Penguin_ie

German people...rührt euch!!

2,993 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, omega6 said:

Hello dear people

I also get back from the sinking. 
After 5 wonderful weeks in Colorado I arrived back in Germany on April 21st. My return flight was canceled by Lufthansa, but the reason was only that I wanted to fly original to Munich, the only flights that currently still operate to Frankfurt. Whatever, I promptly got a new flight for two days later. 
The farewell was super tearful, we will only see each other in about a year when my husband is back from the deployment. 😢 
The concern for him plus the current situation (travel ban, virus, etc.) plus the stress of flying home plus the 14 days of quarantine that I had to spend alone in my booth gave me a tooth infection right from the first evening after my arrival, which at least distracted me well from jet lag. 🥴 After 2.5 weeks of hellish pain, 1.5 packs of antibiotics and strong pain relievers and finally an operation in the clinic, I am now completely exhausted. 😞 
And now it slowly comes to me how the situation at the moment looks super chaotic with regard to visas and entries and any plans at all. 
I came home with a stack of documents so that I can now send package 3 - even if the consulates are not working. At some point they have to start again, it can't stay that way forever ?! However, I don't know: If you have the confirmation at some point and you are asked to book an interview, how long can you delay the appointment? I wouldn't have to get my visa earlier than the end of November or so. 🙄 Ah, my question strikes me as really stupid among all the other concerns I read here. 😕

What were you all doing, who were just before the visa expired and already quit your apartment and work, are you still in Germany? 
I hope you are all well, no matter whether already in the USA or still here in Germany. 
I send all of you who are still separated from your loved ones a big hug, mentally and emotionally I am with all of you and can very well understand your disappointment and despair. 😢 But don't give up hope, you can't keep the borders closed forever, virus or not. * fingers crossed for all of us * 🤞 

If it gives anyone hope, we got packet 3 on April 3rd, after all the shutdowns. We had been waiting two months for packet 3 so I'm not sure why we didn't get it during normal circumstances but got it during the Corona outbreak, but we did. Then we sent it in April 8th. My approval expired April 25th so I sent them a letter and email to extend the approval and they told me they actually are working regular cases just telecommuting. I'm sure things won't be as fast and the official word on the website is that they are still only doing emergency services but that gave us a little bit of hope. I still want to be realistic but of course you hold onto every little thing during this process. I have never experienced a deployment and neither of us are military so we won't, but we haven't seen each other in over 8 months so I'm sorry at the long wait you have a head. Best wishes!!! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

So schoen mal wieder von dir zu hoeren @omega6. Oh man da hast du ja ganz schoen was hinter dir. Hoffe da kommen jetzt auch wieder ruhigere Zeiten.

Du machst einfach nichts außer brav alle 4 Monate einen neuen Letter of intent zu schicken. Denk aber dran das die Petition nach einem Jahr ablauft und du bus dahin dein Visum haben musst ansonsten is rum. Also besser nicht zuuu knapp planen.

Unser naechstes deployment kommt auch mit großen Schritten naeher und ich bin kein Fan aber machste nichts 🤷‍♀️   

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

So schoen mal wieder von dir zu hoeren @omega6. Oh man da hast du ja ganz schoen was hinter dir. Hoffe da kommen jetzt auch wieder ruhigere Zeiten.

Du machst einfach nichts außer brav alle 4 Monate einen neuen Letter of intent zu schicken. Denk aber dran das die Petition nach einem Jahr ablauft und du bus dahin dein Visum haben musst ansonsten is rum. Also besser nicht zuuu knapp planen.

Unser naechstes deployment kommt auch mit großen Schritten naeher und ich bin kein Fan aber machste nichts 🤷‍♀️   

Es ist auch ein bisschen als würde man hierhin ins Forum doch immer wieder heimkommen, also freut man sich über die anderen wieder zu lesen. 🤗

@Letspaintcookies Wie meinst du es dass ich brav nichts machen soll nur den letter of intent zuschicken? Das haben wir schon mal angefangen weil während ich noch drüben war lief schon unser Petition ab. Aber die Dokumente kann ich doch jetzt schon zum Konsulat senden - oder? Und dann sie sind jetzt eine Weile noch geschlossen, dann wenn sie deren Briefkasten aufsperren kriegen sie einen Schlag von der Menge an Anträge und Dokumente die inzwischen eingetrudelt sind, dann brüten sie eine Weile an den neuen und den älteren Fällen und dann iiiiiiiiiiirgendwann bearbeiten sie unseren Fall und dann nooooooochspäääääääter bekomme ich das Schreiben dass ich nun einen Interviewtermin aussuchen darf. Könnte ich da auch noch einfach warten und warten und letter of intent zusenden bid mal die Termine für November auftauchen? Oder geht so eine Warterei bei dem Punkt schon eher nicht und ich soll lieber mit dem Abschicken der Dokumente warten?

