and checking our case status every day for the past few weeks since the website claimed they were getting closer to the date of our case. In middle of last week they were processing feb 28th but still no change in case status. So my fiancé called USCIS today to ask them about the case status and they tell him our case was forwarded from Texas service center to California (we had no idea about that) and that California is currently processing December 15th!!! :S Which means still 2-3 months of waiting until they finally get to our case. 

So apparently the processing times this website is showing are waaaayyy off. And I'm pissed about that obviously, getting my hopes up and all that..

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/index.php?cfl=0 - this is the website I checked to see the processing times.

But the guy on the phone then said that when they finally get to our case that there isn't much of a wait after that until I schedule my interview at the embassy... Which I think is weird since according to a timeline flowchart from this website they give about 10 weeks from NOA2 until embassy interview... or is that bullshit too?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

So yeah.. kinda sad and depressed right now, had been hoping to have my visa approved in end of August and to be moving in middle/end of september.. but seems like it's gonna be much later than that. 

- Iris 

Iris,

our NOA1 was 2/10/17

NOA2 was 5/5/17 (80+ days), also processed by California center. Avg is 90-115 days. We got lucky with a just wee bit shorter wait. So don't panic. Start reading feb/March filers forum and you'll see where you are at in comparison to others. You are about a month behind our time table.

My my finace just went through his physical exam. We hope to get the interview first week in July. So I hope to have him here in early August. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Irisandjoel said:

Hello everyone, 

My fiancé applied for my K1 visa and sent in the I-129F in February, and he got the receipt that the case was received Feb 28th. And now we have been waiting and I have been following the current service center processing times from this website and checking our case status every day for the past few weeks since the website claimed they were getting closer to the date of our case. In middle of last week they were processing feb 28th but still no change in case status. So my fiancé called USCIS today to ask them about the case status and they tell him our case was forwarded from Texas service center to California (we had no idea about that) and that California is currently processing December 15th!!! :S Which means still 2-3 months of waiting until they finally get to our case. 

So apparently the processing times this website is showing are waaaayyy off. And I'm pissed about that obviously, getting my hopes up and all that..

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/index.php?cfl=0 - this is the website I checked to see the processing times.

But the guy on the phone then said that when they finally get to our case that there isn't much of a wait after that until I schedule my interview at the embassy... Which I think is weird since according to a timeline flowchart from this website they give about 10 weeks from NOA2 until embassy interview... or is that bull too?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

So yeah.. kinda sad and depressed right now, had been hoping to have my visa approved in end of August and to be moving in middle/end of september.. but seems like it's gonna be much later than that. 

- Iris 

Don't worry... it can takes 5 entire months. We received our NOA1 on February 9th, we still don't getting the NOA2 yet. I saw here on Visa Journey some couples that Received NOA1 on February 2nd and NOA2 on June 6th. 

Believe me, I know how frustrating this waiting can be.

Good luck and patience for us.. :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Adriana&Marko said:

Hang in there im a November filer and I didn't hear back till the 100th day so 5 months it took which was March 2nd got a rfe but my

case was on hold for two months had to get few papers for my rfe sent everything back and it's been 20 days nothing yet 

i was january filers 2017 we got noa1 jan23 we got rfe may17 but we sent it ryt away and uscis got our rfe response may 22 but until now we dont received any NOA2 still? do u have any idea wat to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Emmz said:

i was january filers 2017 we got noa1 jan23 we got rfe may17 but we sent it ryt away and uscis got our rfe response may 22 but until now we dont received any NOA2 still? do u have any idea wat to do?

So you sent in your rfe and they received it may 22nd like me ? I called immigration before lady told me if we don't hear back by July 22nd to call them but I don't think it will be that long we should hear something soon I hope 🙏🏼She told me within 60 days they get back to you 

I also have a similar issue. Our NOA1 was Feb 24, 2017 - I spoke to a guy for a really long time. He said that the website was last updated May 26 with those December times. I'm in the same predicament, we were hoping to start our lives together Mid-august or September. Anyways, he said the best thing if you want to feel like you're doing anything, is to visit a field office. There are some all over the US and a few outside. I plan to make an appointment for the Jo-berg one; cause I am currently based in Cape Town. Good luck!