Ich hätte es mal gern erledigt, das gibt einem wieder das Gefühl, dass alles ein Schritt vorwärts gegangen ist, ähnlich wie am Anfang mit dem USCIS Petition. 

Owe, stimmt ihr seid auch vor einem deployment. 😰 War es nicht September bei euch? Oder Juni? (ich bin mit meinen eigenen Terminen und Monate auch schon absolut durcheinander) Wisst ihr wie lang er bleiben muss? Und wo? (wenn du es nicht erzählen magst dann gern als PN oder eben gar nicht 😉)

Machst du dir keine Sorgen was du dann während der Zeit so machen wirst? Ich hätte schon ein bisschen Bange aber andererseits...ich lebe hier in DE auch komplett allein (da meine Family in Ungarn ist) und ich wurde hier auch nie wahnsinnig vom Alleinsein 🤷🏻‍♀️
Hast du dich inzwischen bisschen eingelebt? Einen Job hast du aber noch nicht oder? (vermutlich auch noch kein work permit?)

Timeline

@omega6 da hab ich mich dumm ausgedrueckt. Natuerlich, schick alles hin damit du fuers Interview freigeschalten bist. Danach mein ich einfach abwarten, immer nen neuen Letter of intent schicken und dann schauen das du nen Termin fuer Anfang November kriegst. Was ja gefuehlt auch schon wieder gar nicht mehr soooo lange hin ist 😊  

Ja irgendwann im Juli ist es wahrscheinlich soweit wobei, du weist ja wie es ist. Genaues weiß man erst wenn es soweit ist 😂 er wird nur 6/7 Monate wet sein. Das ist schon mal ganz gut und wenn er wiederkommt werden wir auch zeitnah wissen wohin es als naechstes geht denn Ende naechstes Jahr steht schon ein PCS an. Ich hoffe ja auf Kalifornien, Cody auf alles außer Kalifornien 😂

Das wird schon komisch werden hier ploetzlich allein zu sein. Meine work permit hab ich inzwischen aber bin noch auf der Jobsuche und wer weiß wann sich da was ergibt

Timeline

Fand gerade folgende Nachrichten bez. Einreisestopp in die USA aus dem Schengen-Raum:

https://app.handelsblatt.com/wirtschaft-handel-und-finanzen-weisses-haus-ende-von-us-einreisestopp-aus-europa-nicht-absehbar/25848818.html

Und hier das original press briefing, die Frage kommt irgendwann im letzten Drittel auf (wegen der blöden YouTube Werbung kann ich es euch nicht genau sagen wann).

Es schaut also nicht gut aus für uns alle. 😞 Aber mal abwarten...

Edited by omega6

Timeline
4 hours ago, omega6 said:

Just found the following news Entry stop to the USA from the Schengen area:

https://app.handelsblatt.com/wirtschaft-handel-und-finanzen-weisses-haus-ende-von-us-einreisestopp-aus-europa-nicht-absehbar/25848818.html

And here is the original press briefing, the question arises sometime in the last third (because of the stupid YouTube advertising, I can't tell you exactly when).

So it doesn't look good for all of us. 😞 But wait and see ...

51:24..Its still the same information we all know... Nobody knows when ESTA, and visitors will be allowed in. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

51:24..Its still the same information we all know... Nobody knows when ESTA, and visitors will be allowed in. 