Timeline
7 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

One more suggestion, have your fiance sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. He'll get a scan of incoming letters for each day so he'll be able to tell in advance when there's a USCIS letter.

is this set up at USPS.com or the USCIS website? and what info do they need to do so? Thanks.

Edited by j N j

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Irisandjoel said:

Hello everyone, 

My fiancé applied for my K1 visa and sent in the I-129F in February, and he got the receipt that the case was received Feb 28th.

I sent my K1 visa application off on January 26 and have a received date of February 2nd and NOA1 date of 2/6. I have not received the NOA2. 

I would strongly suggest you follow the February 2017 filers (as I do). I have found that there is an incredible amount of knowledge and support in the group  (if you feel like venting, or have questions or concerns or ideas). They are an amazing bunch of people  (like all those here)

But I understand your frustration completely.....it feels like your life is on hold and your future is being held hostage.....but there are people out there that are in the situation.....you are not alone. 

26 minutes ago, j N j said:

is this set up at USPS.com or the USCIS website? and what info do they need to do so? Thanks.

It's a service provided by USPS. I was one of the architects & developers on the ID project. It's not related to USCIS...USCIS just uses USPS for their domestic mail service. You can use the website, iOS, Android, or Windows 10 apps to check your packages and mail images after enrollment.

You can signup via the main website, or if you already have a usps.com account (free), just go here and enroll for My USPS and/or Informed Delivery.

https://reg.usps.com/preferences

Enrollment requires verification of your identity. This is performed by asking some questions (that you've probably seen if you signed up for a bank account or loan or some other services online). The questions asked vary from person to person, but are generally to identify address and/or account histories (i.e. on which of the following addresses have you lived, you have an account serviced by which of the following lenders, etc.). If that is not successful or there is not enough information to present you with questions (no history), then there are some post offices (not all!) that you can visit to show your ID and verify your identity.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
11 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's a service provided by USPS. I was one of the architects & developers on the ID project. It's not related to USCIS...USCIS just uses USPS for their domestic mail service. You can use the website, iOS, Android, or Windows 10 apps to check your packages and mail images after enrollment.

You can signup via the main website, or if you already have a usps.com account (free), just go here and enroll for My USPS and/or Informed Delivery.

https://reg.usps.com/preferences

Enrollment requires verification of your identity. This is performed by asking some questions (that you've probably seen if you signed up for a bank account or loan or some other services online). The questions asked vary from person to person, but are generally to identify address and/or account histories (i.e. on which of the following addresses have you lived, you have an account serviced by which of the following lenders, etc.). If that is not successful or there is not enough information to present you with questions (no history), then there are some post offices (not all!) that you can visit to show your ID and verify your identity.

thats good, cuz I already have an USPS account, I will go there and finish the process needed..Thanks so much!

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

It's also worth noting that you can't officially bug USCIS about your case until the date that's now Dec 15th passes your NOA1 date. As others have pointed out, that Dec 15th date does not represent which cases USCIS is mostly working on right now. Currently, they are working on Feb cases and moving into March cases. Some cases just take longer to get NOA2 (like mine which took 131 days), and there are is no shortage of theories as to why.

Some popular theories for the delays include:

• The case is waiting on a background check.
  • The case is on the desk of a person that's sick, slow, fed up, on vacation, etc.
  • The case has fallen into the abyss.
  • The case was moved to the bottom of the stack because Tier 2 didn't like a person's tone or were just having a bad day when the petitioner called.

My theory for why some are approved faster than others:

You see, they have the regular workers, the ones that communicate back and forth to the phone workers and follow the rules. Then there are the workers (or should I call them true patriots), who are not USCIS employees, who have infiltrated the CSC pyramid complex in order to get the job done. That's why we see mail approvals, but not online approvals. These I-129F ninjas are shuffling out approvals left and right and out of sight, so fast that nobody can see what's going on. They move in on the USCIS officer's desks like Bruce Lee and then disappear into the shadows with the cases that we figured had slipped into the abyss. Then the next thing we know, we get an approval in the mail, and nobody over there knows what happened. 

The California service center (seriously)...

k1-fiancee-visa-1.png

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

The I-134 was the main document of interest at the embassy interview. The officer looked it over very carefully. Just saying that was our experience. Good luck!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.