Yes exactly. But news about this are at least some kind of news - except this briefing I couldn’t hear or read any update on this topic in the media since April. And it made me even more nervous than knowing that they still intend to keep the boarders closed - and not just forgot about all Europeans. 🙄😜

Timeline
50 minutes ago, omega6 said:

Yes exactly. But news about this are at least some kind of news - except this briefing I couldn't hear or read any update on this topic in the media since April. And it made me even more nervous than knowing that they still intend to keep the boarders closed - and not just forgot about all Europeans. 🙄 😜

You know the thing I personally dont understand about the US regulations is that countries like Germany are doing so very well and have managed to keep this virus on the low. They are doing better than the USA so are many other European countries so why are they still shutting Europeans out? We have deep ties with countries like Germany ,France and most of the Schengen countries so why ban them?.....the only though that comes to my mind is we americans being our usually proud people are waiting for Europeans to lift international bans first and open up before we consider opening up to them....the truth is that the shutting down of borders hurt family ties and even the economy

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

....the only though that comes to my mind is we americans being our usually proud people are waiting for Europeans to lift international bans first and open up before we consider opening up to them....the truth is that the shutting down of borders hurt family ties and even the economy

Exactly, I also thought that it seems countries (USA vs EU) are waiting for the other party to take the first step with opening their borders. 

The media is so concentrating on keeping people at home and keeping the economy alive - but nobody is mentioning all the families torn apart due to these travel restrictions. It won’t be an issue if politicians would inform us at least how long these restrictions will presumably remain in effect because the current situation is all about waiting and staying calm and everybody knows there is no better tactic against the virus. But there are people whose visas got invalid in the meantime, who haven’t seen their loved ones for a year or who sold their house and quit their job because they had the visa and everything arranged in March already.
This simply sucks and is unfair with all these people - like all of us here. 
That’s the reason I posted a.m. news because this showed to me at least any kind of news, even if no good ones. 😐 

But let’s stay optimistic, we will all manage it sooner or later! 🤗🤞

Edited by omega6

Timeline
30 minutes ago, omega6 said:

Exactly, I also thought that it seems countries (USA vs EU) are waiting for the other party to take the first step with opening their borders. 

The media is so concentrating on keeping people at home and keeping the economy alive - but nobody is mentioning all the families torn apart due to these travel restrictions. It won't be an issue if politicians would inform us at least how long these restrictions will presumably remain in effect because the current situation is all about waiting and staying calm and everybody knows there is no better tactic against the virus. But there are people whose visas got invalid in the meantime, who haven't seen their loved ones for a year or who sold their house and quit their job because they had the visa and everything arranged in March already.
This simply sucks and is unfair with all these people - like all of us here. 
That's the reason I posted on the news because this showed to me at least any kind of news, even if no good ones. 😐 

But let's stay optimistic, we will all manage it sooner or later! 🤗 🤞

I concur... Even if they ask Europeans to present covid test results before they can fly that is OK.. But just separate families at such a time were family is all we need.

Timeline

Oh nein du Arme 🙈 was machst du denn fuer Sachen? Gratuliere zum Fuehrerschein 🎉🎉 ich will meinen auch endlich haben aber Mississippi kriegt es nicht hin die DMVs wieder zu oeffnen    

14 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Oh nein du Arme 🙈 was machst du denn fuer Sachen? Gratuliere zum Fuehrerschein 🎉🎉 ich will meinen auch endlich haben aber Mississippi kriegt es nicht hin die DMVs wieder zu oeffnen    

Tja, weiß auch nicht, warum ich sowas mache 😅🤷🏻‍♀️

Ich hatte tatsächlich Glück mit dem Führerschein. Die haben seit letzter Woche Dienstag wieder auf und man braucht dort keinen Termin. Bin dann gleich hin und hatte jemand super netten, der mir da geholfen hat. Dadurch, dass man ja gerade mitten in einer Statusänderung ist, konnten die mich nicht online verifizieren und mussten meine Akte manuell nach Harrisburg schicken, um mich verifizieren zu lassen. Er meinte, das kann schon um die 30 Tage dauern.. er hat aber auch gleichzeitig schon mal den Antrag gestellt, um meinen Führerschein auch von Deutschland verifizieren zu lassen, damit das, sobald Harrisburg meinen Visumsstatus approved, alles schneller geht.. da sie meine Handynummer haben, hat er mich auch immer auf dem Laufenden gehalten und mir gestern morgen eine sms geschickt, dass ich nun vorbei kommen kann, da sie alle Unterlagen und Verifizierungen von mir haben 😄 ging also alles schneller als gedacht.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.